“Not up to Marriott standards”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
West Chester, Ohio
“Not up to Marriott standards”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here while in town for a graduation. Was disappointed in the obvious things for this hotel. It needs an update badly, had kind of a funky smell, the pool, patio and exercise room were small, stark, and didn't seem to be well cared for. The cooked items for breakfast were not good, and they would not replenish items with 45 minutes remaining in the breakfast time. The room we were assigned initially had a wet carpet because the room above it had flooded from the tub. The front desk staff person was overworked, but he handled it well and tried to take care of everybody as quickly as possible.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
I am so very sorry we did not meet your needs. I am thrilled to here our staff impressed you. I am pleased to say we have a renovation planned for fall of this year. I am confident that once it is completed that we will be exactly what you are looking for. I truly hope we have the chance in the future to provide you a perfect stay.

I hope this finds you well,

Mark Parker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed one night here and had wonderful service. I had just driven to Savannah only to arrive at a different hotel I had booked via orbits. when I arrived the room was a smoke-filled disaster when I had booked a non smoking room. I was told they had no other rooms so last minute I needed to find another hotel. I drove up to Spring Hill and walked in hoping for a room. The desk attendant was swamped with people checking in or panicking and he was so kind and courteous to me and got me into a room very quickly. I appreciate such great customer service. The hotel was clean and well done. The room was lovely and clean as well. No issues, a great save as the previous hotel wasn't nearly as nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I am so happy to hear that we were not able to meet your needs but exceed your expectations. I looked up the schedule and it was Sam that excelled that night. I will be sure to let him know about your comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I hope we get to have you back as our guest on your next trip to Savannah!

Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We live in central Florida and regularly travel I-95 to the northeast and back. The Springhill Suites Hotel at Exit 94S is a perfect first- or last-day stop as we go north or south. The rooms are always in pristine condition, with fresh white linens and comfortable, quiet air-conditioning. The lobby is spacious with a full hot breakfast included. Indoor pool and treadmills give a refreshing break to exercise and loosen up after several hours on the road. Also, Hoolihan's Restaurant is fabulous for dinner (next door) and Cracker Barrel (on the other side of Hoolihan's is in the same complex!

Room Tip: We always request a room near the elevators. I like to inquire if there are any groups booked and to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BigNanaFlorida
Based on your description I think you stayed at our sister property right at exit 94 off of I-95. We are the midtown location. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. If you ever visit Savannah for a longer period of time we would love to have you as our guest.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chose this place as an alternative to the more expensive Historic District while in town for the Savannah Music Festival. The room was spacious, and the breakfast had many choices available. It was about a 15 minute drive on Abercorn to the Historic District, so if you have a car the location is a great option to get more hotel for less money. Located conveniently by several restaurants and a major mall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are thrilled that we were an excellent value for your trip to Savannah. There is nothing we love more than hearing you got more than you paid for. I hope we see you again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Savannah and our first time staying at Springhill Suites. We were very pleased with the accommodations and the friendliness and helpful staff. The concierge Judy was terrific and helped us book some wonderful excursions. The breakfast bar was good and held us over until lunch. Everything was within walking distance from this hotel. The valet parking was expensive at 20 dollars a night but other than that we've got no complaints.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank lizagrov
Based on your review I think you stayed at another location. I am so pleased you enjoyed our sister property in the historic district. Welcome to Springhill Suites!!!!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here on way back from Florida using a Rewards stay. Staff was fine, and hotel is in a decent location with restaurants nearby.

Hotel needs to be refreshed and updated. For instance the bathroom fan was loud and annoying.

Not a bad hotel, but time for a re-do.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me as well as with the public.

We are scheduled to begin our renovation in about 90 days. I hope you are able to come stay with us again after, so you can see all the new exciting changes.

I hope this finds you well,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My two friends and I stayed here last August for two nights and had an excellent stay. We booked a double room (possibly kingsize, can't remember?) with a sofa bed and both the main bed and the sofa were massive, as was the en-suite bathroom. We were on the same floor as the pool, which was great as we took advantage of the decent sized pool and hot tub both days. The free breakfast was also a pretty good deal, with hot food, cereal, bread and fruit on offer- although the cakes go fast, so get down there early! I used the gym one morning, which was quiet, cool, and had a number of treadmills and elliptical machines, all with mini tvs attached, so pretty decent for a hotel gym.

The hotel itself is both a short walk from the centre of town and the Greyhound station (if you're coming or leaving by bus like we did). All the staff were lovely and gave us useful advice about the local area. We couldn't afford to do one of the guided walking/carriage tours, so the concierge drew us out our own map of places we had to see, and told us the best time to get to Mrs Wilkes' for the shortest lunchtime queue (our one splurge and definitely worth it for the amazing southern home cooking)!

A final plus - we also got to leave our bags there for a couple of hours after we checked out.

Room Tip: A double room with a sofa bed easily sleeps 4 people - I think the sofa bed was originally advertise...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RachelBL
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It's so nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass these kind words to my team.

We hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Hospitably,