“NOT UP TO MARRIOTT STANDARDS”

Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #58 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Was passing through Savannah for one night only and decided to stay at the Inn.Located on a very busy street and near the airport.Road noise was extreme.The rooms appear to be much smaller than the standard Residence Inn and the furnishings were in dire need of upgrading.
We seemed to be an inconvenience to the desk personnel.I am a member of Marriott and will continue to be,but will not stay here again nor recommend to any one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank adam6868

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were there for St. Patrick's Day Festival and had a fun time. Room was clean.. The staff was extremely helpful. They called us a cab and printed out information for us.

It is not within walking distance from downtown. However, if you have a car or call a taxi, you will be fine. The area around it is mixed with upscale shopping across the street.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I debated about writting this review. The staff at this hotel is very nice. so it's hard writting a negitive review when people are being nice. I spoke with Carlos about the problems at the hotel, and he made notes to address the issues. I came to Savannah to work 5 days 4 nights. When I checked in, I used the elavator to get to my room. The elavator had a smell that was to the point of being nausating, not real strong, but persistant. I went to the fitness room to work out on the treadmil. I noticed the room was warm. When I finished I took my temp gun and measured the temp in the room. It was 87 degrees. I went to check my email, the the wired internet did not work. The wirelees was very slow, to the point my company emial, would not logon. The air conditioner was very loud when it cycled. The construction is such that when someone walks in the hall it is very noisy. I stayed there 1 night. Got up the next morning, walked over to the Homewood suites next door. It was a very good choice. Breakfast was better, more seating. The room air system works well, and quite. I am on their internet now, and it works perfect. I am paying $7 more per night, and well worth it. As an added feature there is a ceiling fan over the bed.

Hope you enjoy Savannah , it's one of favorate places to visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I'm not going to rate the actual rooms because when we pulled into the area the hotel was located in, we parked the car, connected to the internet wireless access of Residence Inn and promptly cancelled our room on the spot just minutes before the 4 p.m. deadline. The area surrounding the hotel looked very rough to us, very unlike the typical Residence Inn locale. We turned around and headed back out to the interstate, where we stayed at a very nice Embassy Suites at the Airport. This Residence Inn just didn't look quite the same as what we're used to, and we're big fans of this particular chain. The area looked like one of the rougher parts of Savannah to us. Unless you enjoy numerous Pawn Shops and other eyesores right up the street from where you're staying with your young children, please do some research on this place. No thanks, not for nearly 200$.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BFMcLaughlin
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My first trip to Savannah I stayed at the Residence Inn Historical District. Unfortunately, we couldn't get a reservation this time.
The Residence Inn Midtown was a short drive to the Historical District...which was a plus.
I will be honest...when we drove up I was a little hesitant..but the room was great and the staff were super friendly. They don't have a full bar like the Residence Inn Historical nor was the breakfast bar or the Manager meals as elaborate. I was able to visit several nearby restaurants (not fast food) , Publix and Fresh Market are nearby. I shopped the mall and other shops along Abercorn.
If you fly in I would stay in the Historical District but if you drive in...stay at the Residence Inn Midtown..you won't be disappointed...and you will save some money too! Great Staff...thanks for everything!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Babytravelers
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We always stay at Residence Inn when we can because they have always been excellent, until now. Believe the reviews, area not great, hotel not up to Residents Inn normal standards. Rooms are smaller and not as well appointed but the noise was the worst. The hotel rooms are only feet away fron a four lane highway and an army base. Helicopters and road traffic all night. Stay somewhere else. Paid over $200 for 4 hours of interrupted sleep!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I was visiting Savannah on business and brought my family to vacation. The customer service started before we checked in. Upon arriving at the hotel, me and my children were at the front desk getting directions to our room from Bianca. We were informed about the happy hour we had just missed. That's when Shemeka (sp) was coming through with some remaining items from the happy hour event. She had just finished putting things away and gladly went back into the dining area to prepare a plate for my son.
Our four day stay at this inn was the best that me and my family can remember in some time, inspite of the road noise. The customer service was excellent, from Sandra the assistant manager engaging conversations, Willie's exception knowledge of Savannah, Annette, Patricia's (both) and "Beau" friendly demeanor and attention to detail and Bianca's untiring smile were all welcoming experiences. This was evident by all of the satisfied faces of the tenants.
My wife and kids really enjoyed the indoor pool, my son especially enjoyed the use of the basketball court and we all took advantage of the fitness center. The patio area was very clean and the furnishings were very well appointed.
This is a testiment to what great customer service can do. We could have stayed at a "5-Star" high rate hotel in the downtown area, but there is no substitute for great customer service. I would recommend this hotel to friends, family and colleagues when visiting The Coastal Empire.
- Rick W., Atlanta, GA

Room Tip: Call ahead, check availability, and request your room in a pleasant and respectfull manner