“It was okay!”

Ranked #61 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Jacksonville, Florida
“It was okay!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We arrived two hours before the posted check-in time and was given a room right away. The ladies at the front desk were helpful and courteous and the rooms appeared clean, renovated and spacious.

There are two reasons I didn't give this a rating of 5. The first is because there was some weird smell in my room that would not go away. We stayed in room 112, so beware. We never located the source, but I have a sneaky suspicion that something was dropped onto the carpet and never cleaned up properly.

The second reason is the location. The property is located off a main road that hosted moderate traffic consistantly during the day and night. Luckily, our room was away from the street and we never heard any traffic noise at night. There was easy access to the historic district, about 10-15 minutes driving distance.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Von O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Colbert, GA
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was a little skeptical about staying at first because of reviews I read here but a co-worker who visits the area often recommended this hotel so I figured we'd give it a try and it was well worth it.

A few of the reviews here mentioned outside noise and we had an end room so I did hear noise at times but it didn't bother me. Plus, for once, I was at a hotel with very friendly and helpful staff so forget the noise!

We had our 2 year old son with us and the space was definitely great! This was our first time staying at a Residence Inn but from now on, I'm looking for one wherever our vacation/getaways are.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Oli_Mic_Ave
San Marino, California
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The service was decently pleasant. At check-in the woman was prompt and informative, the younger lady the next day was very friendly, and the night shift was helpful. The room was a little smaller than other Residence Inns, but was renovated thankfully.

This is the first Marriott brand hotel I've experienced with obvious maintenance issues. The tub had a few chips, the window had a piece of bent hardware that seemed to allow some road noise in, unprofessional-looking patch work by the door, the sink stopper could not be pulled up all the way, the toilet was running constantly, and the shower head sprayed everywhere even after changing the settings a few times. None of these issues were too large of a problem, but it detracted from the stay. In addition, the alarm clock was set by a previous guest at an ungodly hour of 6:10AM (I am NOT an early bird. I could care less about that worm.) Housekeeping should have checked that.

The room cleanliness was pretty good. The only cleanliness issue I noticed was some brownish stains on the handles of a few silverware. It would have been nice to include a sponge at the kitchen sink to wash dishes being that there was a small bottle of Palmolive dish soap. Other Residence Inns have sponges.

There were a few other small issues, but this review is not intended to rip them apart. Overall, it was an average stay. It wasn't bad enough to ruin the vacation, but not good enough to enhance it either. Location was not bad...pretty convenient to restaurants, Historic District, drugstores, etc.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
I wanted to apologize about your less then perfect stay. We strive to give everyone the best stay possible. I have shared your response the my Chief Engineer about the maintenance issues. I have also shared your response about the alarm clock overlooked by housekeeping. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may gather more information to improveour property. Thank you for taking the time share your comments.

Carlos
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Was passing through Savannah for one night only and decided to stay at the Inn.Located on a very busy street and near the airport.Road noise was extreme.The rooms appear to be much smaller than the standard Residence Inn and the furnishings were in dire need of upgrading.
We seemed to be an inconvenience to the desk personnel.I am a member of Marriott and will continue to be,but will not stay here again nor recommend to any one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank adam6868
Parkland, FL
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were there for St. Patrick's Day Festival and had a fun time. Room was clean.. The staff was extremely helpful. They called us a cab and printed out information for us.

It is not within walking distance from downtown. However, if you have a car or call a taxi, you will be fine. The area around it is mixed with upscale shopping across the street.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I debated about writting this review. The staff at this hotel is very nice. so it's hard writting a negitive review when people are being nice. I spoke with Carlos about the problems at the hotel, and he made notes to address the issues. I came to Savannah to work 5 days 4 nights. When I checked in, I used the elavator to get to my room. The elavator had a smell that was to the point of being nausating, not real strong, but persistant. I went to the fitness room to work out on the treadmil. I noticed the room was warm. When I finished I took my temp gun and measured the temp in the room. It was 87 degrees. I went to check my email, the the wired internet did not work. The wirelees was very slow, to the point my company emial, would not logon. The air conditioner was very loud when it cycled. The construction is such that when someone walks in the hall it is very noisy. I stayed there 1 night. Got up the next morning, walked over to the Homewood suites next door. It was a very good choice. Breakfast was better, more seating. The room air system works well, and quite. I am on their internet now, and it works perfect. I am paying $7 more per night, and well worth it. As an added feature there is a ceiling fan over the bed.

Hope you enjoy Savannah , it's one of favorate places to visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott W
Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I'm not going to rate the actual rooms because when we pulled into the area the hotel was located in, we parked the car, connected to the internet wireless access of Residence Inn and promptly cancelled our room on the spot just minutes before the 4 p.m. deadline. The area surrounding the hotel looked very rough to us, very unlike the typical Residence Inn locale. We turned around and headed back out to the interstate, where we stayed at a very nice Embassy Suites at the Airport. This Residence Inn just didn't look quite the same as what we're used to, and we're big fans of this particular chain. The area looked like one of the rougher parts of Savannah to us. Unless you enjoy numerous Pawn Shops and other eyesores right up the street from where you're staying with your young children, please do some research on this place. No thanks, not for nearly 200$.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family