“Very Homey”

Ranked #64 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ithaca, New York
“Very Homey”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Stayed for a week and was very pleased. Nice spacious room.Good breakfast with several options including waffles.Complimentary managers light evening meals during the week were a nice treat..tacos. chilli.pasta.All workets were very nice and we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Eustis, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My family & I stayed here overnight en route to Sarasota, FL. Our guestroom had 2 bedrooms, fireplace, full kitchen. The rooms were clean, decor modern yet functional. Perfect for traveling with children. The rooms are very spacious. They offer a reception in the evening. Which is a good idea, problem is.. They kept running out of food. Not within hours. Minutes, literally. If you plan to enjoy the reception be downstairs NLT 5:30 and sit there and wait. Breakfast is a crowded time also. I must admit they have a wonderful menu. I guess that's why the food go so quickly. When my family and I PCS to Savannah, we'll more than likely stay here again. It would be nice if they offered full size bars of soap in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Get a room as close as possible to the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Raymond, Mississippi
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel turned out to be the best hotel with the best rate of all of the hotels we stayed at while traveling recently. The room we had was excellent. The "World Market", restaurants, shopping mall, grocery stores etc. were located close by. I found the staff to be friendly, courteous and willing to help if you needed directions or recommendations.
I am so glad we stayed here instead of the historic district. This hotel is about ten minutes from the historic district and you won't have all of the noise of the historic district.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We arrived two hours before the posted check-in time and was given a room right away. The ladies at the front desk were helpful and courteous and the rooms appeared clean, renovated and spacious.

There are two reasons I didn't give this a rating of 5. The first is because there was some weird smell in my room that would not go away. We stayed in room 112, so beware. We never located the source, but I have a sneaky suspicion that something was dropped onto the carpet and never cleaned up properly.

The second reason is the location. The property is located off a main road that hosted moderate traffic consistantly during the day and night. Luckily, our room was away from the street and we never heard any traffic noise at night. There was easy access to the historic district, about 10-15 minutes driving distance.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Von O
Colbert, GA
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was a little skeptical about staying at first because of reviews I read here but a co-worker who visits the area often recommended this hotel so I figured we'd give it a try and it was well worth it.

A few of the reviews here mentioned outside noise and we had an end room so I did hear noise at times but it didn't bother me. Plus, for once, I was at a hotel with very friendly and helpful staff so forget the noise!

We had our 2 year old son with us and the space was definitely great! This was our first time staying at a Residence Inn but from now on, I'm looking for one wherever our vacation/getaways are.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Oli_Mic_Ave
San Marino, California
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The service was decently pleasant. At check-in the woman was prompt and informative, the younger lady the next day was very friendly, and the night shift was helpful. The room was a little smaller than other Residence Inns, but was renovated thankfully.

This is the first Marriott brand hotel I've experienced with obvious maintenance issues. The tub had a few chips, the window had a piece of bent hardware that seemed to allow some road noise in, unprofessional-looking patch work by the door, the sink stopper could not be pulled up all the way, the toilet was running constantly, and the shower head sprayed everywhere even after changing the settings a few times. None of these issues were too large of a problem, but it detracted from the stay. In addition, the alarm clock was set by a previous guest at an ungodly hour of 6:10AM (I am NOT an early bird. I could care less about that worm.) Housekeeping should have checked that.

The room cleanliness was pretty good. The only cleanliness issue I noticed was some brownish stains on the handles of a few silverware. It would have been nice to include a sponge at the kitchen sink to wash dishes being that there was a small bottle of Palmolive dish soap. Other Residence Inns have sponges.

There were a few other small issues, but this review is not intended to rip them apart. Overall, it was an average stay. It wasn't bad enough to ruin the vacation, but not good enough to enhance it either. Location was not bad...pretty convenient to restaurants, Historic District, drugstores, etc.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
I wanted to apologize about your less then perfect stay. We strive to give everyone the best stay possible. I have shared your response the my Chief Engineer about the maintenance issues. I have also shared your response about the alarm clock overlooked by housekeeping. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may gather more information to improveour property. Thank you for taking the time share your comments.

Carlos
Jupiter, FL
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Was passing through Savannah for one night only and decided to stay at the Inn.Located on a very busy street and near the airport.Road noise was extreme.The rooms appear to be much smaller than the standard Residence Inn and the furnishings were in dire need of upgrading.
We seemed to be an inconvenience to the desk personnel.I am a member of Marriott and will continue to be,but will not stay here again nor recommend to any one.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family