“Wonderful front desk but the food could be better”

Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #56 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 10 February 2014

As we entered the lobby, we were greeted by a nice lady, called Dorca, at the front desk. She gave us a beautiful room that we very much enjoyed. There was a nice whirlpool in the pool area and an outdoor fireplace on the ground floor. My family and I had a good time just sitting around and relax. My only complaint is that the food could be better during the social dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Sandra N, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Angel L- Thank You for your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah. Our goal is to provide our guests with 100% quality services. We apologize for the unsatisfactory of our food that was not to your liking. We appreciate your time in letting us know how you feel. We hope that you would consider our hotel in your planning your next trip to Savannah GA.

Thank You for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel is nicely renovated and meets all expectations of Residence Inns I have stayed at in the past. The staff is extremely nice, especially the lady who takes care of the breakfast/dinners. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 rating it because the internet was not compatible with my business laptop connecting to my VPN (virtual private network). I was to stay at this location for 3 weeks however ended up having to move to another hotel down the street. I wish I could have stayed at this hotel the whole time but unfortunately could not due to the internet issues I had. One other thing to note is that they have excellent tv stations, the most I have ever seen at a hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

PAB111111-Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review concerning your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriot Midtown Savannah. We apologize for the inconvenience of our internet services. We take pride in giving our guest 100%. We hope that you would consider us in the near future as we work to give you quality service.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I wanted to get away to someplace different so we decided on Savannah, GA being we were in Orlando. We chose Marriott because of the rate & proximity to the city. The room was nice, a sitting area & desk that was bolted together at the corners, mini fridge & Flat screen TV. Very clean and the breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The staff was friendly and gave great info on where to go to church and where to eat. There were restaurants, gas stations and local neighborhood stores all in walking distance but it was nice to know you had a complimentary full breakfast available each morning. We will return.

Room Tip: If you don't want to eat breakfast downstairs you are welcome to take your yogurt, banana or cup...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela G

Pamela G656- Thank you for your review, we hope that you've enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah. We are glad to know that our staff have met you and your family needs. We hope that you will make our hotel your number one choice in choosing a hotel.

Again we look forward to having you as a loyal guest at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. Minutes to downtown. Good place to stay. Good value for the money. Great breakfast. Only 30 mns to Tybee Island. We would stay there again when we visit in the future.

Room Tip: Nothing to note.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Glenn D- Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott Savannah Midtown. We hope that our staff have met all of your family needs as we strive to be the best hotel. As you plan your next trip to Savannah GA, we hope that we will be your first choice.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah, a home away from home.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times, as we have family in the area. We love this hotel and don't consider staying anywhere else when we are in Savannah. The staff here is fantastic - always greeting you with a smile. Our most recent visit was over Christmas with our 17-month old daughter, and she loved all the attention she got every time we were in the lobby.

The rooms are spacious, clean and well-maintained, and it is great to have a kitchen. Breakfast is good, and the social hour in the evenings is very nice as well. One minor thing that I will note is that it would be nice if they offered rooms with king-sized beds, as the queens feel pretty small to us (we have a king size at home).

One not-so-minor note for anyone traveling with young children is to be aware of the tipping potential for the nightstand in the bedroom. It is relatively tall and not well-balanced, to the point that merely opening all three drawers will cause it to fall over. Our 17-month old opened the drawers and the nightstand tipped, knocking her over and nearly falling on top of her. She was not trying to climb the nightstand or pulling on it excessively, just opening the drawers as anyone normally would, and the only reason that it didn't fall on her was because my husband was standing right there and caught it. It was scary.

Since there are many families with young children who stay here, furniture with the potential to tip should really be secured to the wall. This would be an easy fix and would make the rooms much safer for young children.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Garysgirl03-We thank you for taking the time out to write a review at our hotel. We take pride in providing the best quality service to our guests at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah. Unfortunately, we apologize for our furniture not being stable. We assure you that we have made sure that maintenance has secure all of our furnishings to Marriott standards. We hope that you and your family will return to our hotel soon.

Thank you again for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We booked the room using Marriott points and I even called the hotel to ask if they are pet friendly. They said they allowed dogs and I booked the room. I saw no mention of the $100 pet fee. We are staying 1 night and have to pay $100 to have a small dog with us. There were many other hotels that were up front about the pet charge and NONE charged $100. We would not have even considered staying here if we knew that we had to pay that. I asked to speak to a manager and was told he will still charge you the $100. I was not given a managers name so I doubt I will get to speak to one. I am extremely disappointed in this property. I will say the room is very clean and might be a good place to stay if you do not bring a pet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank holidays002
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I must have mis-read the description when I made my reservation because I thought this hotel was within walking distance of some of Savannah's "sights". I was just stopping overnight on my way from NoVA to Orlando, and was hoping to be able to take in a few things quickly. Other than that it was great - love the suite with full kitchen as always, lots of storage space. Good dog walking areas.
Surprised me that the front door was locked at 6PM.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo