“Pet friendly?”

Residence Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #58 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for a week since they are a pet friendly hotel. The rooms are nice and spacious. This hotel is located in a great spot and you can take a shuttle to go to the attraction nearby. My trip was wonderful only reason this hotel didn't get all 5 stars was 2 reason the first I won't mention but the second reason is that the hotel called me and left a voice mail saying the other guest are complaining that my dog is crying. Three days in a row i had to hear about this. First a post it note was left on my door then the rest was phone calls. The pet fee is 100 dollars and you would think that for that amount of money the pet crying should have been just fine. The hotel knows that every single place that we go in Savannah isn't pet friendly so bringing my 5 lb dog with me EVERYWHERE is impossible. The staff was always pleasant but this was my first and last stay at this hotel. So if you have a dog that might bark for whatever reason I wouldn't recommend this place or you'll have to cut your sight seeing short just to come and quiet your dog and when you leave again you have to worry about getting another phone call from the hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for the nice comments about our hotel. I apologize for how my staff handle the noise complaint. I'm sorry I didn't have the opportunity to speak with you during your stay. I hope this won't prevent you from returning. Many times when we have guest staying with us and their pets get a little anxiety it helps to place them in the bedroom area away from the front door. Please feel free to contact me. Again, I apologize and will share your feedback with my team. Thank you for staying and taking time to add your comments.

Carlos Soto

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Savanna and surroundings. It was good enough. Rooms were clean and staff are super friendly. Breakfast was decent, with hot and cold options. However, noise seeps in through the windows. We were adjacent to the smoking area and could hear a conversation between two people one morning that prevented me from going back to sleep. I could also hear the footfalls of the person (s) in the room above us. If noise does not bother you or you sleep through anything, it would be excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arwa8282
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us. I wanted to apologize about the noise from other guest. We've been very busy so far this summer and sometimes other guest aren't as respectful of others. We appreciate the wonderful ratings on cleanliness and service. We hope to see you again soon. We'll try to get you on the top floor:)

Carlos Soto

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Clean as a whistle with very attractive furnishings. Good breakfast buffet. Quiet room (stayed in 108 after nixing 107 because it faces busy White Bluff Road). Staff were very personable and responsive. Had two minor issues with A/C and microwave that were fixed in minutes. While this Inn is a bit of a drive from the Historical District, it's situated within easy walking distance of Whole Foods and Publix, plus several chain restaurants. This being Savannah, however, I would not recommend walking at night.

Room Tip: Room 107 was on the street. Pretty noisy. 108 was great for quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jedijd
Sandra N, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2014

Jedijd- Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We apologize for the minor situations that you had at our hotel. We hope that we excell to meet you and your family expectations during your stay. When traveling back through our town feel free to reside at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah.

We look forward to seeing you for your next trip.

Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have never had a more horrible experience than the experience at this location. I'll provide the good and bad:
Pro's: Spacious rooms (2 bedroom suite). Fully equipped kitchen. Clean hotel. Convenient to Abercorn Street.
Con's: Street noise. In- suite coffee. Value vs. cost. Parking. The manager's lack of customer service and inability to rectify a problem.
We were assigned to a suite that was on the main street. There was traffic, noisy traffic, ALL night. The next morning, I complained to the front desk. There were no other rooms available. So, I was offered $25 off the rate of the room. I couldn't believe how much noise there was ALL night. When I opened the drapes, I could see that the bedroom window wouldn't close completely. The frame was broken. I advised the manager. He told me that he would personally make sure that the window was closed completely. Once I returned from sightseeing, HOURS later, the window was not closed. So now, this is the second night that I wouldn't get any sleep.
I didn't get any sleep the first night. After a long day of sightseeing, shopping and touring, I just needed to get rest before my drive back to Atlanta. Well, that wasn't going to happen.
I paid $236 per night for a room that wasn't comfortable. I didn't rest. I didnt book a room downtown or within the historic district, because I KNEW I didn't want to deal with the noisy distractions at night. I thought I made a great decision by booking at this hotel. I WAS WRONG.
I would have came out better pitching a tent in front of this hotel instead of paying over $200 per night. If I would have pitched a tent, at least I would have been mentally prepared to deal with the elements of the outdoors. But I decided to pay for a room. I did so under the assumption that I'd be comfortable in the room that I paid for.
I was wrong to assume that. I'll stick with Hilton from now on. I never book Marriott unless I'm staying at the Vacation Club locations. I'll go back to what I know. Hilton is more accommodating and I always get a good night's rest when I stay at any of their properties.

Room Tip: Wanna sleep at night? Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank RW1971
Carlos S, General Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time for the review on Trip advisor. I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. We actually gave you a $50 credit during your stay. Also, I did personally make sure your window was adjusted I your bedroom and we took a photo to share with our team to make sure they pay attention in all rooms. In addition I was willing to find you a different hotel and you stated no you wanted to stay. At check-out you also said you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know what we could have done better. I look forward to hearing from you. I sincerely apologize again that you didn't enjoy your stay.

Carlos

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed one night in historic district but the next 3 at this hotel. What a difference in rooms. The rooms were so spacious and with a kitchenette and a separate bedroom area, it was more than comfortable. The morning breakfast had hot and cold items and was well stocked and tasted great. Not close enough to downtown to walk, but I did see a savannah tour bus picking up passengers from the hotel. We drove into savannah one early afternoon and stayed until 7p.m and it was only $6 to park. It was worth saving $95 per night to stay a little farther out of town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Laura p- Thank you for sharing your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah. We are please and grateful to hear that you had a great stay with us. We strive on excelling to make our guests happy.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again at the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Nice, big, comfortable quiet rooms. Decent midtown location. Go out the back driveway you are on Abercorn in the middle of tons of shops and dining. Downtown less than 10 minutes away.

But the front desk not helpful. I work for the US govt, a non profit tax exempt organization, and they refused to accept my tax free letter. ALL OTHER MARRIOTT HOTELS I VISIT in GA, SC, NC all accept it without any problem. It is the law. But this hotel obviously has outdated info. WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Charles P
Sandra N, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Savannah Midtown. We apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. When it comes to a guest being tax exempt, we strive to make sure we are doing everything correctly. Tax exempts status is determined by the method of payment and tax exempt forms depending on the branch of governement you are employed with. we sincerely hope when your in Savannah again you will return to us.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We are Marriott reward members and love to stay at Residence Inns when we can. This particular Residence Inn was a bit disappointing because our one bedroom unit had only a queen size bed (which actually looked smaller than a queen size). The front desk staff said that none of the rooms had king size beds. Unlike other Residence Inns, the room seemed rather small. However, the front desk staff was very friendly and eager to please.

I was sorry I had not booked the Residence Inn in downtown Savannah. This location, while less expensive, was not near anything of interest.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hiker017

Hiker017- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We hope that we have provided excellent services to you and your family. We hope that you will consider our hotel for your travel needs.

Thank you for chosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Midtown Savannah.

Front Office Manager