“Fairfield Inn Great Place to Stay Off I-95 Going North or South”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #64 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The reception area is very nice and the staff is excellent. The room was clean, had no "motel odor," and a very nice breakfast. The staff in the breakfast room was super friendly and helpful. All in all highly recommended and I highly dislike motels.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

I want to thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience with us. I also want to thank you for the great comments you made about our hotel. We look forward to any future stays you may have with us in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed on upper floor, new carpets, clean nicely appointed rooms and right behind restaurant. Stairways were newly carpeted as well. Thought we were in a new hotel and am wondering if previous reviewers were in the same hotel. Would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tripvisor1234
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and your experience during your stay. Your comments are very important to us and I thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to any stays you may have with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The hotel staff was courteous, beds were comfortable and clean maybe carpet needs to be replaced but thats about it and Thelma the super nice lady @the breakfast buffet is the sweetest God bless her soul!!! Food was fresh and yummy and coffee was hot and excellent!!! I just loved the time we spent there!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your hotel experience with trip advisor. We appriciate your comments and look forward to any satys you may have in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This Fairfield Inn needs a little updating but it was clean and comfortable and the proximity to I-95 made it perfect for a one-night stay. The front desk staff greeted us and thanked us for choosing their hotel. The room could use some updating: fresh paint, new carpets, bathroom tiles. However, the bed was comfortable, linens were fresh and new, and even though the hotel was in a very busy area, it was nice and quiet at night. There are many restaurants within walking distance: Applebees, Houlihans, Ruby Tuesday, Cracker Barrel. Breakfast was the highlight of our stay. Thelma, the breakfast hostess/attendant, greeted us sincerely and warmly, and made sure the coffee was fresh and checked on everyone to be sure they had what they wanted. She is a gem. I'd return just to see her smiling face again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us I appriciate your comments
regarding the staff as well. I look forward to any stays you may have in the future with us.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We, like (I assume) most people staying here, were on a stopover on our way to FL. WOW do I wish I had toughed it out and driven all the way to FL in one shot.

THE GOOD:
* Great location, not for a vacation obviously, but for anyone who is on a stopover on I-95. It's about 90 seconds from 95, and with many restaurants, gas stations, other motels around.
* Beds were clean and comfortable.
* Pretty decent (and free) breakfast, with real eggs and the friendliest server; she singlehandedly brought my review up from two stars.

THE MEH:
+ Cramped room, not dirty but not very pleasant.

THE HORRID:
- Skeevy cringe-inducing carpet. Just damp and slippery feeling throughout. We would not go in bare feet.
- With the exception of the darling breakfast server, the staff here could not have been more uncaring. Nobody was rude, but they were all very apathetic and seemed as though they could barely be bothered to direct me to the restroom. (ME, checking in: "... and we requested a rollaway". STAFF: "Well we might have one we might not. We have no request for that." ME: "Well luckily I have this printout showing I requested this." STAFF: "That's Mariott Reservations, not us, we don't have to honor that." Now, there WAS a rollaway, which I am grateful for, but why the attitude?)
- Loud, loud, loud LOUD! I never pay attention to reviews about noise, because I generally sleep through anything, but I was up from about midnight to 2 listening to kids running amok in the halls, partying people outside, screaming babies, and blaring TVs. What a headache we all had the next day. This factor over any other will keep us from ever staying here again.

BOTTOM LINE:
OK for an I-95 stopover, but has some serious flaws so I would skip if you can.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay.
I would like to apologize to you for the issue regarding your stay.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Clean hotel, nice staff, easy on and off of 95, and plenty of places close by to eat. A nice choice for a quick overnight stop when traveling. Good value. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we drive to Florida.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
jennie l, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete the review for your stay. I appriciate the great comments made on the Hotel. We look forward to you and your family staying again.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Here on business for 1 night...room was very dated and not very clean...dust build up along baseboards and corners. Good bit of touch up painting needs to be done. Breakfast host was over the top with customer service. She was fantastic which made things good...staff makes up for the disappointing appearance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chuck b
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. I want to apologize for the issues that were experienced during your stay. I have taken the correct action to get this matter resolved.