“Great place to recharge on your way up and down I95”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #62 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here many times on our way to Florida. Beds are comfy, rooms are clean, and the showers hot. The staff is extremely helpful, especially Thelma in the breakfast room. She goes above and beyond to make sure the guests are taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2014
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Marybeth M ,

Thank you so much for your generous review ! We appreciate your repeat visit to our property.Our friendly team look forward to serving you again in near future !

J.Linares

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great location but needs updating. The location and price were a big draw but the rooms and furnishings were old old old. It looks like they were updating the lobby and breakfast area and I sure hope the rooms are next. Breakfast was very crowded and there were dozens of girl scouts staying the night we were there. The breakfast attendant was super friendly and handled the crowds very well. The front desk staff was okay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank britta2mozart

Dear Britta2mozart ,

Thanks for taking time to complete the review.We're sorry that your stay was not upto your satisfaction but as you saw we are undergoing renovation.We hope that you'll give us another chance in near future to serve you better.

J. Linares

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

On our way to WDW with my family we stopped at this hotel. Since it is a Marriott of course it should be good. Not this one. The lobby was very nice and the girl at the desk was very nice and helpful but when we got to the room it was a different story. There was garbage on the flor. Literally garbage and hair in the bathroom. It smelled like mold. Gross.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear My3sweetpeas ,

Thank you for your response. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. We assure you that we took appropriate steps to correct the problem you mentioned. Hope you;ll give us another chance to serve you better.

J Linares

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Clean rooms, good food, fair rates and friendly customer service is at the top on my list when booking a hotel room.
I was greeted over the phone by Theresa and she was very helpful in making sure that all my requirements were met.
When I arrived Jana welcomed me with a warm smile and informed me of all the benefits at their location.
In the morning I was provided a great complimentary breakfast by Thelma. It was delicious.
To Tim, Jana, THERESA, Jennie and Thelma keep up the good work. You made me feel at home. I travel with my job and this hotel/2nd home will be my stop when coming into the Savannah area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your hotel stay with us on Trip Advisor. You are a valued guest and we look forward to any future stays you may have back at our hotel.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Not sure why people post not Marriott quality it is. It is clean business like small and you are nickled and dimed. But this is nothing more than a stay over spot on your way to your I-95 destination. This is exit 94 the best of the best. I got exactly what i expected as this is the 2nd trip i' ve stayed here. I think the price is steep but Marriott guarantees me any issues will be taken care of. I thought the clerk on duty was kind of ignorant but that happens.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TopGeekNJ
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to any future stay you may have in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at this property over Memorial Weekend and upon check in we noticed that we didn't have a refrigerator in the room which we had to request at booking but were unaware of since the hotel is outdated and they are renovating it. However, the manager made a note that we would like one and the next morning they brought one to our room but didn't turn it on which we didn't realize but it was very nice of them to bring it.

The best part was Thelma, the Greeter, at breakfast. She made everyone feel welcome and at home! She is a beautiful soul and we would return again just to see her:)

Room Tip: we stayed on first floor by pool and a little noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We love marriott hotels but this one was poor. The room had an smell of mold though we found none in the room. The beds were springs no cushion at all with sheets that barely fit the beds. AC unit was loud and either too hot or too cold. The check-in area was missing floor tiles and the waiting area was just a few uncomfortable chairs. The ONLY saving grace to this hotel is the fabulous woman working breakfast which is good. She was a ray of sunshine and breakfast was a good amount of options or I would have given this hotel the lowest rating. Odd area it is located in as well with lots of gas stations surrounding it. We canceled our second night of stay there. Hopefully they are just in the middle of a big remodel.

Stayed: May 2014
jennie l, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Lizvt1,

Thanks for taking time to complete the survey.I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel.Hopefully we would be able to serve you better next time,if you give us another chance.