“Going the extra mile for "customer satification"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #68 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
“Going the extra mile for "customer satification"”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I want to thank Tracy Boles in the Savannah Airport Fairfield inn for helping us with a reservation issue. After she understood the complete reservation mix up (mostly on my side) she went the extra mile and instead of telling me to call the head office to see what they could do she, called on by behalf explained the issue and they corrected the error. That is what I have grown to expect from the Marriott staff going the "extra mile" for the customer. I would recommend and go back to this location the next trip to Savannah. Thanks again for the support.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
TracyB2010, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Zola L,

We love when our customers have such a great experience that they feel the need out it. I'm also glad that I was able to assist you in correcting your reservation.Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay! And, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thanks,
Tracy Boles - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed there one night after a midnight flight arrival. The Inn is convenient to airport and had a welcoming atmosphere. Parking lot was a bit tight. The room was ample for two and the bed comfortable. The Inn was quiet. We enjoyed the breakfast and newspapers and the whirlpool. The front desk personnel were very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve2011
North Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed 1 March 2014

First, let me say this property is clean, and the staff is very nice, but for some reason I just did not feel comfortable here. The best way I can describe it is that it felt dingy. Not dirty dingy, but dark dingy. Demetrious, (I probably misspelled her name), was wonderful at check in, and James was just as nice when I checked out, but something wasn't right. There is something going on behind the front desk that I haven't seen at any other Fairfield Inn. There is a safe and office equipment behind the Front Desk, but it doesn't look like there is much thought to how/where it is placed. Seems like there isn't an office in the Hotel. This threw me a bit, but not as much as the very dark lobby/breakfast area opposite the Front Desk, and the dark and tight hallways. The room looked like the pictures on the hotel's website, but I felt like I was at a Microtel Inn I had stayed at in Delaware many years ago, instead of a Fairfield Inn. The paint and carpet colors seemed off, the lighting in the room seemed to be a bit harsh, and most of the furniture was different then what usually found at a Fairfield Inn. There was a fridge, but no microwave. The bed wasn't uncomfortable, but I didn't sleep well. The towels were clean, and soft enough. I have no idea why I could not relax here, except that there was a lot that deviated from the other Fairfield Inns I have stayed at in the past. I left before breakfast started, so I can't include the free breakfast in this review. I won't be back, but if the price is right, you could give it a try. It is a clean property with a very nice staff, but sadly, it just isn't for me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank CTbowlingmom
Dear CTbowlingmom,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your recent review regarding the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important and we will be using the feedback you gave us to make improvements.

Alma, Georgia
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Rooms are nice, and Demetris at front desk was very courteous and friendly. Great job Demetris... Close to everything u need. Beds are very comfortable..................................
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It's old - and not greatly taken care of. That said, it's clean and the staff is nice.

Age plays a part - for isntance, at breakfast, all the food is jammed into a corner where people congregate. There's no flow to move in - and thus you can't get food.

The oatmeal - was at the bottom - and they didn't replace - so it wasn't good.

The gym has ok equipment with monitors on it - but the TV doesn't work. They have a TV on the wall - but it's behind the equipment - so it's useless.

Oh, and the telephone in the room had no dial tone.

They could be more. I won't stay here again.

The also worn out Springhill across the street is a better experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelManSouth
TracyB2010, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear TravelManSouth,

I want to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the condition that you found it in and the fact that the amenities you were looking for weren't available. I am, however, glad to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and our hotel to be clean. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about the issues that you faced so that we can improve them for future guest stays. Again, I am so sorry that your stay at our hotel was not enjoyable, but I do hope that the rest of your time in Savannah was much better.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nice place to stay travelling south on route 95. Excellent breakfast and very friendly and efficient staff. Easy access off Rt. 95. Look for coupon book at rest areas to get a discounted rate and discount cards for area restaurants.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TracyB2010, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear WLR2014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport! We believe we have a great team in place with the goal of making sure each guest encounter a positive experience and a comfortable stay. Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay! And, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Tracy Boles-General Manager
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here just 1 night on our way to another destination. The hotel was pretty new, nice and clean. The room was fine, very clean and not too noisy. The free breakfast was excellent - eggs, meat, cereal, waffle machine, etc. The only thing that bothered me was that the heater in the room made so much racket that I couldn't sleep with it on. We turned it on for a while, then turned it off at bedtime. Luckily, the room stayed comfortable without the heater running, so we were ok. This might not even be an issue for most folks, it's just that I need quiet in order to fall asleep. That's why I carry earplugs on all our trips. However, if it had been summer time and this was the A/C, I'd have a big issue here. The other thing was that the bathroom didn't have an exhaust vent, but I've seen that a lot lately, so no biggie for me.

Room Tip: We were in 106, which faces the highway. It wasn't too loud, but if you're like me you migh...