“I'm impressed”

Ranked #58 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Houston, Texas, United States
“I'm impressed”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The staff was gracious and very helpful. The receptionist Lynn was just awesome. The manager gave me a great discount and was professional and cheerful.

I even had my company signed a contract to chose this facility as our preferred accommodation while my colleagues and myself are in town.

High marks guys.

Cheers

Room Tip: Room in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Fai Y
Alexa H, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Fai,

Thank you so much for your kind response. Our staff definitely enjoyed having you as our guest. We will be sure to commend Lynn for her great service. Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Alexa Hankinson
alexa.hankinson@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I checked in ion Aug 12, 2013. We were booked for a third floor room but upon arrival we were told that the third floor rooms were being renovated (never heard a sound from construction).The receptionists Amanda and Toya were just AWESOME, very informative and help in everyway > such lovely ladies) We were given a 2nd floor room and we were told that if there was anything that we needed to please let them know. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean) We were out of our room on the 13th by 6:30am and returned by 11:00 and our room was immaculately cleaned, bed made and fresh towels, so clean that you could smell the freshness (this was everyday of our stay). My wife stated that she was impressed that the room key was needed to get to the 2nd and 3rd floor which is a safety feature, so if you have children or older parents (especially with alzheimers, kinda dumb huh!) please make sure that you accompany them with a key. We did get this room on groupon and received an awesome rate, but even if we paid full rate, we will stay again. The ladies that serviced breakfast and the manager's reception were wonderful, they were very efficient and kept everything plentiful. As for the hot broccoli and cheese soup it was delicious and comforting for a hot August afternoon...sometimes you just need a hot meal! As for privacy and quietness it was great, I have stayed at 5*hotels that had people and kids making noise ALL night long, but we had no problems at the Fairfeild. Everyone was great! I want to say, "Thank - you to everyone for a WONDERFUL time. - Mr. Bracken

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurie L, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Mr. Bracken,

Thank you so much for your comments and for such a gret review!! It is always a joy to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay with us.

The General Manager and Staff of our Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown take great pride in making sure that our guest's needs are met and that everyone enjoys their stay with us.

You mentioned that the hotel is under going renovations. I am glad to hear that you weren't inconvenienced in any way with all of the changes and construction. We anticipate the renovations to be completed by Mid-November 2013.

We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Pros: Friendly staff. Checked in and Adrin was able to switch my single to a double. Overlooked the pool. Nice comfy beds. Clean room with a air cleaner. Breakfast buffet was great. The housekeeper that oversaw it, eager to help. Construction going on, but never saw or heard a thing.
Cons: Breakfast room does not have enough chairs and tables. So, get there early. If you want a seat.
Never used the pool or the fitness room or the laundry room.

Room Tip: The further you are away from the elevator the less traffic goes past your room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ablegator,

Thank you so much for your comments. It's always great to get from our guest about their stay with us.

Our General Manager and Staff takes great pride in our hotel and ensuring that every guest has a pleasant and enjoyable stay with us.

You mentioned the renovations, and we are pleased to hear that you weren't inconvenienced in any way by the construction. The renovations are scheduled to be completed by Mid-November 2013.

We are looking forward to having you and your guest with us again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at this Fairfield Inn for four nights with my girlfriend for our vacation. I was very disappointed with the service and the room. Where do I start. First off; we found out when we got there that many of the rooms do not come equipped with refrigerator or microwave ovens as advertised. I work for Marriott and I know their standards. One thing that struck me a bit odd was the receptionist as we were checking in. She was a very pleasant young lady; but I noticed a lot of visible body tattoos on here. I know for a FACT that this is a NO NO as an employee of the Marriott brand. They usually have the men and women cover those up with either wearing long enough clothing or with a band aid or something. A few days during our stay; we had to actually go and ask for clean bathing clothes and towels; which should be supplied when the room attendants come around to do their routine cleaning of the rooms. On one particular day I notice they didn't even bother to fix the bed; and on one of the few days when they did; they didn't even bother to change the sheets. The reason I knew they didn't change the sheets is because; I made a mistake and spilled a little soy sauce on the sheets when I was eating sushi one evening. This is not the Marriott standards that I am accustom to. As I've stated; I work for Marriott and I've also stayed at other Marriott properties during vacations and business and I've never received such sub par service.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here; from what I'm being told is you should request an Executive Suite...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Laurie L, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear Octavius C,

Thank you for your comments. I would frst like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at the Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown.

The hotel was purchased by our company on May 10, 2013 and as you may have noticed we are in the first stages of a renovation to the propety. However, guest satisfaction should not suffer during the period and again I apologize that we fell short of your expectations.

The housekeeping items that you mentioned are being investigated and more thorough training is being held this coming week with our housekeeping staff.

We certainly hope that you give us another try the next time you are in the Savannah area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights while we vacationed. I was absolutely upset with the experience. 1st it's as that the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. That's a lie. Only the 3rd floor does. Once we ha to go actually go and ask for towels and it was 12 in the afternoon. Another time they came in to change out the towels and left the bed unmade. What was the point in coming in the room. The only thing that was good was the breakfast. I'm thankful that we found a deal on groupon because if we would have paid he original price we i think we would have left and went next door to the residence inn. We will not be staying here ever again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear BlendedBeautifully,

Thank you for your comments. Please allow me to apologize for the housekeeping issues that your experienced while a guest at the Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown. I assure you these problems are not tolerated and are being correctly with more thorough staff training in housekeeping this coming week.

As you may have notice we are in the process of renovating the hotel and when completed all rooms will have micorwaves and refirgerators.

If you are ever in the Savannah area again we would greatly appreciate you giving us another try.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Want to start with the staff.....Great! The room and building need help. I realize they are being renovated, but some items need to be addressed. Entire room can be viewed through window, drape cannot be moved for privacy (we used tacks to adhere to wall for privacy to change and sleep!) Showered at 8:30 am with NO hot water...nope, not even lukewarm. These two items along with what we paid are enough not to reconsider staying again. Breakfast nice but standard. Did not try Managers reception, nice touch but hot cheese and broccoli soup in August....in Savannah? No thanks. Hopefully, this facility will improve to the same standard and professionalism and as their staff. Would only stay again if reviews reflect improvement.

Virginia
Atlanta, GA

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor for privacy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear 60898Turkeytravel ,

Thank you for your comments.

Our company purchased the property May 10, 2013 and immediately started the renovations that you mentioned. We hope to have everything completed by November 1, 2013.

With the renovations we are also making changes in other areas as well, including breakfast and manager's reception.

We look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Millersport
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Nice room with clean comfortable bedding, bath etc. Great 5 o'clock reception and breakfast. The only disappointment was they didn't have fridge/micros on 2nd floor and I assumed they would as we stayed there on our way to FL last year. We had lots of food packed to take for the week and I had to go buy an ice another cooler and ice . They were also renovating which didn't bother us but the elevator was having an issue at check in and my 80 yr. old father in law with distressed mobility and breathing had to climb the stairs. It was still an excellent price for the accomodations and food. Also the elevator is before you enter the lobby so you must have a keycard and this was bad for my mother-in-law who has beginnings of Alzheimers and didn't take the key and couldn't get back to the room. Luckily we came down to breakfast and saw her standing outside looking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear CurlytopMillersport,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us,

As you mentioned, we are in the process of renovating the hotel in order to better serve all of our guest.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.