“Not your typical Fairfield, Marriott should not even claim this hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #61 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The only reason I am giving this a 2 is because of location. The rooms are very small. The computer in the "business center" needs a new keyboard. There are only 3 outlets per room, the bathroom is too small to accommodate make up and a curling iron. The worse part is that the elevator doesn't enter or exit from the lobby but from a entry hall. The front door stays a jar, the room doors are flush...I could go on and on, but my advice is do not consider this a Marriott property, it is more like a 1 than a 3.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank jhcakes
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was with my family on a business trip to Savannah. I would like to compliment the friendly staff for making me feel welcome and helping me enjoy my stay here. General Manager Rosalie King and her staff did an outstanding job on accommodating our stay. I was very impressed with Casey, the breakfast hostess, who saw that all the food offering were kept filled and displayed neatly. Also, Lynn, the receptionist, was helpful in giving directions and giving suggestions for activities. I would also like to mention Lashawna, the housekeeper, who asked if there was anything needed for my room as we shared the elevator. I really look forward on staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JimHGregory
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I coordinated a group for a conference we had in savannah during a busy weekend the hotel was almost sold out but thanks to the gm and I forgot the desk person's name , a young man, they maneuvered rooms and got my whole group in, whew, " thank you so much" I believe she just took over the hotel a month or so but I am glad she was there. She handled the situation like a pro and the hotel was perfect it was close to everything we needed and on down time we could go shopping at the mall. I love savannah thank you Fairfield we will be back

Room Tip: Ask for the room on Top floor on side street lee blvd.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank charlita s
FairfieldMidtown, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advistor. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown was enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Amanda at the front desk was great...funny, sweet, etc. Hotel what I expected. Nothing fancy. Really appreciated the extra-early breakfast for those of us who were in town for the marathon. I wouldn't suggest the "shuttle" service though. Not the hotel's fault, but the $25 round trip ride was 40 mins late and stalled twice! Got to the start with 15-20 mins to spare. Anyway, I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Mejwu

Also we have just completed renovations at our property with great new amenities. Once again thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback on your stay.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Thanks to Lynn at the front desk for making this stay worthwhile.
My wife and I checked in around midnight on the 11th of October. We were placed into a very cramped king room with no refrigerator or microwave and a small bathroom with no counter space for my wife's cosmetics. I asked the clerk that evening about changing rooms the next morning and he said that the hotel was booked for the weekend and that that room was the best we could get. I had originally planned on arriving a day later. The next morning I asked Lynn at the front desk if I could change rooms. I wanted to be put into the room originally scheduled with at least a refrigerator to keep leftovers cold. I did not care if the room still needed cleaning after we moved in. She immediately got with the maid service and helped us change to a better room within an hour. It made the stay a lot more pleasant.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a refrigerator and microwave for extended stays. The street side kings barely...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jack P
Alexa H, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Jack P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review based on your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate the feedback. We do apologize about the inconvenience with your room but we are delighted that Lynn took charge and owned the situation! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place was great for our family while we stayed in Savannah! The rooms and facility were clean, the breakfasts were hot and fresh, and the staff was uber friendly and super helpful!! I loved the location especially because it was right in the middle of everything that we wanted to see and do! We could go any direction quickly and just as easily find our way back!! I am a definite fan of this particular hotel!

Room Tip: Third floor was pretty quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrjahoney
Alexa H, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear mrjahoney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had such kind things to say about our great staff! We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to beautiful Savannah!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our family of 5 was in Savannah to move our daughter into her dorm room. Money was tight and we needed two rooms. Fairfield Inn was the perfect solution. Free breakfast was outstanding, and so is Beverly. Free manager's reception in the evening was much more than a snack. Both were delicious. One room rated an additional star than the other but both were clean and comfortable. The pool was clean and refreshing. Overall there was renovation taking place - a sign that on our next visit we will see improvements.
The service was excellent and all requests were met with a smile. The staff seems genuinely happy to be there.
The inn was conveniently located between dorm, downtown restaurants, and stores, all within a 30 minute radius.
We will return to Savannah many times in the coming years and this will be our base camp.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank circledtheearth
Alexa H, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear circledtheearth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review based on your recent experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and that our convenience was a plus! We look forward to seeing you and your family here throughout the years to come!