“Comfortable stay -Well worth the Price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #54 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Comfortable stay -Well worth the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Not a typical Fairfield Inn. But, was very clean and comfortable. New carpet was going into the rooms during our stay. Our room already had it. Rooms and facility seem to be very well maintained. Staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were a bit on the small size, but for a few nights more than adequate. Would stay again as it is conveniently located to all tourist area without being right in them and having to pay the higher prices.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jas114
FairfieldMidtown, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advistor. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn Savannah Midtown was enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Middleburg, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Let me first say that I am Marriott roadie. I love my Marriott's! However, this one is just kind of there in a place where I am not sure why there are even hotels there. To me this is not a Marriott. It looks like it was a motor lodge of some kind once. However, the place was quiet and close to a lot of restaurants and the mall. It was about 15 minutes from the heart of Savannah. We were lucky and had the top floor and inside door. The rooms are SMALL. The bathroom is barely big enough for one person. The lobby area is nice. The continental breakfast was nice. The people at the hotel are very nice and took care of me when it was apparent that my reservation was not quite right! Would I stay here again is always a question I ask myself when I leave a property. Yes, I probably would. It was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor, these have inside hallways. All others are outside entrances.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia B

We have compelete renovation since your last stay. We welcome you back to see the new changes.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

When one waits until the last minute to book travel, options can be scarce. At the last minute we drove to Savannah for the New Year. After using a 3rd party service, we were placed at the Fairfield Inn. After reading reviews, I was concerned. Upon arrival, I was pleased with the warm welcome. Not only was the front desk staff nice and friendly, but the maintenance workers and room technicians were equally as nice. As others have stated, this made up for rooms. They are of Red Roof Inn quality. The location was not far from the riverfront and was near a grocery store and a few other restaurants. The breakfast was quite sufficient. Eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, fruit, muffins, oatmeal, yogurt, juice and coffee were available. This was included in our price and a positive.

Despite everyone's friendliness and the breakfast, I would not return to the hotel. The room quality was simply below what I expected.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TheLesanes
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We booked this hotel last minute and thankfully so as they were sold out once we arrived. However the front desk handled a long line with great efficiency, and we were in right away. We had some issues in our room and despite the skeleton crew the problems were corrected in less than 10 minutes. The ladies handling the complimentary breakfast were right on top of things, and the gentlemen working around the building during the day were cordial and helpful.

But now for the cons... this is not your average Fairfield; although it appears to be in with a group of other new construction hotels it seems this is a converted old motor lodge with extremely small rooms that have intensely bright lighting and value mattresses. Our room required that a loud de-humidifier run, and I was told that's normal for the first floor rooms. There is a small pool situated between the parking lot and the front doors of some of the guest rooms. I hate to say it, but the only thing that would bring me back to this hotel is it's fantastic staff.

2 Thank Jennifer M
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I recently booked a room at this location since we were visiting Savannah and have often stayed in Fairfield Inn's. Well this one was the worst one I have been. Coming to this location from the airport we passed some areas that did not look too appealing and when we arrived at the motel it looked like it was a old motel converted to a Fairfield. I did not feel it met Marriott's standards.

The only nice thing was the clerk who checked me in could not have been more hospitable. She welcomed me and was very pleasant. The breakfast the next morning was not bad with eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, yogurt, etc. If your looking just for economy this place might fit the bill, but for a few dollars more there are much nicer facilities.

3 Thank Doughboy_40
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was not impressed with my stat at this hotel at all! I waited 30 minutes to check in, along with multiple other people, because they were not able to tell us which rooms were clean. I was then not offered any type of compensation for the wait and then when I got to the room the door was difficult to work with and I could barely access my room. Once inside the room, it felt dirty and dingy - not what you would expect from a Fairfield Inn. I will never be staying at this location again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mpk9r6
Florissant, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The only reason I am giving this a 2 is because of location. The rooms are very small. The computer in the "business center" needs a new keyboard. There are only 3 outlets per room, the bathroom is too small to accommodate make up and a curling iron. The worse part is that the elevator doesn't enter or exit from the lobby but from a entry hall. The front door stays a jar, the room doors are flush...I could go on and on, but my advice is do not consider this a Marriott property, it is more like a 1 than a 3.

3 Thank jhcakes