“A DEFINITE, DEFINITE must-do tour!”
Review of Bonaventure Don

Bonaventure Don
Ranked #1 of 158 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My name is Don Teuton, and mine is the best tour of historic Bonaventure Cemetery. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents are buried in these hallowed grounds and I will be as well. I’m on the Board of Directors of the Bonaventure Historical Society and an active volunteer for the same. For me, and mine, Bonaventure is a family tradition. If you’re looking for ghost stories or secret societies or other fanciful things, this is not the tour for you. There are other Bonaventure Cemetery Tours you can take if you want fiction. I believe that what actually occurred on these grounds, and in this city, is fascinating enough without the need to make things up. My tour is the only historically accurate walking tour of Bonaventure cemetery. Please join me, if you can. We'll have fun, I promise.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our tour with Don on Sunday afternoon was outstanding! Don's knowledge and familiarity with the cemetery couldn't be more solid! He explained SO much, and in a truly interesting manner.
On a totally different tour we took while in the city, I mentioned to the tour guide that we had done the cemetery tour earlier in our stay. She inquired as to who conducted it. I told her Bonaventure Don, and her comment was, "You got the best!"
This was a really interesting cemetery tour, first one I'd ever done. Don definitely set the bar high for any future ones!

Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Patricia, thanks so much. This review is so nice I'm going to add it to the testimonial part of my BonDon website. Y'all please come back again. Don

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"board of directors"
"his passion"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend his tour"
in 6 reviews
"southern gentleman"
"booked this tour"
"grave sites"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

All three generations of our family were entertained and educated in fine fashion. Don has great stories to tell about Savannah, the cemetery, history, and any other thing you'd like to know! We got so much more out of the cemetery than if we had tried to do it on our own. Thanks Don! :)

Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you, Vanessa! Please come back again when you're in the area.

Don

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first visit to Bonaventure Cemetery and I cannot image walking through it without having had this tour. Don is truly an amazing historian and really does make history come alive as he touches on the history of Bonaventure, it's residents and Savannah. We learned a great deal as well about the what certain images on the gravestones and monuments mean (obelisk, broken column or tree, etc). There is just so much we learned I am still thinking about many of the personalities and personal situations of those buried there and of course the historical times they lived and died in. Don came prepared to offer umbrellas (hot humid = pop up thunder storm potential) and ice cold bottles of water which we appreciated very much. We (parents and adult children) highly recommend this tour. This was our 5th visit to Savannah. Don't forget to put bug spray on before the tour!

Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Yanji! Thank you. You and your family were a pleasure. I'll never forget Mason running down the road to retrieve my umbrella. Y'all please come again. Don

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our tour with Don! I only wish we had gone on his tour before spending time in Savannah,I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to see. Thank you Don, for a great tour.

Don T, Owner at Bonaventure Don, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, Lorrie! We barely made it to the gate in time! Y'all please come back. Don