Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Residence Inn Fort Smith(Fort Smith)
Rodeway Inn(Fort Smith)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree laundryfront deskreward nightan extended stay hotelchildren runningthe ice makertoaster ovendunkin donuts next doorregular sizespecial arearestaurants and grocery storesa couple timeslike coming hometexas roadhousethese folkssmall kitchengreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My first experience here, and definitely my last...

I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel staff member EVER.. and I stay in hotels more than 200 nights a year. My reservation was made by my assistant, and confirmed my room was on a lower floor and NON SMOKING. Well obviously calling to confirm or even making a reservation in this hotel means NOTHING.. The Front Office "manager" if you could even call him that (Will I believe is what he name tag said) said that due to unforeseen stayovers the room I had reserved was not available and the only room that was available was on the top floor of the hotel, and smoking.. Major problem as I am traveling alone, have tons of luggage, AND I have a major smoke allergy.

I think the worst issue of all is that he wanted to argue and basically call me a liar for everything I was trying to explain to him.. He did however tell me he could cancel my reservation, and I could find another hotel suitable for my needs, but because it was 6:35pm he would have to charge me a cancellation fee because they were full and were unable to sell that room being so late?! If my needs would have been met, I wouldn't be in the lobby arguing with a low class manager, I would be across the street in the nice Hilton I am accustomed too.

The hotel owners/management really need to address these issues. He is by far the worst employee I have EVER dealt with, however, him being a manager himself speaks volumes for the company/owners.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank brandipw_apn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear brandipw_apn,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, AR. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 July 2013

On our return from vacation we were delayed in Atlanta and got back to Ft. Smith after midnight. We booked a room at the Candlewood while waiting for our flight. It was very clean and the employee on duty was very nice and helpful. We left fairly early the next day and was well rested and thankful that we decided to stay at the Candlewood. We reccomend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoyalOkie
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I recently had to stay here twice in one week due to family health issues and a funeral. First of all, I think the rooms were very nice and clean. My only complaint is that the second time we stayed here, we had to stay on the smoking floor because that was all that was available. The room itself was clean, and after staying there a few days it wasn't bad, but the hallway itself did retain the smoke smell more than I would have preferred and more than in other hotels. However, I did not have any issues with the walls being too thin, which I know others have complained about. I never heard anything from other rooms, and I know that it was crowded while I stayed there.

The people who worked there were very kind and accommodating, particularly since we weren't sure how long we were staying until the last minute, then had to turn around and come right back. I was an emotional wreck, and every person I met there was very helpful and friendly.

The only other reason I give this 4 instead of 5 is the price. The price isn't bad, per se, but it isn't particularly cheap either for the location and what you get.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel if you need to be in this particular part of Fort Smith (which I did), maybe not if you need to be downtown.

Room Tip: Try to avoid smoking rooms if possible. Unless you smoke, obviously :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed in Candlewood Suites Ft. Smith for a business trip this month. When I checked in I asked for a top floor room, or a quiet room because I was working nights. They could not accomodate because they said they were full, and many of the guests had been there since December. I was put next to a room that had children who bounced off the walls, rearranged furniture, and screamed for hours on end. When they left, houskeeping bounced the furniture off the walls putting it back.

When I made a comment about it to the Manager (said so on his black shirt) and his assistant after they knocked on my door at 9:30 am to make sure I was checking out and I told them I was dissatisfied and would not stay in their hotel again, I was calmly told "that's fine" there are many other hotels in the area.

I couldn't believe my ears! After that I told them I was Platinum member, and then I got a change of tune for the manager and told sorry about the issues, but that "there are also other platinum members staying here too"

Are you kidding? I will NEVER EVER stay at this property again. It is obvious they think the money will roll in forever,and they don't care about their guests!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank PersonOFone
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear PersonOFone,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Fort Smith.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I spent more money on this room than I normally do, so I could have a great night's sleep in comfort. Well, that did not happen. First, the walls are so thin that you can hear the guests in the room above you when they take a shower or bath. This grew quite annoying when I was woken up at 1:00 a.m. with someone in the room above me taking a shower. The first time that night I was woken up was at midnight when a group of drunk men who could not speak English came into the lobby yelling and talking very loud. I waited for the person at the front desk to get the situation under control. After about 15 minutes when the men were still yelling, I had to go outside my room myself to ask them to be quiet. One of the drunk men held up his hands as if boxing, and asked me if I wanted to fight! I replied that I just wanted to sleep. They finally went to their room. I could not believe security was not called after I was threatened! I know this is not a situation where the hotel had control over the drunk men, but the situation could have been handled quicker and without a guest having to take care of it.

Then, at 3:15 a.m., I was woken up again when my invoice was thrown under my door. Of course, my dogs and myself woke up. With a total of a $45 pet fee, $15 per pet, it seems to me the hotel staff would have enough common sense to know that if you throw something under the door at 3 in the morning, the dogs are going to wake up and bark! When I went to the front desk to complain, there was nobody there, since he was out delivering invoices. I finally found him and asked what he was thinking since the hotel knew I had my dogs with me. He told me that I should have been given a magnet to put on my door to alert them I had dogs. I was never given a magnet, but it seems that he could read on my invoice where I had paid for my dogs! When I asked the front desk about this situation the next morning, I was told that even with the magnet, the invoice would have still been shoved under my door. Apparently, it is a policy of Candlewood Suites to shove your invoice under your door in the middle of the night! I paid for a room until 11:00 the next morning. I felt this practice to be extremely rude, as if they are trying to get you to leave early. What if I made phone calls or had other charges to my room the next morning? Their excuse was that some people want express check out, so that's why they do this. I have an idea! What about asking the paying customer if they want express check out? What a concept, asking the customer whether they want to be woken up at 3 in the morning so they don't have to spend 10 minutes at the front desk in the morning!

Since I had not had any sleep, I finally decided to make coffee that morning. The coffee pot broke so I went to the front desk to tell them what happened. The maintenance manager was there and told me it would be awhile before he could get me another one, because he would have to walk upstairs to get it! I heard him asking a co-worker if they wanted a sausage biscuit or something else, so I assume this was much more important than getting me another coffee pot!

When I was leaving my room that morning and talking about how tired I was, the guests in the room next to me were leaving and overheard me. They said, "Oh, you didn't get any sleep either?" I said no, what happened with your sleep? They told me that the people in the halls all night kept them awake and the people above them were taking showers in the middle of the night, which woke them up, because it sounds like the water is coming down the walls in your room. When I spoke to the manager about this, she told me, it wasn't their fault because they didn't build the hotel! That's true, however, guests are paying more money for high quality which includes well built and well insulated walls! If I wanted thin walls, I would pay for a lesser quality hotel!

So, after asking the manager for some type of room adjustment, for all the disruptions during the night, which led to absolutely no sleep, I was given $9 off my $120 room rate! Now, that's what I call customer care! I hope that whopping $9 discount helped the bottom line of the Fort Smith Candlewood Suites, or the Candlewood Suites franchise for that matter, because they will never seen another $1 from me!

The next night I stayed at a Best Western for 1/2 the price and slept all night. Even though the rooms next to me and above me were occupied, I did not hear ANY noise from the other guest rooms!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter what your room choice is, because I called first thing in the morning after making my reservation and requested a 1st floor room next to the side doors, so I would have an easier time taking my dogs out to go potty. The man told me there were plenty of 1st floor pet friendly rooms available and he would make sure I was accommodated. Well, that did not happen! When I arrived with my printed reservation in hand, I was told they had not saved the room as I requested and in fact there was only 1 pet friendly room left on the 1st floor! The room was directly next to the front desk and the lobby and you have to listen to the staff doing laundry until 10:00 p.m. at night because the staff laundry is adjacent to that room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family