“Nice Pet Friendly Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Fort Smith

Candlewood Suites Fort Smith
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Salt Lake City
“Nice Pet Friendly Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was a very nice pet friendly Hotel. It had a very nice pet walking area. The rooms are large and comfortable. The beds are comfortable with 4 pillows to choose from. We had a full size refrigerator, microwave and nice flat screen TV. It is in a nice location, close to restaurants and grocery stores. The swimming pool was very nice. The A/C kept the room nice and cool. Has nice exercise room and computer room. We enjoyed our stay here and would return.

Room Tip: First floor is always best with Pets.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dwhite610
Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dwhite610,

Wow! Thank you SO MUCH for this thoughtful, detailed review of our Candlewood Suites!
I have shared your review with our entire staff, what a lovely way to start our day here in Fort Smith. It truly makes us proud to know that you enjoyed your time here with all of us! We are certainly grateful for the opportunity to provide you and your family with a bit of our southern hospitality.

We'll see you next time!

Brandon Weeks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bryant, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed here twice for business in the past few years and have enjoyed each stay. Front desk staff were super-friendly, and so were the cleaning staff. Room was nice and clean. A/C kept it very cool and comfy. Not a lot of noise from doors opening/shutting/other guests. Right in the middle of the majority of Ft Smith's restaurants and shopping. Didn't use the pool or the bbq area, but they appeared clean and well-kept. Room was very clean. The bed wasn't super-comfortable and the pillows leave a lot to be desired, but I'm used to my memory foam, so the complaint isn't exactly apples to apples. All around, a really nice stay in a very convenient location.

Room Tip: Pet-friendly hotel, so if you have a pet, ask for a room near the exit door.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Keith M.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. We truly value your feedback. We are very glad to know you enjoy our Candlewood Suites.

Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Fayetteville, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel is OK but I wouldn't recommend it if you have kids. Its not worth the money because you only get maid service once every 7 days. I just stayed 5 nights there and the hotel is over run with construction workers staying/living there and they stay out around the pool and BBQ area drinking and BBQing and playing loud music and partying all the time. I tried taking my 10 yr old daughter to the pool but they were yelling and cursing and dropping F bombs and smoking. We had to just leave the pool area. Its no place for kids. The construction workers have over run this hotel and are in the gym and laundry area too. They are EVERYWHERE! I stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and it wasn't like that and it was nice but now its not. Stay across the street!!! Way nicer hotel for the same money with daily maid service and big breakfast minus the nasty drunk construction trash that lives there!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Clareen65,

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review of our hotel. It is tremendously helpful for us to gain insight from the perspective of others.

Candlewood Suites is an extended-stay hotel brand within the IHG Family of hotels. Our facility, rate structure, and housekeeping procedures are tailored for guests with long term temporary housing needs.

Our typical guest stays with us for anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months and beyond. This, of course, makes Candlewood Suites a great option for those who work far from home. The majority of our guests work in the medical, sales, manufacturing, and construction fields.

Currently, we have the privilege of housing the construction company that is building new Medical Centers in Fort Smith that will keep the next generation of residents happy and healthy in the years to come. However, I do apologize for their use of coarse language in the presence of your young daughter. This is unacceptable, and I assure you those in charge have been made aware of your situation.

I do thank you for selecting our hotel for your stay here in Fort Smith. I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Best Regards,

Deatsville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Candlewood Suites has fast internet access, and all the comforts of home. It feels like an apartment really. Free washer and dryer service is a real plus. So, if you need an extended stay, it would be hard to be Candlewood Suites for its reasonable price. I will return. Nice counter staff, helpful in every way, little store for those "oops I forgot" items, close to everything...just great.

Room Tip: The hotel has no restaurant, but is close to many, plus you can cook out on the grills near the pool...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
BamaMawMaw,

Hi! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review. You basically summed up all of my favorite things about our Candlewood Suites.

Our gas grills are very popular. It's especially fun when there are multiple people grilling and sharing their delicious food with eachother! Such a fun atmosphere.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Brandon W.
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was there for healthcare contract for 8 weeks. During that time, I met THE most friendly and helpful people I've ever known. EVERYONE went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible; from Willie, the manager and Kim, the general manager, right down to Karen in maintenance! I don't want o leave anyone out! Brandon and Michael were absolute sweethearts, Jenny, a true lady, and Larry was always helpful. Cleaning staff was spot on and cleaned my room as soon as I left to reduce the time my cat, Naomi spent in her carrier. I never felt like I was in a hotel; it was like home...I truely miss them all!! They even sent me a "Miss You" card :) If I ever travel back that way, I would stop in just to say Hi....I felt as though I made friends when I left!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the end and near the elevator/gym should be avoided due to noise from doors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Laura!

Thank you so much for writing this review!

We miss you everyday!

We're still in mourning over your departure, and we hope that wherever you are, they're taking good care of you.

We've decided that the candle we leave lit in the Candlewood Cupboard during the day burns in your honor!

Safe Travels!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was at CWS on business for about 6 weeks and had to have emergency gall bladder surgery. Jeannie (Sales Director) came to visit me in the hospital, I was really taken back. Kim called to check on me and Brandon and the rest of the staff were also checking on me after I got back in my room after 10 days in the hospital. I was also moving to the area and had rented a house and needed to get to the water and electric utilities to have them turned on.
Jeannie even drove me there (I was not suppose to drive yet) and helped me get this done. Wow! Talk about beyond customer service! I am so grateful to CWS and all the wonderful people there who did whatever it took to help me and get what I needed for the movers to be at my house on time and have water and electricity! Did I mention CWS is a great place to stay? I really enjoyed every aspect of the facility. Thank you again for an incredible experience. David Hartman

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank David H
Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
David H.!!

It's so good to hear from you! We all hope you're well!

Thank YOU for being such a great guest, and for writing this review! It truly makes us happy to know you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope you've settled in to your new home, and that things are getting back to normal for you.

Please give our best to your sister, we miss her too!

Warm Regards,

All of Us at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had to have a procedure at Mercy (3 hours from home) and called to book our room a few days prior. Brandon called me early on the morning of our arrival to let us know our room was ready so I wouldn't have to stay at the hospital all day waiting for check in time. We have never had a place go above and beyond like CWS did with us. We loved the convenience of the kitchen area so we never had to leave the room while I was recuperating. The rooms were very clean and we felt very safe. Thank you so much to Brandon and Michael for making sure we had what we needed during our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon W, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Smith, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Brandi,

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to write this fantastic review! I'm so glad you and your Mom chose our hotel. Michael has only been with us a few weeks, and yours is the first review that mentions him by name...you made his day!

I hope you've made a full recovery!
See you both again soon!