“So So stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Smith
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Hotel was clean, but was under going renovation so wasn't really able to sleep in. Also house keeping didn't clean room for the 5 days we were there, some of it was our fault as we are late raisers, but even on the day we left @ 1030 am and were gone most of the day, it still wasn't cleaned.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I left a Temperpedic Junior size pillow (that is no longer made) on the bed and called them that night. The pillow was not turned in and the only and person who had been in the room was the cleaning person. Decide for yourself what happened to it!

I had left it at other hotel and each time I paid to have it shipped to me.

If it was my hotel I would be polygraphing my employees over this issue!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were traveling to Fort Smith to visit family. We arrived late 1:30 am, so we decided to stay one night in a Hotel instead of disrupting the relatives. The Baymont in Fort Smith is going through some renovations, generally this isn't a problem. On this nite the price at the Hotel was $5.00 higher than what was advertised on the online websites, but it was late, and we really wanted to rest. We booked a room, and was given a key. The room we were given was on the floor that had construction going on (no work being done at 1:30am), so this really was not an issue. When we used the key to open the door, the room was occupied!!! The folks staying in the room were not expecting guests (they did not have the dead bolt or safety latch set). We went back to the desk and explained that we really would like our own room. We were given another room on the same floor. This time the desk clerk, called the room and even went to the room seconds before we were able to get there to assure that the room was empty. Around 8am the construction crew began working outside the room.
Not one of the best experiences we had at a Baymont, and we have stayed at this property before. My suggestion is to wait until construction is complete and see if they can accurately identify rooms that are occupied.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2013

rotten apple under the bed
no hot water for breakfast two time
paint smell allover
paint in ice maker

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I would highly recommend this property for several reasons, but I must say that staff sold the deal for me. They went out of there way to correct a mistake on my part. I actually booked the wrong dates and when I spoke with the manager on duty, she let me know what she could do to assist me. Not only did she help me with my error, she was helpful with questions that I had about Lafayette i.e. where to eat and such. My only concern for this property is that it doesn't have an elevator, so if you are a potential customer that may have a disability or perhaps some one who has a difficulty going up one flight of stairs, I would let the front desk know. In my experience, this property will go out of there way to assist you.
I will be staying here with all future visits to the Lafayette area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business