“Comfortable, convenient”

Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We had to use this hotel because of issues with our home. We live in Fort Smith and needed a hotel close to our house. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in other towns and have found them to be fairly consistent in quality. This one was no different. It is on the small size but that meant a short walk to everything in the hotel. The free breakfast buffet was nothing special, but does the job. The indoor pool was pleasant. There is no hotel "store", but a Dollar General Store is right behind the hotel so if you need food, toiletries, etc. you can easily access the store.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are smaller than others. If you are planning on staying more than one day you migh...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 October 2011

I thought this was a really nice hotel. Our room was spacious and clean. The TV was a nice size, beds were pretty comfortable and there were 4 sets of towels in the bathroom. The young man running the front desk when we checked in was very personable and the rest of the staff I talked to around the hotel were very nice. We had a problem with the hair dryer and called the front desk at 6:30 AM and someone was up in about 2 minutes to check on it. The only problem I noticed was the breakfast. The hotel was very full due to a few big events going on in Fort Smith and they had problems keeping up. The 2nd day there was no coffee. I finally figured out from listening to conversations going on that their coffee pot was broken. I thought they should have put up a notice because that gave the impression they weren't paying attention and just weren't putting out coffee. Breakfast was good. There were pancakes (their pancake machine was pretty nifty), eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, a variety of breads and pastries and the Holiday Inn famous cinnamon rolls. The pool and hot tub area were very clean. The instructions on the hotel website to get you to the hotel are accurate. I would like to add you go through a business area and the road is not well lit and is also very curvy so just be a little careful when you turn off Rogers Ave to get to the hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tinjen
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Ended up staying here for two nights for business and it's location to where I had to work and to Fort Smith Regional Airport was more than ideal. It was off the main road so travel was much quicker. Check-In was extremely smooth and customer service by the front desk agents was superb.

The breakfast was excellent and with the other hotels that I have stayed at this one definitely hit the mark with breakfast. The selection was outstanding.

I like the fact that this hotel had a laundry and exercise room and business center. Had no problem with the wireless internet and the speed was more than adequate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This place is good overall. Nice bed, room, fair service. But our room didn't have a remote for the television. When we called down to the front desk, they said they couldn't help. We manually operated the TV. Other than that, it's okay.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I went with my husband on his business trip. The hotel was very clean and new. The service and check in was great. When we were in the room together, my husband didn't notice the refrigerator noise until I pointed it out to him. He turned the ac to where it would cycle and turned the fan off, without my knowing. During the night the ac would cycle on and off and approx. every 20 min. the refrigerator would cycle on and emit a loud noise for about a min. and then shut off. At around 4 a.m. my finally woke up thinking it was an alarm going off to wake him up. lol. I was very annoyed by this noise. I turned the fan on and it covered the sound of the cycling. It also masked the road noise, as our room was nearest the busy Phoenix Ave. The breakfast was typical of a Holiday Inn Express. Scrambled eggs, bagels and what not, etc. I would stay here again, but ask for a room other than 107! I would also run the fan to mask any other noises.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2010

We hadn't stayed in a Holiday Inn for some time and were pleasantly surprised at how nice this stop was on our trip across the U.S. on route 40. We stayed in everything from a fifties style motel to a really nice Hyatt suite and this hotel was definitely one of the best. We rented two rooms and arrived late but there was plenty of parking, even for our car and rental truck full of furniture. We also enjoyed the excellent breakfast at the hotel. I would recommend this one for anyone staying in the Historic Fort Smith area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2010

While the place was clean and new the customer service was poor. Our party had reserved adjoining rooms two days before. When we arrived we were informed that there weren't any adjoining rooms available, making it unpleasant and unsafe for our team party. The pool was over chlorinated, the hot tub was luke warm, and the beds were hard. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010