“Reliably Good HIE”

Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stopped here on a long cross-country trip. Nice, clean room, and our son enjoyed the nice indoor pool and the popcorn. Limited breakfast and way too much styrofoam (why can't hotels use real dishes?), and a pretty small workout room. But, overall, it was a clean and comfortable place to spend a night.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was a great motel in a great location with a great staff. However, Priceline charged me $30 to book a $76 room. I was totally in the dark about this but found out later. Since I need to enter 200 characters minimum, I would like to suggest some reforms for TripAdvisors. First, there is no way to contact them. Second, their web site navigation is awkward in the extreme. Third, I have had a few horrible experiences at hotels highly recommended by TripAdvisors' clients.

Room Tip: Avoid Priceline and be suspicious of TripAdvisors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn Express a lot. It was clean. Staff was helpful not always seen at other Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast nook was staffed and food replenished. Quiet perhaps that was due to a Sunday pm stay checked in very late.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times with good experiences. This is a fairly new building with fresh new furniture, decor, and bathrooms. I stay in a room with two queen beds. As usual with any H.I. Express, the bed and pillows were comfortable, had a large flat screen tv, had a good work area with plugs, and everything was clean. It is not near the highway so there are no noise issues; however, it takes a few minutes to drive where you can get on I-540. Restaurants and stores are not within walking distance, but are within a couple miles on Rogers Ave. It is in a residential neighborhood that appears to be decent and safe. For some reason, this one is always pricier than other H.I. Express' and runs about $120. The Comfort Inn and Suites close by on Rogers Ave. is actually a little nicer for less, and closer to the highway.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We had to use this hotel because of issues with our home. We live in Fort Smith and needed a hotel close to our house. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in other towns and have found them to be fairly consistent in quality. This one was no different. It is on the small size but that meant a short walk to everything in the hotel. The free breakfast buffet was nothing special, but does the job. The indoor pool was pleasant. There is no hotel "store", but a Dollar General Store is right behind the hotel so if you need food, toiletries, etc. you can easily access the store.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are smaller than others. If you are planning on staying more than one day you migh...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I thought this was a really nice hotel. Our room was spacious and clean. The TV was a nice size, beds were pretty comfortable and there were 4 sets of towels in the bathroom. The young man running the front desk when we checked in was very personable and the rest of the staff I talked to around the hotel were very nice. We had a problem with the hair dryer and called the front desk at 6:30 AM and someone was up in about 2 minutes to check on it. The only problem I noticed was the breakfast. The hotel was very full due to a few big events going on in Fort Smith and they had problems keeping up. The 2nd day there was no coffee. I finally figured out from listening to conversations going on that their coffee pot was broken. I thought they should have put up a notice because that gave the impression they weren't paying attention and just weren't putting out coffee. Breakfast was good. There were pancakes (their pancake machine was pretty nifty), eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, a variety of breads and pastries and the Holiday Inn famous cinnamon rolls. The pool and hot tub area were very clean. The instructions on the hotel website to get you to the hotel are accurate. I would like to add you go through a business area and the road is not well lit and is also very curvy so just be a little careful when you turn off Rogers Ave to get to the hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tinjen
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Ended up staying here for two nights for business and it's location to where I had to work and to Fort Smith Regional Airport was more than ideal. It was off the main road so travel was much quicker. Check-In was extremely smooth and customer service by the front desk agents was superb.

The breakfast was excellent and with the other hotels that I have stayed at this one definitely hit the mark with breakfast. The selection was outstanding.

I like the fact that this hotel had a laundry and exercise room and business center. Had no problem with the wireless internet and the speed was more than adequate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business