“One of the nicest”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Little Rock, Arkansas
“One of the nicest”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

After 6 nights of Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express stay, we found this hotel to have the nicest setup in the rooms. The bath was large and very luxurious with the vessel sink and granite. Hotel was convenient to the interstate. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Convenient from the Interstate, and to downtown Ft. Smith, this Holiday Inn Express is just what we expect from this brand.

Front desk service is consistently excellent, and check-in is always quick and easy.

The breakfast room is typical with the usual hot and cold items; there is a good selection of fruit available.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. The Inn is on a major street, but traffic noise has never been a problem in any room.

A number of local and chain restaurants are nearby.

If you're passing through Ft. Smith, this is a good choice. And, it's only an hour to Fayetteville, so if you need a room for a University of Arkansas football game and can't get one there, this is not a bad option.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear shetlandskid,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Overall a great place to stay. Friendly staff. Rooms and bathroom are both clean and updated. The bed has both soft and firm pillows which was nice. Like another review said the beds are pretty firm which may not be to everyone's liking.
The breakfast was superb. A good amount of options.
Don't forget to stop at the hot tub!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Well maintained, clean hotel and it is very close to the airport and restaurants. I say accommodating because they allowed me to have a 4pm check out when I was not an elite member of their Hotel Club.

• Stayed November 2012
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I highly recommend this lcoation. All furniture was recently replaced. I have stayed there many times for military training. The staff is extremely friendly. The breakfast is typical hotel breakfast, but nice to have it there. One of the best Holiday Inn Express locations I have been to.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Bauxite, AR
Reviewed 20 March 2013

My husband and I recently stayed her last weekend while we were in town for a festival. I thought our room was fabulous! It was very clean and looked really nice. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and it was really romantic. The employees here were very friendly from calling to book our room to the hassle free check out, it was a great experience.
My husband and I felt like kids again swimming in the indoor pool when we got back from a late dinner. The breakfast is typical of a continental breakfast though there were scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. My favorite part was the pancake machine that would make fresh pancakes for you.
The bed was super comfortable to me. And, the really nice touch..our pillows were labeled. We had two firm and two soft, for an extraordinary comfort. The bathroom was spacious and had good lighting with a modern sink. I loved how the tv's were more modernized being a flat screen with all our favorite cable channels.
I think we almost spent more time just enjoying our hotel room and amneties than we did outside the hotel.
My only negative is, and I'm not sure what it was if it was construction or what but there was some loud noise in the morning that prevented from sleeping in.
This place was clean, friendly, mondernized, safe with inside facing rooms, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness room, free breakfast...I would definitely stay here again!
Thanks Holiday Inn for a wonderful little romantic get a way for me and the hubs. =)

Room Tip: If you're not happy where your room is, just ask to be moved but I would suggest away from the e...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 January 2013

My tip is to not expect to sleep much because the bed is not comfortable and don't expect to get the room you booked. When I booked I told them I needed first floor king and was told I would have the room I requested. When I checked in I got a room on he third floor not first and they called it a upgrade because it had a couch which I never use. tThe AC/heat is either too cold or too hot. I was going to be in town a additonal week so ask staff this morning if I could book a king room on ground floor for 5 night next week. I was told "he could book a room but could not tell me what floor because he could not predict who would stay over. He NEVER looked to see what was available if anything. I am a Priority member at this hotel chain. I went to Hampton and booked for next week with a gurantee of room and floor at a better price and a promise of my request to be honored. I travel a lot and expect more than I got at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Connie M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Connie M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback.Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with your room accommodation and the service you received. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward it to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Karen C