“Nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our group of 4 stayed here for 1 night in early March. The rooms were clean & the beds very comfortable. Thankfully, the air/heating units worked quietly and quite well.

Prior to checking out I went to the front desk to ask for assistance. Alicia was at the front desk. As she was helping me, another guest ignored that I was standing there and rudely began telling Alicia that she had questions regarding her bill & some others. I was fuming!!! At that point, two other women joined the first one - all asking her questions at once. Alicia was such a professional!!! She politely gave me my information and I walked away.

A little later I returned to the front desk to commend Alicia on her professionalism and to let her know how much I appreciated how she handled the situation.

We enjoyed the breakfast on site. Also, I think Debbie or Debra was the staff member helping with breakfast that day. She was great as well & we appreciated that she checked on everyone to insure that we had what we needed.

We will definitely stay here again if in the area. The staff here is wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cutemel6
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My party consisted of 4 adults in that booked 2 king rooms for 3 nights. We checked in late on Thursday night and immediately smelled cigarette smoke (the entire hotel is non-smoking) as soon as I stepped into my room. There were teenagers partying loudly in the room next to mine. I called the front desk, Ben told me that he would speak with the teenagers next door. And if someone was smoking they would be kicked out of the hotel. Around 20-30 minutes later, the smoke got a lot stronger so I called the desk again. Patrick answered the phone. I told him that the smoke was really strong, he stated that the smoke was not coming from the room next to me. I invited him to come up to my room. When he came upstairs he walked past the room directly below me on the first floor and noticed the smell of smoke. That person was smoking and the smoke was coming through the ventilation into my bathroom. Patrick came one step into my room and commented on how awful it smelled. He told me to stop by the front desk in the AM and they would move my room. The next morning, the person at the front desk had no idea of the situation. Instead of refunding part of my charges, she moved me into another room on the 3rd floor. This room was at the end of the hall next to the maid's closet. Every morning the maid would come into that room and slam doors and drop items on the floor noisily. The other party that stayed in their original room found a bug in their bed on the first night. I found a roach crawling on the wall of the 3rd floor room on the last night. Our bathtub drain would not drain the entire time we were staying on the 3rd floor. I have NEVER had a worst experience staying at a hotel. Especially one that I spent over $650 dollars to stay at over the 3 day trip. I was embarrassed because I booked that hotel for other guests.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Smith, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear April D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We spent two nights here in February. The hotel was conveniently located. Our room was excellent. The breakfast was perfect. The staff was friendly. The WiFi was fast and reliable. We will stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while Driving Through the US of A in December 2013. The Room (Suite) was very spacious and comfortable, the breakfast satisfying with a good selection. Location was very good with shopping/fuel closeby. Staff were gracous as was the Manager.

Room Tip: First Floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Room was good and clean everything was as expected. Check in was fast. The breakfast was very good. I booked the room on hotwire. The only problem I had was 1 key didn't work but I didn't bother to ask for it to be fixed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This property is very clean hotel. The employees was very nice even at 2am. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool the most and I did also because it gave her something to do I stead of being trapped in the room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We went on a fall foliage trip on the motorcycle and decided to use our points for lodging. The hotel doesn't make money on us but the gave us first class treatment regardless. Even upgraded us to a suite! Great restaurant recommendation from the desk clerk. Hotel is well run in every way. Very clean. Well supplied and very comfortable.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple