“great hotel”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“great hotel”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This hotel had everything needed for a great trip. Plenty of places to eat with in walking distance. The staff was very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: try to stay off the third floor as there was a funny aroma.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Second visit to the area and decided to stay at the Residence Inn instead of the Courtyard from the last visit. Stayed 5 nights at this location Check-in was a little slower than expected as there seemed to be some computer problem according to the front desk clerk. The first night I had trouble sleeping as there was/is a bright light shining through my window is in room 325 (I will not be in this room next time for this one issue). In addition, none of the internet jacks worked on the third floor. I called the front desk and they brought me up a new cable. That didn't fix it and they offered to move me to a room where it worked. I didn't think it was that critical so I stayed put. They did fix the internet on the 3rd Floor the next day and no problem from there on out. Kyle at the front desk was very helpful for me, as a runner, in finding a local trail outside of the hotel. Treadmills can get boring after awhile. The treadmills at this hotel are pretty worn out also, but they work. He recommended the Odoui Wellness Course about a quarter of a mile up the hill and nearby. He also setup a cab appointment for me to go to the airport in a very late checkout at 2 PM in the afternoon since they were not too full on the monday. I'm very thankful. It's the small things like this that make a difference when it comes to staying for in a hotel chain. This hotel does not have any wireless connections and the pool is closed for the rest of the year. The breakfast was ample enough for me and the housekeeping was good also. The furniture seems a little outdated, but it is all in good shape. The beds are comfortable and it seems as if they're currently remodeling the hotel as there's plenty of construction workers working around and materials. It is also close to most of the restaurants and shopping area. When I am back in this area I will stay here again. Video on my youtube channel.

Pros:
- FREE Continental Breakfast
- Great Staff & Lobby Area
- Location to shopping and food

Cons:
- No wireless internet (not a major deal to me)
- Bright Light shining through window room 325

RetiredArmyRanger
Marriott Silver Rewards Member

Room Tip: Do not stay in Room 325 if you need a dark room to sleep.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Hotel was good, for the most part clean. Room was clean although could have used some cosmetic help. Nothing major. Location was good next to shopping and dining

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The room was very nice and equipped with kitchen. Our room was very clean. The breakfast was more than expected complete with eggs, biscuits, toast, fruit, yogurt, juices and coffee. Pool was nice.
My husband and I talked with a man who comes to town frequently on business and always stays at this motel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The hotel is getting old and really needs an overhaul. We have been coming here each year now for about 7 years. The staff has always been extremely friendly and accomodating. It DID concern me, though, that the elevator certificate expired in March 2011..No excuses for that. Mgt should be concerned with the safety of their guests as well as employees. Overlooking this critical inspection is a big deal to me as I can only imagine what the outcome would have been if the elevator would have malfunctioned and dropped two floors with my grandchildren or anyone else on it. The pool was dirty each day we were there (stayed for 6 days). We cleaned it everyday before the grandchildren went for their evening swim. Three of our five grandchildren had to go see a physician due to severe ear infections after swimming in the pool, I'm not infering that they got the infections from the pool but my thought is if they don't take the time to have the elevator inspected, they may not take the time to ensure that the pool is at a healthy PH level.

Room Tip: 1st floor only - Walls and floors are very thin
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stay here for business, not my choice of hotel but my company has a good negotiated rate. I stay here approximately 60-70 nights per year, so my complaints are not from isolated incidents. Nothing is quite as unsettling as coming round a corner or getting in an elevator and meeting a dog who seems as nervous about my presence as I am about his. No, I haven't been attacked but judgement has sent me the other way or to the stairs several times. Now for the smell. It isn't constant but more than once you come across the odor of dog poop. I have never actually seen the poop, but the smell is unmistaken. I know, I have had many dogs, all outdoor animals though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from pets
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank carym357
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed 7 June 2011

if you are driving cross country and want something better then the dumps at the intersections of the I 40...then this hotel is a great choice.
You might wonder why anyone could possibly live in this town? But that said....this is a clean, quiet and very friendly property.
The staff could not have been nicer.
We had a two bedroom suite. Free breakfast, internet and a dinner that was just fine.
Good dining in walking distance.
The dog had a great time.
AC incredible.