“Courtyard motels just OK”

Courtyard Fort Smith Downtown
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I travel about 40 weeks per year and stay in motels all over the country. I have to say that for a new motel the rooms are at best OK, no refrigerators or mirowaves, even Holiday Inn has these now and I never stay there. The beds are great, people somewhat unfriendly and the cost is much higher then what you would expect for what you receive. If given a choice I would pick almost any Hilton motel over this Courtyard.
I don't even think coffee in the morning is free.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 April 2009

This hotel is new, clean and up to date. Decor is pleasant and nice.
I left an item in my room that was important to me. I called the hotel days later and room service had already turned it into lost and found. What a relief; manager shipped the item to me and it was back in my hand days later. I highly recommend, just for that integrity. Nice hotel. I'm used to hotel complimentary breakfast, so when i was handed a bill for it i was surprised. My fault for assuming anyway: just wanted to throw that out there. By the way breakfast was great with personalized omelets also.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Hotel was clean, and ammenities were great although no free breakfasts. Staff was average, not the freindliest, but not the worst I have experienced. Being a light sleeper, I did notice when doors close in rooms around and above, you can feel the walls/floors shake. One evening there was an event at the convention center and parking became a problem. Locaton is great close to everything down town, within walking distance to the Ft. Smith and Railroad/Trolley Museum. The only downfall to the location there are no fast food joints in close proximity, anthough the bar in the lobby had good food at a fair price.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2008

This hotel is great for business travelers. The hotel is one of the newest in the city. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 10 September 2008

My husband and I usually stay at the Hampton Inn, but it was totally booked, so we decided to try this hotel. Upon arriving, we noticed that there were people walking their dogs right outside the entrance. They take pets and they don't limit them to certain rooms. They are allowed in ALL the rooms. Had I known this, we would not have stayed here.

Our room was not ready so we sat in the lobby and waited for 30 minutes. The room was a one bedroom suite, nice and large and appeared clean with no animal smells. However, apparantly a very large person had stayed in this room because the toilet seat was broken and the bed springs on one side of the bed were broken. When you sat on the bed, it almost dumped you in the floor. We also had to call maintenance to unstop the toilet.

Apparantly, there were a lot of the refugees from Gustav that came into the hotel that night. Quite a few families with lots of kids and the kids above our room sounded like they were beating on the floor with broom handles. A lot of running up and down the halls too.

We were going to stay four nights, but left after two.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Our party of 4 stayed in 2 rooms at this Marriott. We were in Ft. Smith to attend a wedding down on the river front at the RiverPark. Both rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, and each had tons of extra pillows. Our check in was easy and the front desk employees were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. This hotel appears to be fairly new and is very well maintained. The only negatives is that we were there on a Saturday night and the hotel was full and quiet noisy. The other negative is the location. It is a jewel in the otherwise depressing and scary area of downtown Ft. Smith. We were told that the downtown was severely damaged in a tornado several years ago and it is evident they haven't recovered as block after block have vacant, run down stores, Not a place to get out and take a walk after dinner. It is next to the convention center, so would be quiet convenient if attending events at the center. Very nice hotel in a not so nice neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice - about a year apart. Coincidentally, both times the fire alarm went off. The first time it was at 4 a.m. and the next time I stayed it was at 6 p.m then again at around 11 p.m. The staff was not helpful in providing an explanation. I find it ironic that it happened to me twice. I'm wondering if they have a problem with their system. Other than that, the accomodations were satisfactory and the location very good.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family