“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Wichita, Kansas
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

The building is older, but extremely clean and neat. I was in town for an interview and was looking to find different sites in the town and the front desk and assistant manager Margaret was extremely helpful and super friendly. When I return to the area, I will definitly stay there again and will recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Keep up the great customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We arrived at the hotel after a long day of traveling, and as I sit on the toilet the entire seat slides sideways and I fall off! The seat wasn't even bolted to the toilet! In addition, we quickly realized that the entire bathroom floor was covered in a sticky material. Really gross!
We were told "those things happen" and were moved to another room. The bathroom in the second room was better, but didn't flush very well. I was very worried about our stay.
At least we got a quiet night's sleep!

I felt really uncomfortable with the few non-customers who liked to hang around the lobby and in front of the hotel. The staff seemed to be OK with these individuals hanging around, but I didn't. They seemed to be the staff's priority, not us.

There is a nice mini golf just down the street, an easy walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
travelodge588, Manager at River Valley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Oh my goodness, I am very sorry about what happened durning your recent stay at our hotel. We have been doing some remodeling with the pool and thoses were proabley the additiona poeple you saw. Our customers should always come first as you are the reason we are here. We hope you and your family wil give us another chance. I will be sending you a voucher for a future stay. Please accept our apology for the problems you encountered both in and out of your room. I asure you that your next stay will be enjoyable. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Have a wonderful day!

Travellers are raving about these Fort Smith hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

The rooms are very clean. Sheets were clean both days. the bed was comfortable. Rooms didn't smell like smoke like in some other motels I've stayed in. Pets are allowed but no signs of them. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2011

I loved my stay. Everyone was friendly and the rooms where very nice. I wish the pool was open cuz it looked so inviting, to bad it was to cold for it to be open but I almost jumped in it anyway. My children told me we should come back everytime we come to fort smith. Stay here! Its the best place to be when you need to get away or if you have to get away!

• Stayed February 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

As a construction worker I'm use to living in and out of hotels. We recently started a job near fort smith arkansas and it didn't start out too well. When we got into town it was raining which is bad for business when you make your living outdoors. Our first night in town our foreman put us in a nice hotel but it was so expensive that we had a crew of 8 crammed into 2 rooms. When we showed up to assess the situation on the jobsite the next morning the superintendant asked us how we were liking the area. We started in about the rates at the local hotels and he handed us a business card for the travelodge. When we called and asked about rates we were shocked to find that we could have 2 rooms for the price of 1 room at the other hotel. Needless to say we all slept a lot better for the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed April 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I recently stayed at the travelodge due to a fumigation on my personal residence. Needless to say I was in a pretty poor mood and hotels aren't exactly cheap. I shopped around at a few places before settling into a room at the travelodge. It's an older hotel but it is fairly decent for the price. The staff was extremely hospitable which helped my mood improve. The rooms may not be as nice as our newer hotels in the area but the service was unmatched and that alone more than made up for that. Thank you so much to the staff for a good hotel experience.

• Stayed April 2011
Coweta, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

the hotel has a great hospitable staff. the location is really close to a variety of food establishments and lots of shopping. the rates are very reasonable. the room was decent enough. Not 5 star quality but still better than most that i have been in. the noise level was stayed at a reasonably quiet level. overall thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple