“Loved the firm beds - hated the pillows!”

River Valley Inn and Suites
River Valley Inn and Suites
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Loved the firm beds - hated the pillows!”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I was here during a family reunion the weekend before Labor Day. The non-smoking rooms had a noticeable cigarette smoke smell. Some of my family members had to change rooms because of the intense smoke smell.

The beds are very firm. I thought this was great but if you like mattresses you can sink into, you won't like the beds here. The pillows were anything but firm. The pillows are very small, thin, and flimsy. I'm surprised the pillows are not firm like the mattresses are. I would strongly suggest you bring your own pillows from home.

The rooms are you typical hotel room, they have a small microwave and a mini-fridge. The room I was in had the mini fridge sat on the floor and the microwave sat on top of the fridge. This was not a good arrangement the mini fridge should have been set next to the tv on the dresser. it would have been a much better height for getting things n and out of it.

One good thing about this hotel is that they serve an actual hot breakfast consisting of a buffett with bacon, scrambled eggs, hash brown, biscuits, gravy, cold cereal, milk, OJ, and coffee. They will also prepare pancakes if you want them.

The rooms are in need of some sound insulation. You can be in your room with the door shut and still hear people talking in the hallway in a normal voice.

The staff was very friendly and very professional.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
AmericasBestInns, Manager at River Valley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. I am so sorry about your pillows. and after reserching your comments, we purchased some serta dream pillows. They are firm and seem to be exactly what the doctor ordered. Thank you so much for bring this to my attenetion. Hope to see you at the next family reunion..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We had a very bad experience. Had to change rooms because the air did not work. The phones would not work, had no towels. Had plugs in the walls that did not work. We rented to rooms that were suppose to be connected and was unable to have those so had to get two separate rooms.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Taabj

Travellers are raving about these Fort Smith hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The building is older, but extremely clean and neat. I was in town for an interview and was looking to find different sites in the town and the front desk and assistant manager Margaret was extremely helpful and super friendly. When I return to the area, I will definitly stay there again and will recommend it to anyone staying in the area. Keep up the great customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We arrived at the hotel after a long day of traveling, and as I sit on the toilet the entire seat slides sideways and I fall off! The seat wasn't even bolted to the toilet! In addition, we quickly realized that the entire bathroom floor was covered in a sticky material. Really gross!
We were told "those things happen" and were moved to another room. The bathroom in the second room was better, but didn't flush very well. I was very worried about our stay.
At least we got a quiet night's sleep!

I felt really uncomfortable with the few non-customers who liked to hang around the lobby and in front of the hotel. The staff seemed to be OK with these individuals hanging around, but I didn't. They seemed to be the staff's priority, not us.

There is a nice mini golf just down the street, an easy walk from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
travelodge588, Manager at River Valley Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Oh my goodness, I am very sorry about what happened durning your recent stay at our hotel. We have been doing some remodeling with the pool and thoses were proabley the additiona poeple you saw. Our customers should always come first as you are the reason we are here. We hope you and your family wil give us another chance. I will be sending you a voucher for a future stay. Please accept our apology for the problems you encountered both in and out of your room. I asure you that your next stay will be enjoyable. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Have a wonderful day!
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The rooms are very clean. Sheets were clean both days. the bed was comfortable. Rooms didn't smell like smoke like in some other motels I've stayed in. Pets are allowed but no signs of them. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I loved my stay. Everyone was friendly and the rooms where very nice. I wish the pool was open cuz it looked so inviting, to bad it was to cold for it to be open but I almost jumped in it anyway. My children told me we should come back everytime we come to fort smith. Stay here! Its the best place to be when you need to get away or if you have to get away!

• Stayed February 2011
Reviewed 23 May 2011

As a construction worker I'm use to living in and out of hotels. We recently started a job near fort smith arkansas and it didn't start out too well. When we got into town it was raining which is bad for business when you make your living outdoors. Our first night in town our foreman put us in a nice hotel but it was so expensive that we had a crew of 8 crammed into 2 rooms. When we showed up to assess the situation on the jobsite the next morning the superintendant asked us how we were liking the area. We started in about the rates at the local hotels and he handed us a business card for the travelodge. When we called and asked about rates we were shocked to find that we could have 2 rooms for the price of 1 room at the other hotel. Needless to say we all slept a lot better for the remainder of our stay.

• Stayed April 2011