“Disturbing night”

River Valley Inn and Suites
River Valley Inn and Suites
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Filthy half-made beds with rodent feces on sheets and pillows. Unclean bathroom facilities. Went thru 3 rooms in less than an hour, all equally disgusting. Worst experience of any hotel I’ve been in.
FISHNDEW@YAHOO.COM

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for River Valley Inn and Suites

Reviewed 4 November 2010

My birde and I stayed here on our wedding weekend. She stayed here the night befor the wedding and we stayed on our wedding night. The staff was very frendly and the rooms were clean and comfortable. It is in a good location and easy to find. We also had friends and family staying here and everyone liked liked it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I have stayed here a couple of times over the past years during work assignments. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. This is an older hotel with clean comfortable rooms for the price. There are good resturants within walking distance and good lighting in the front of the building along the street. Not too far away there is a regional airport and a new shopping center.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I was in town visiting my father who was in the hospital which was close by. There were 3 of us women, including myself. We checked in, went to our room, which had the strangest entry way. We could not access the room from the outside at first. Had to enter through an enclosed foyer, then use the card to get into the room from the inside foyer. The room had two doors: one entry from the enclosed foyer and another entry that went outside to our car in the parking lot. The parking area was very dark and spooky, and above all, it was very secluded from the main road; it had no street light poles. After getting into our room, we left and went back to the hospital then when we returned, we couldn't get into our room from the outside entry. The card wouldn't work! Maintenance man tried and tried to get door open, but was unsuccessful. He kicked at the door numerous times. It was odd; as if someone or something was inside our room holding the door so it wouldn't open. He went around to the foyer entry twice, asking me to follow and I did not. The second time he went into the foyer, he somehow made it into our room. When he opened the door to the outside where we were waiting, there was another man in our room. Out of the blue, two other men appeared out of no where? I quickly went into the room and grabbed my belongings and got the heck out of there. Then when I went back to the front desk at the lobby to get my money back, two of the four men were sitting in the lobby. One of the men cussed at us. To make a long story short, we have every reason to believe that this is a "shady" place---perhaps prostitution, drugs, etc.? This place also is located in the crappy part of town and was the creepiest place ever. We truly believe that we were being set-up for something and about to be mugged, raped, murdered or something of the sort! Was a VERY scary experience!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Staff was nice, check- in was fine. This Motel allows Pets and The rooms smell Like it. When I walked across the room my socks stuck to the carpet. (kind of gross) the floor was damp in places. when we were there the pool didn't work, (in our case the pool was a major factor in why we chose this motel over other cheaper ones.) The blanket for our roll away was in terrible condition, ripped and VERY thourougly USED. several big (6-8 inch) holes in it. We WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN. Then we were overcharged for the room and am still in the process of getting the extra 50 bucks back on my credit card.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
#4 of 22 in Fort Smith
Comfort Inn & Suites - Fort Smith
Home2 Suites by Hilton Fort Smith
Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Smith

Been to River Valley Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about River Valley Inn and Suites

Address: 5103 Towson Ave, Fort Smith, AR 72901-8429 (Formerly America's Best Inn & Suites Fort Smith)
Region: United States > Arkansas > Fort Smith
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fort Smith
Price Range: £41 - £52 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — River Valley Inn and Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your River Valley Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Fort Smith