“Be Afraid, Very , Very Afraid”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I made the mistake of traveling on the weekend that students and their parents travel for the first week of college. No hotels available for miles from where we needed to be. If we did not have pressing business we would have cancelled our trip, but here we are. Stay away. Checking in at 9:30 PM, no cars at this hotel. restaurant, bar and sub next door (closed). Room, very sub-standard. Walk around facility in the morning revealed only four cars. Peolple who checked in with us had left (last night, this morning?) All previous comments are true. Nothing more to add. Should have stayed with relatives or friends. Planning next trip better,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank theutican

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I agree with the comment below - when we pulled in, the hotel (which sits next to a bar that's been shut down for over 10 years, I know for a fact) was completely void of any cars at 1:30 PM. I walked inside and had to speak with a 70 year old man who didn't speak English very well through a plated glass (robbed much??), to then be told that there were no rooms available except for one room upstairs. Since there were no cars in the parking lot, I thought it was strange, but I took the available room. When my husband and I walked in, we found a cigarette celephane wrapper with white powder inside just laying on the ground (I'll let you guess what the substance was). We decided to just stick it out and stay because the price was so cheap, but I wish we hadn't. We needed some kind of air flow, but the AC was way too loud and giving us a headache so we put it on just the fan and went to sleep. We woke up barely able to breathe - we had a headache for the entire day afterwards, and we were coughing all day too. In the morning, we were sitting in the chairs looking at the bed (which had no fitted sheet, just a flat sheet tucked under the mattress), and we saw blood. Yes, BLOOD. Room 125, upstairs. There is NOTHING else in the world that dries that same color. And there was a lot more than you would expect - envision a crime scene. We decided we were going to pack up everything first, then take a shower and leave. While we were in the shower, we found a very crusty washcloth hanging from the shower curtain rod, and the water was leaking out of the tub onto the floor and into the room below us. I'm sorry for anyone who got rained on because of us. The whole experience was awful, and my husband is on the hunt for a T-shirt company that can make him a T-shirt that says, "I survived the Red Carpet Inn, Rome NY" Please - this is NOT an exaggeration - for your safety, and the safety of those who are staying with you, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Terri F
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiancé and I needed a place to crash after playing games at the casino and thought it would be a bargain at 60.00 a night. Upon arrival we checked in at the front desk that consisted of a bank teller style window with two sketchy older gentlemen who barely spoke English. After going up the steel rusted out stairs to the second floor we opened up the door to our room and beheld the cinder brick walls as well as the divider that led to the bathroom and shower with Sheetrock so thin that it looked like cardboard. There was still a silhouette of chalk line on the floor from the last hooker that was murdered there. The room did have a microwave as well as a mini fridge that had 5 bud lights stuffed in it from the last drunken sex filled evening. The bed did not even have fitted sheets! We both woke up with a headache the next morning and a feeling that we had been raped during our slumber, I was almost surprised that I did not have flamingo feathers sticking out of my butt. If you see this place while traveling near turning stone, stay at a crack house!!! I promise it's safer.

Room Tip: Don't go into room 117, we heard voices!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 17MikeD
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were on a mini get a way and decided to go to the Casino. This motel is 8miles from there so we book a room via the internet. We stopped by to leave our things in our room and we were totally shocked. Check our reciept from the internet and it was to late to get our money back. As you probably can guess we did not stay. We didn't even go back to the front desk because we were so horrified. There were cobb webs all over and the room smelled horrible. I would not even sit down in the place. As with KaEn 1228 we were told the same thing that check in wasn't till 3 but NO ONE WAS THERE. So much for a mini vaca.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sandi D
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My friend, her son (8 months old) and I were driving through and just needed a rest spot to relax for the rest of the day before taking off for our destination the following morning. We arrived around 2pm and were told check in wasnt until 3, but clearly there was plenty of vacancy. After finally deciding to let us check in, they put us in the back of the motel. When we first walked into the room a foul odor hit us. When my friend sat down on the bed, she noticed a big dried up white mark (you can only imagine what the could be) The bed had obviously not been changed. Not only were we disgusted, but we were also scared to even stay there any longer. We are two women in our twenties with a 8 month old child, in a rat hole, in the back of the hotel. So we decided to check out after 5 mins of being there. They "staff" didn't care what we had to say about the room... they charged us for coming anyway even though we werent there and didnt use anything! We were a little upset about that but it was worth paying money to leave the place! DONT STAY THERE!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank KaEn1228
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was our honeymoon homeward bound experience from Maine.
I never thought I would have to stay in such a dump like the RED CARPET INN. However, after driving for an extended period of time and planning to stay near Utica NY on our way home we were a gas. We called every reputable hotel and motel in the area of 50 mi. They told us that the only place that had rooms and for good reason was RED CARPET INN. NONE of them are any good, but this one hit an all time LOW. The shower / tube was filled with bugs that were crawling out of the drain, the floors were dirty and sticky, there was water damage everywhere. The walls were paper thin and you could hear every step or voice. The LOBBY / Chk in area was an amazing step back in time in Indonesia or Vietnam with plant growth and bugs everywhere. To be met by some young eager foreigner and Yoda like furry grandfather starring at you with distaste and disrespect. Hind sight being 20/20 I should have gotten back on the road and gone another 100mi but we were exhausted. Others leaving the hotel at a very early hour were as disgust as we were.

Room Tip: Call ahead early in the day
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank doc832
Reviewed 27 November 2010

For about $40 per night it was totally adequate! The location is remote and not well lit at all. Unless you know Rome, you'll get lost leaving the parking lot. However, the room was clean, heat worked well, and the water pressure was great. I explained at check in that I did not need daily service, which seemed to please the desk clerk. I was surprised to be able to connect to a wireless network, even though it was slow and intermittent. Plenty of TV channels, but beware, no coffee maker, no fridge, no microwave. The lobby smelled musty and looked like something out of the '70's, as does the motel. But I will definitely stay there again, it's no worse than the EconoLodge which charges at least 30 bucks more per night!! Happy travels.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank guy3276
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Days Inn Canastota/syracuse
Super 8 Oneida Verona
No photo provided
The Rome Motel
#4 of 7 in Rome

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!