“Gross, unsanitary and creepy”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Folsom, California
“Gross, unsanitary and creepy”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

DO NOT go there. Room were dirty, no house keeping and i couldn't wait to get out of there. No WiFi either. Bathroom ceiling tiles were brown and moldy. Molding was pulled away from the walls and you could see black stuff. Outlets don't work. Lamps didn't work. Even if you have to drive 100 extra miles avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Trumansburg
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I admit, walking into the lobby in the evening was like none other--the ceiling was crisscrossed every which way with string for the wandering philodendrum plant (?sp). The room we were given (2 dbl, non-smoking) was very basic. There was AC/phone/TV. It probably had not been updated since 1975, but was incredibly clean. The sheets were nice and crisply clean. The bathroom was also very clean. We went with the least expensive hotel in the area, which is only about 10 miles east of Turningstone Casino, and we were only going to sleep there, then head back. You could hear a little bit of the traffic on the main road, but this hotel is in a very remote (seemed scary driving in at night) location. It is very well lit, and there were only 3 other cars there on a Saturday night. Would we stay again, sure. It was nice and clean and very safe. The beds were comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The bed comforters were even very clean appearing.

Room Tip: Our room was on the north end of the building. The main road was about 1/8 mile to the south. We h...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grammygail
Sidney, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I booked this online at priceline.com. We just needed a room for 1 night. Well, first of all the location is horrible. We pulled in and I almost starting crying and told my husband I would not stay there... Actually scary looking.. We did not even check in..We lost our $60...but it was worth it.
REALLY!! STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: Looks like a stopping ground for hookers and drug dealers
3 Thank Suzanne W
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I made the mistake of traveling on the weekend that students and their parents travel for the first week of college. No hotels available for miles from where we needed to be. If we did not have pressing business we would have cancelled our trip, but here we are. Stay away. Checking in at 9:30 PM, no cars at this hotel. restaurant, bar and sub next door (closed). Room, very sub-standard. Walk around facility in the morning revealed only four cars. Peolple who checked in with us had left (last night, this morning?) All previous comments are true. Nothing more to add. Should have stayed with relatives or friends. Planning next trip better,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank theutican
Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I agree with the comment below - when we pulled in, the hotel (which sits next to a bar that's been shut down for over 10 years, I know for a fact) was completely void of any cars at 1:30 PM. I walked inside and had to speak with a 70 year old man who didn't speak English very well through a plated glass (robbed much??), to then be told that there were no rooms available except for one room upstairs. Since there were no cars in the parking lot, I thought it was strange, but I took the available room. When my husband and I walked in, we found a cigarette celephane wrapper with white powder inside just laying on the ground (I'll let you guess what the substance was). We decided to just stick it out and stay because the price was so cheap, but I wish we hadn't. We needed some kind of air flow, but the AC was way too loud and giving us a headache so we put it on just the fan and went to sleep. We woke up barely able to breathe - we had a headache for the entire day afterwards, and we were coughing all day too. In the morning, we were sitting in the chairs looking at the bed (which had no fitted sheet, just a flat sheet tucked under the mattress), and we saw blood. Yes, BLOOD. Room 125, upstairs. There is NOTHING else in the world that dries that same color. And there was a lot more than you would expect - envision a crime scene. We decided we were going to pack up everything first, then take a shower and leave. While we were in the shower, we found a very crusty washcloth hanging from the shower curtain rod, and the water was leaking out of the tub onto the floor and into the room below us. I'm sorry for anyone who got rained on because of us. The whole experience was awful, and my husband is on the hunt for a T-shirt company that can make him a T-shirt that says, "I survived the Red Carpet Inn, Rome NY" Please - this is NOT an exaggeration - for your safety, and the safety of those who are staying with you, DO NOT STAY HERE.

2 Thank Terri F
Vestal, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My fiancé and I needed a place to crash after playing games at the casino and thought it would be a bargain at 60.00 a night. Upon arrival we checked in at the front desk that consisted of a bank teller style window with two sketchy older gentlemen who barely spoke English. After going up the steel rusted out stairs to the second floor we opened up the door to our room and beheld the cinder brick walls as well as the divider that led to the bathroom and shower with Sheetrock so thin that it looked like cardboard. There was still a silhouette of chalk line on the floor from the last hooker that was murdered there. The room did have a microwave as well as a mini fridge that had 5 bud lights stuffed in it from the last drunken sex filled evening. The bed did not even have fitted sheets! We both woke up with a headache the next morning and a feeling that we had been raped during our slumber, I was almost surprised that I did not have flamingo feathers sticking out of my butt. If you see this place while traveling near turning stone, stay at a crack house!!! I promise it's safer.

Room Tip: Don't go into room 117, we heard voices!!!
3 Thank 17MikeD
Copenhagen, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We were on a mini get a way and decided to go to the Casino. This motel is 8miles from there so we book a room via the internet. We stopped by to leave our things in our room and we were totally shocked. Check our reciept from the internet and it was to late to get our money back. As you probably can guess we did not stay. We didn't even go back to the front desk because we were so horrified. There were cobb webs all over and the room smelled horrible. I would not even sit down in the place. As with KaEn 1228 we were told the same thing that check in wasn't till 3 but NO ONE WAS THERE. So much for a mini vaca.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sandi D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Red Roof Inn Utica
#3 of 13 in Utica
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Utica

Been to Red Carpet Inn? Share your experiences!