“Beautiful Comfortable Hotel”

The Inn at the Beeches
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here when at conference in Utica and very glad we drove the extra miles.Beautiful setting,with warm friendly people.The grounds are spectacular with beautiful country views in all directions.We had breakfast at their restaurant in the morning and it was one of the best we ever had.We cannot say enough about this place only hope that we are somehow in this area again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChALUTCH

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed there over the weekend of 8/16/13 and as soon as we got there our reservations were wrong. They told us no king beds were available and they were sorry. When we showed them our online reservation receipt for a king bed and said we wouldn't have booked if there were no kings available. All of a sudden a king room opened up. When we got to our room we noticed the room next door to us was wide open and about 7 people in it. They were very noisy. At night around midnight when we returned the same room next to us was very noisy, banging on the walls and doors and yelling. people coming and going, at about 12:30 pm someone knocked on our door and when I answered they pushed the door open not knowing they had the wrong room. This person was very drunk. My husband called the front desk to complain two separate times and nothing was done. Finally at 2 am I walked to the front desk because things were still very loud. The front desk girl said there's nothing we can do they paid for a room. Well so did we! I will never stay here again. The second day we were there we didn't even get clean towels. It's a tiny room and not worth the price or aggravation of belligerent drunk kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jenniferlynn1978
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed two nights at the Inn at the Beeches in July 2013. The hotel is located on the north side of Rome at the outskirts of town. It was nice and quiet (something I must have in a motel or hotel). The grounds are just beautiful (and for a bird watcher like me that was really a plus as I saw about 20 species around the hotel). The room I had was a single room and, although a bit small, it was very comfortable with all the amenities and very afordable. The staff was most helpful. Fee WiFi was available too. There is a breakfast room adjacent to the rooms and they offered everything under the sun at afordable prices. There is a restaurant but I only went there one night for the barbeque they had. It was so-so. I'm glad I chose this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Last week while traveling on business, I had the pleasure of staying at Beeches. This was a delight to my "old" soul. Having stayed at the run-of-the-mill hotel across town many times, I was delighted with this change of pace. The outdoor pool was especially cool and refreshing, not over-chlorinated, and wonderfully out doors! Breakfast was also superior to the help-yourself sort offered by the chain hotels, and reasonably priced. We kept thinking, "You get what you pay for." Definitely breakfast with a waitress and real china was a bargain at about $5 a plate. Just being able to open the windows at night was wonderful. One day there was a bag-piper walking the lawn across from our room, part of an al fresco dinner offered by the wonderful restaurant on the premises. And you won't find this kind of restaurant near most chain hotels. Having your car parked right outside your door is another plus not afforded by most new inns and motels.

Understandably, an inn that is this old has its issues. But I'll take charm and character over newness anytime. We will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: The larger double rooms in the front are much more pleasant than the single rooms at the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I had to travel to Rome for work, week after week. The company told me to stay here. After 12 weeks, I said, enough is enough, I don't care what the company says, I will go outside of Rome. On Monday upon check in, I had to always check if the showere was clean. Multiple times there was mold on the curtain and on the tile. I am surprised that just becasue of this, they are not shut down for health codes. So many people have allergies to mold. I would have to be moved or clean the shower myself, with lots of bleach and ammonia.

Multiple times, the room had a big stainint he carpet that grossed me out and I woudl have to be moved. I woudl not have my feet touch these carpets for fear of catching something.

Becareful if you come during catapiller time. They are all over the place and are congregating aroudn your door, since this is more of a motel, where your rooms entrance/exit is right outside. I truly never felt real secure here either.

I stayed 11 weeks too many and would not want anyone else to endure this place. Even my team, who lives in the area, said don't stay there.

Go to the Wingate if you want to stay in Rome. It was the best clsoe by. Or go to Utica, or go to Syracuse, even though it is a drive there are so many better options.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here any way. The better rooms are closest to the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank trlloyd
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We went to Rome to visit my family for Christmas and ended up staying at the Inn when we found out there wasn't enough room at Moms. The staff was very friendly and wicked helpful from check in to check out. Breakfast was great and so convenient right around the corner from our room. Try the waffle!!!!!!!!!!!! The bed was big and comfy we could have used a few more pillows but never bothered to ask. I am sure if we had extra pillows would have arrived in a few minutes. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of fresh towels replenished every day. The heater was great I brought terrible footwear for snowy upstate NY and had soggy feet each day so I warmed my toes up next to it while watching tv and drying out my socks, lol.

We enjoyed our stay so much we stayed again in April when we had another family shindig!

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others, if you want more space ask for a big room!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OSPICC
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This place has lovely grounds next to their restaurant and conference center. Has a large pond that Canadian geese love. It was charming. Had a small swingset the kids loved. Rooms are small but quaint. Evening turndown service and fridge/microwave. We felt at home and were here 5 days. Free onsite laundry. Breakfast is not included but offered at the onsite restaurant and very reasonable. Helpful staff. Just outside of main part of Rome. I'd go back.

Room Tip: They had little cottages available that I would love to try next time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Hampton Inn Rome
Hampton Inn Rome
#1 of 7 in Rome
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Homewood Suites By Hilton New Hartford Utica
Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford

Been to The Inn at the Beeches? Share your experiences!