“Great place”

Fort Rickey Discovery Zoo
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Fort Rickey is a special kind of zoo with a focus on fun and interaction. We understand that children learn best and remember best when they are actively engaged. We offer feeding and petting areas, a maternity ward with baby goats and animal shows featuring wolves, otters and snakes. A giant tube and tunnel maze with ball crawl and slides compliments the hands on approach.
Orlando, Florida
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Loved visiting here...beautiful zoo with well taken care of animals. Staff was super friendly. The grounds are beautiful. The wolves were our favorite! The baby goats and baby deer were adorable. Can't say enough good things about this place! Bring quarters..they have feed machines near the deer and goats.

2 Thank proudteacher5

Camillus
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great place to take the family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family loved going to Fort Rickeys Discovery Zoo. Bring a picnic lunch and spend the day hanging out. The kids had a blast in the water activity area. When we were there which was a few years ago we had the chance to see a porcupine that had been raised when it was very young by the staff. How cool is that! We went there several times over the years and we always had a fun day at the zoo. Great memories!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank CamillusDave
West Yarmouth, MA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Place.. Great Memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Loved the wolves! Great relationship with the trainer! I just loved my visit and so did my daughter.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank capegirlonthego
Utica, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Deer and Goats and Wolves, Oh My!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My grandchildren love this place and so do I. I've learned as much here as they have from the friendly and knowledgeable staff.
I watched my oldest grandson sit with a boa constrictor wrapped around his shoulders and accepted his dare to do the same. We watched the wolves mature and learned to have a deep respect for them. We laughed as the deer came running to eat the food we bought for them at the entrance to the petting area and giggled as the baby goats looked for our attention.
We have enjoyed Halloween and hayrides and parties and picnics at Fort Rickey. We will definitely be going back there again.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank ritterrific
ny
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Fort Rickey is one of the best attractions for childrens enjoyment and education about animals. The place is clean, well layed out and the staff is friendly and helpful. The wolf show is a must see.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank rhondalou

Been to Fort Rickey Discovery Zoo? Share your experiences!