“"Hotel Services"”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Miami, Florida
“"Hotel Services"”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

When I pulled in to the hotel, I thought this might have been a mistake. The lobby is in major need of a re-do. The outside is from another century. They do not provide breakfast, but you get a 10% discount at the Denny's attached to the hotel. The room I was in was renovated. The bathroom was new, nice furnishings, very comfortable bed and a flat panel TV. I had a very pleasant night. Coffee in the lobby in the morning--very good. The kicker came when I got my bill and there was a $1.99 "Hotel Services" fee. I asked what this was for and the clerk replied "It's like a fee for a safe in the room." There is no safe in the room, and on extra services were provided. The clerk promptly removed the fee from the bill. If they feel they need more for the room, all they have to do is raise the room rate by $2.00. Why resort to trickery and deception? It makes them look like thieves.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for a renovated room, and of course, check your bill before you leave.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The service was good and the room was clean. I had a room near the pool but it wasn't noisy. The attached Denny's was convenient and the food was decent. The hotel is in a good location to get to local attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the quality inn and was really blown away by the mold crawling up the walls.... The clock radio was so full of dried ? And although some upgrades have been done, the place is still Shabby. An upended sleeper sofa was still in the same spot it was last time we stayed.... In the hallway! the door t the bathroom is peeling.... the mold problem is a big concern.... You can't just slap a coat of paint over it and hope it will go away...... Photos say it best.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank viv m
qualityinnrome, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. Fortunately, the property has been upgraded and changed in many ways since your stay -- and we’re now meeting guest needs better than ever. I hope you will return in the future and give us another chance to satisfy you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Very pleased to see the change in six months. As a Diamond member, I was given a refurbished room. It was very well done and clean. The owner is making the necessary changes! There is still much to do... Lobby, public areas, walkways and PLEASE, the fitness equipment and room! But, a noticeable improvement. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013
Greenville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I called and stopped without a reservation. The front desk clerk, Beckie, was wonderful and processed me to a room quickly. The room with 2 dbl beds was roomy, clean and comfortable. A new flat-screen TV adorned the wall. The bathroom was small but plenty big enough for me with the new styled bowed shower curtain - sink seperate from bathroom and conveniently handled my 'stuff'". The outdoor pool was filled and inviting but a 'closed' sign at the entrance. A Denny's Restaurant was attached to the hotel and lots of downtown attractions were within walking distance.

Room Tip: It appears the hotel management is in the process of updating the rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you like how we’re revitalizing an older hotel into a great place to stay for many years to come. I’m glad you had a nice experience at our clean, comfortable and well-located hotel. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you many times in the future.

Westbrook, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Rome NY last night. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling, the pool handrail was not securely fastened and loose, and the internet connection in our room did not work. The hotel was much further from Cooperstown than advertised which was the biggest disappointment as we were taking our grandson there for his first visit.

Room Tip: Do not use Booking.com to book a hotel. Their information is not accurate. Don't be disappointed...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol C
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and apologize that we let you down. We’ve made significant improvements to the hotel recently, and you’ll find a better experience when you return. You’ll enjoying staying with us in the future, I’m sure.

chesapeake beach, md
Reviewed 3 August 2013

For the past 20 years we have stayed here once or twice a year. We will not be back, WE were in town for a wedding along with other family members.
problem with the air conditioner. The day we checked in it was 96 degrees. Room was very hot. Manager came up and fiddled with the AC unit and said to give it a few minutes. After about 45 minutes we called down to the front desk. the manager came up and again fiddled with the AC unit. We requested another room. After some discussion we got another room where the AC was a little better.
The toilet need to be flushed twice with every use. We were told that the plumbing was old and there was nothing that could be done.
One of the rooms that other family members were given the beds had been made up with the soiled sheets from the previous occupant. Took about an hour before housekeeping could come up and change the sheets.
The other room the carpet was so filthy that no one could take off their shoes.
Two of the three ice makers where not working. When we visited in June one the ice makers was out of commission at that time.
We will no longer be staying at this location when we visit Rome.
JG, Maryland

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jo Anne G
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We appreciate you being a repeat guest and can assure you that changes have been made since the time of your stay to improve the property. I hope you will soon give us another chance to satisfy you soon. We sincerely value your business.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Red Roof Inn Utica
#3 of 13 in Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Best Western Gateway Adirondack Inn

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!