“NOT a good experience”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rome
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“NOT a good experience”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were traveling from Pittsburgh, Pa to Burlington, VT and wanted an inexpensive place mid way. Called on August 15th and booked for August 16th and was quoted $129.00. Arrived on August 16th and was told our reservation was for August 17th. We were told no rooms were available for that night. I first asked that the reservation they made for the 17th be cancelled and if they could assist us in locating a room for the night. The clerk got on the phone and found us a room down the road for $149.00. Having no other option I said we would accept. The General Manager, Mansukh V. Paghdal, overheard this and said "Wait, I have a room for you". We stopped the booking at the other place and the GM took us to see the room--going on about how nice it was. My husband was very tired and just wanted to collapse. This "found" room was $149.00. I told the GM that it was their mistake that they booked us for the wrong night and we wanted the room for $129. He refused. My head said to get out of this place but my husband was so tired that we stayed. The room was terrible. There was a bug on the wall. The bathroom was just nasty. The bed might have been new but the entire experienced SCREAMED OLD and a SCAM!!! Run--do not walk away from this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Fran N
qualityinnrome, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2015
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington dc
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The rudest office staff & managers that didn't care that their workers were using power saws cutting tiles 2 ft from our door at 2 am after listening to it for several hours . Will never go back They could have moved us away from noise

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that you experienced some noise in your room. We were unaware of any power tools being used after hours. In any case, we take real pride in providing the best possible guest experience and clearly let you down. If you’ll give us another try in the future, we’re sure to do better for you then.

Delmar, New York
Reviewed 23 October 2013

when we checked inn, the owner made us pay a deposit cause we were paying cash , we went to our room it was smelly, dirty, dusty... just plain nasty we went back to the front desk and asked for our refund he would not refund us and took tax out of our deposit money .... bad service stay far away... there were people out back of the hotel drinking and smoking pot and barbecue

bad place

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy your very brief experience with us. We take pride in following local laws and company policies and in providing the very best guest experience possible. I hope you find accommodations more to your liking when you return to the area. We’ve change and improved in many ways and would welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013

When I pulled in to the hotel, I thought this might have been a mistake. The lobby is in major need of a re-do. The outside is from another century. They do not provide breakfast, but you get a 10% discount at the Denny's attached to the hotel. The room I was in was renovated. The bathroom was new, nice furnishings, very comfortable bed and a flat panel TV. I had a very pleasant night. Coffee in the lobby in the morning--very good. The kicker came when I got my bill and there was a $1.99 "Hotel Services" fee. I asked what this was for and the clerk replied "It's like a fee for a safe in the room." There is no safe in the room, and on extra services were provided. The clerk promptly removed the fee from the bill. If they feel they need more for the room, all they have to do is raise the room rate by $2.00. Why resort to trickery and deception? It makes them look like thieves.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask for a renovated room, and of course, check your bill before you leave.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The service was good and the room was clean. I had a room near the pool but it wasn't noisy. The attached Denny's was convenient and the food was decent. The hotel is in a good location to get to local attractions. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the quality inn and was really blown away by the mold crawling up the walls.... The clock radio was so full of dried ? And although some upgrades have been done, the place is still Shabby. An upended sleeper sofa was still in the same spot it was last time we stayed.... In the hallway! the door t the bathroom is peeling.... the mold problem is a big concern.... You can't just slap a coat of paint over it and hope it will go away...... Photos say it best.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank viv m
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. Fortunately, the property has been upgraded and changed in many ways since your stay -- and we’re now meeting guest needs better than ever. I hope you will return in the future and give us another chance to satisfy you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

Very pleased to see the change in six months. As a Diamond member, I was given a refurbished room. It was very well done and clean. The owner is making the necessary changes! There is still much to do... Lobby, public areas, walkways and PLEASE, the fitness equipment and room! But, a noticeable improvement. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
#3 of 13 in Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Verona
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Verona

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!