“Old School with Updates”
Review of El Rancho Hotel

El Rancho Hotel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Deephaven MN
“Old School with Updates”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great change of pace for a city that is exploding at the seams and is packed with chain hotels.
The El Rancho is a charming hotel from the days when Williston was a quieter place. The staff is friendly and helpful and remodeling seems to be progressing throughout the property. The new restaurant on-site has excellent and innovative food. Sure wish they would serve breakfast though.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building for best accomodations.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank VacationQueen525

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stay at this hotel often for work. It is an older hotel that was probably rather classy in its time. It is certainly showing signs of age at this point but is still an adequate place to stay. It is VERY difficult to find a hotel room in Williston at any given point due to the oil boom in the region but the El Rancho is large enough that they may well be able to put you up.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Tacoboy4000
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I received horrible service during my stay in El Rancho.
First, when we checked in they gave us a room with one bed when we had specifically requested a room with 2 beds when we made the reservation. When I went to the front desk the girl seemed to have no idea what I was saying and called her manager.
The manager is the worst I've ever dealt with. She demanded to know who we worked for before agreeing to help her. When I told her who we worked for I also reminded that we would be reviewing the hotel as part of our job. Her mood changed and she basically told me had I been any normal person she wouldn't have switched rooms. Then she saw that we had requested two beds and changed it.
I wish that was the worst of my stay here.
When we went into our room it was outdated but seemed clean.
I went to take a shower and I realized the hair in the shower wasn't mine nor was the bar of soap on the shelf. Gross.
Then we made a huge mistake of eating in the hotel dining room
The place was terrible. There were clean table tops but the floor under the table was filled with trash. The waitresses ignored us for the first 10 minutes we were there...and we were the only ones to be helped.
After we looked over the menu and sheepishly decided what to eat the waitress comes over and lists what they are out of which is basically the whole menu.
The food was terrible and the fries were over cooked. Even the soda was bad.
I will never stay here again and I suggest you never put yourself through this terrible experience. Not worth the money.
I am disgusted with how I was treated by the manager as well as the hotel in general.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Kayla P

Travellers are raving about these Williston hotels

Calgary
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed here on business and find the El Rancho as a good deal with clean comfortable rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank EKG777
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here for work, rooms are basic but clean. Hotel staff is less than decent, asking for anything you just get stares.
Overall its a place to sleep and nothing more.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank wick1979
Kiel
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My husband & I travel alot to Williston, to see our daughter. We ALWAYS stay at El Rancho. We love being there. Everyone treats us like family. Of all the places we stay on our trip there, this hotel is No. 1 for us. The hotel staff always goes beyond to make sure everything is okay. Our room is quiet and clean. We have stayed other places in Williston & nothing compares to staying at El Rancho. If you are lucky enogh to get a room, I suggest El Rancho to be top on your list. Can't wait to go back. Vi from Wis.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Violet W
Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I have stayed in many places and I was very pleased with my stay at El Rancho. The front desk staff was very helpful in pointing out a place where I could wash the bugs off my car. I ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent. My room was quiet and clean and I enjoyed the free wifi! Thanks to great staff and service at El Rancho I will be back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business