“Wanted it to be grand, but if it weren't for the food...”
Review of The Williston

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Street
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our food was good-very good. Caesar Salad to start was awesome. The Bison was rated as above, but lacked that perfection..if I was to be critical. Was expecting it to be grand from the initial hype & construction, just fell a bit short. Service was great, bar itself very pretty, but the restaurant still reeked of the past. Husband had a Cajun Seafood Pasta...it was not the best (one bite is all I needed). Childs Chicken Strips...well, the best...should have ordered that! Haha!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Williston's hot spot for great food and very friendly service. The bar area is the best in town for food, atmosphere and lively banter.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

The restaurant in down town Williston is a building take over of something that was there before. Walking in to the place gives you the feeling of walking into grandmas house. When you get into the main part of the place it feels more like a restaurant, but it also has a gloomy feel to it. Seating was prompt and our waitress was glorious. Our drink orders were quick and our shrimp cocktail was very good. The sauce was awesome with some sort of wasabi. Once we ordered the wait time for the food was a little long, and we didn't hear any music at all but once. The nose was so over powering you thought you were in a sports bar. Couldn't talk to the person next to u at times. Once we got the food it was presented nicely and our waitress was great through the whole experience. The shrimp scampi was very good, only thing was the over powering chunks of garlic. The T-bone steak was very med well to well cooked for my liking, but a little blacken like they got in a hurry cooking it. Asparagus was undercooked and crispy. Should be soft and melt in your mouth. Mashed potatoes were good, and the desert, well lets just say there was no complaints. Very good. As far as the price goes, it's in Williston and people have money, food quality is very good for this town, and if I'm going to eat at that restaurant again people need to keep the voice level to a minimum so I can hear the damn music, and enjoy my expensive dinner.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Even though we had the address for The Williston, it was challenging to find, due to major road construction. We parked in the police station parking lot and trekked in. My son didn't think it would even be open due to construction on all sides, but thankfully it was.
What a wonderful surprise just opening the door and stepping in to the beautiful lobby. The restaurant is beautiful with an old country club feel, great bar area, great menu selection, and great, professional service! My son had the most amazing lobster ravioli, which I sampled several times--and I had the stuffed swordfish-yum!
Nice wine list--also available by the glass.
Definitely worth finding when you're in Williston!

1  Thank Sana K
Reviewed 2 August 2013

It's very rare to find a good restaurant in Williston. It is a little on the pricey side, but it is definitely a place I will be coming back to. I ordered the pasta and it was great. My only critique would be that I don't love hearing the drama that the staff is having amongst themselves while I'm out with my friends. It was a little bit of a buzzkill. That being said, I understand it's hard to find good help, so I won't hold it against them.

1  Thank heidibuol

Been to The Williston? Share your experiences!