MainStay Suites
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Outstanding Hotel in Williston, Reasonable rates for the boom going on there, but well worth it. They have everything you need to do an extended stay or just a quick stop. The daily breakfast buffet is great with everything from bagels or cereal to hot egggs, biscuits & gravy to fresh fruit. The staff is one of the friendliest and treats you like your at home. My room was clean, large and comfortable, complete with a desk with a free internet conection and WIFI. Nice set up wih a comfy couch and large flat screen. I've stayed at many of the hotels in the area and won't go back to any of them. Best place I've stayed in the Oil Field.

Room Tip: 1st floor gets a little load until the lounge shuts down.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg C
Joseph D, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for telling us about your experience at our hotel. As a valued member of Choice Hotels, we appreciate your feedback. We always find it useful when a guest tells us about their personal experience at our hotel. We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer. We value your patronage and hope that we are able to accommodate you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Too often a situation happens and we don't take the time to write a comment after the resolution. I want to follow up a complaint I had previously reported with, Joe met me in the lobby this morning and apologized for the misunderstanding of my vehicle being towed. He refunded my stay and the tow charge. As much as I appreciate the refund, I personally don't expect or want the money. The most valuable commodity for me, is how he took accountability and did everything he could to make it right. I am confident his young staff (not age of employees, but time the hotel has been open) have learned on how to handle this situation for future patrons.
I appreciate the resolution and I too must be accountable by amending my earlier comment.
I feel confident that I could refer this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2013
Joseph D, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate experience that you encountered at our hotel. Incidents like this are rare and we are always concerned when they occur. We have since coached our staff how to properly handle a situation like the one that you had encountered and our staff is committed to ensuring that these problems do not happen again. Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter and we hope that you will continue to stay at Choice Hotels for quality services and accommodations in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a newer property that opened in November of 2012 and it's very nice with reasonable (for oil field) prices. Nice hot breakfast every morning and a hot free evening meal on Tuesday nights. Cash bar is reasonably priced. Rooms have all you need for an extended stay with micro, cooktop, refrigerator, dish washer, sink etc. Very friendly and helpful staff. It's located a block off the main drag, so is easy to miss, but less traffic noise. It's easily the nicest place at the best price in all of Williston. I just made a reservation to return next month and was once again quoted a very competitive price. I will keep coming back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Joseph D, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. It is always beneficial to us to hear the valuable feedback from our guests. We are very happy that you were satisfied with your stay and that you enjoyed our wonderful amenities. We are so glad that you are choosing Mainstay Suites for your next trip to Williston. We truly appreciate your continuing patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were pleasantly surprised with the Mainstay Suites in Williston.
It is fairly new, has a excellent hot breakfast with cereal, toast, fruit, rolls, eggs, sausage, hash browns and hot waffles if you want, inside corridor entries, an elevator (lift, to the Brits), and a friendly staff that seems to care. The king that we had was equipped with a kitchen, full-size refrig, large microwave, dishes, flatware, and cooking pots and pans. There was a sofa that looked like it could make into a bed but we did not check. The bath was spacious with a walk-in shower (but no tub). Clearly set up for extended stays as they say and cater to the oil field crowd. We stayed with the 30% off special so the rate was reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PlatinumMember98042
Joseph D, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. We are so glad that you had a very pleasant stay with us and that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel. We strive to give each guest the best possible stay experience so we are very happy that we were able to have the opportunity to accommodate you. Thank you again for your patronage and hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Williston.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

i would like to say that this Hotel wasnt what I expected I have stayed at many hotels before but never a main stay Suites they were so very cozy I wish through all the softball trips and the time we had to stay in a small hotel should have made an attempt to stay at a Mainstay I was only in Williston north Dakota for two days I stayed at this hotel for one and it was so very comfy and nice I would def recommend this hotel to all my family and friends .... very close to the College where my daughter is attending if I visit her again this is where I would stay. very very nice hotel and friendly staff breakfast was huge Dident have much time to eat but its not a littel breakfasts its a big breakfast very very nice place for long stays with a home feeling
thanks Jennifer White

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise. from busy road
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Joseph D, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that you had a wonderful stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Place is fairly new so all is in great shape. Room has all you need except oven. Great shower in shower only room. Bed was very comfy, slept well. Only ice is in your refrigerator, no machine. Breakfast has all you need, waffles were made ahead of time so they were cold. Morning we ate someone forgot to start juice machine, no juice available. Would stay here anytime.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Joseph D, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that your room was to your expectations. We would also like to apologize that your breakfast experience was not as good. We have since addressed to our staff the issues that you had mentioned and feel confident that it has been resolved. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night here, although the property obviously is designed for longer stays. The room - an efficiency one-room "suite" - was well designed to feel bigger than it was. The full size refrigerator is particularly nice. The room furnishings were in generally good condition. There is a supermarket across the parking lot if you feel like cooking in, which you might given the paucity of restaurants. Breakfast is pretty good: decent choices are served in a breakfast room kept clean and restocked. Please note that the happy hour is not free unlike some other extended stay hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013
jjdora, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy that your room was satisfactory. We are designed for longer term stays so that you may "live like home". If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please let us know! We hope to see you again soon!