“Amazing Front Desk Service!!”

Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Williston
GreenLeadersGold level
Williston, North Dakota, United States
“Amazing Front Desk Service!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed 4 nights earlier this month! I was quite surprised with how courteous and accommodating the staff was! The rooms were so clean i could have probably ate off the counter tops! Chris at the front desk was more than helpful during my stay, he had the answer to every question i had, always assisted me in a timely manner! And his amazing smile never goes away, that's gotta say somethign about this hotel! The breakfast is amazing! Also April at the front desk was such an awesome front desk agent, she always went the extra mile! I will recommend this hotel to all of my friends in family back in Mandrake Falls! Can't wait to stay here again! The housekeeping was so friendly and very thorough in there cleaning, not a spec of dust was left in my room and it was always done in good timing!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 months - loved all of the people who were always there to be help - great attitude, great people and the hotel is very nice and comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel. It is also very convenient to the Wal-Mart which is also very helpful.

Room Tip: Just ask the help desk - they are awesome.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 1Ron777
Heidy V, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hi Ron!

We loved hosting you and already miss seeing you every day! It really was such a pleasure to get to know you over the course of your stay. I can say with certainty that our entire staff was sorry to see you go!

Thank you for the favorable review, and I am pleased that you were so comfortable at your home away from home, our hotel. We hope that if you are ever back in Williston, you will stop in to say hi.

Best of luck in your new adventures!

Heidy and Chrissy, and the whole crew
Reviewed 10 June 2013

In a town that is horribly expensive due to the oil boom, this a wonderful hotel for a relatively modest price. Lovely room, clean and comfortable, breakfast was stellar. Will stay there whenever I'm am in town

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Traveler7120
Heidy V, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Traveler7120,

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! From the comfortable rooms, to a hearty breakfast, we try to make sure your experience is top-notch. I'm glad we could make your time away from home, family and friends enjoyable!

Be sure to say hi next time you're in! I'd love to chat in person!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

This was my third stay in this hotel. The first stay was so pleasant that I keep coming back. No one is "just" a guest here. The ladies at the front desk are so friendly that its not uncommon at all to see guests in the Lobby relaxing with a cup of coffee, watching TV and enjoying a nice chat.

Heidi, at the desk has gone out of her way time and time again to accommodate any needs I may have, including a late check out on this, my last visit. I cannot say enough of the Housekeeping Department who do such a great job that they are in and out of the room quickly, never taking short cuts leaving any mess also responding to whatever needs you may call down to the front desk with. The breakfast provided each morning has a surprising variety to offer that keeps the dining area full all morning.

This hotel is very well kept from the outside grounds and throughout the hotel to include the Laundry Room for guests equipped with brand new machines and stocked with detergent. No need to run to the store which is conveniently located next door. The location of the hotel is in the heart of town, close to restaurants and shopping.

The entire staff is great and I'm looking forward to my next stay!

• Stayed May 2013
KarenKRA,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and staff! We really do become attached to our guests, whether they're in for a few days or whether they come back to us again and again. And with great guests like yourself, coming to the property is more like coming to see friends than coming to work!

Here's to any and all future stays being just as positive as your past stays!
We hope to see you soon,

701.572.8800
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This is probably one of the nicest Best Westerns I've stayed in, which surprised me because it's Williston, North Dakota. Their pillows are awesome, and I'm a bit of a pillow snob. The girls at check in were super friendly and in the morning the breakfast lady made me a killer breakfast burrito with real bacon, not the microwavable fake stuff.

The price is a bit high, but actually for a nice room in williston, I paid less than what some of the other hotels wanted. It would have been nice if the pool had been open, but that's not really a huge deal to me. It's also right across from Walmart, and in Williston that's pretty much the only place to get anything.

I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are surprisingly roomy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tony Caruso,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
From one pillow snob to the next, our pillows are made with a hearty amount of awesome and a hefty dash of fantastic. We love them and are glad you do too!

I'll pass along the burrito rave to our Breakfast Manager, Koody. We serve only what we'd eat ourselves, so no fake stuff here.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, and we hope to see you next time you visit Williston!

701.572.8800
Rangely co
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked this hotel 2 months ahead of time. Asked the people at the 1800# if there was a pool. They said yes, and I was willing to pay $189-$169 a night just for that reason. About a week befor the trip I got onto the hotel website and they said pool closed till further notice. I called the hotel to find out when it would be fixed. They said UMMM not sure its still being built. Why did the reservation desk say you had a pool when you clearly dont have one? I canceled my reservation and booked at a just as nice hotel for $108 a night!!! Yes! $108 a night!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chrissy E, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
K R,

I am sorry for the confusion that took place during your reservation process. Unfortunately, our pool is currently under construction, but will be opening soon. This information has been poste don all online booking sites and should have been noticed by the agent who booked your reservation through the 1-800 number. I am sorry that the information that was given to you was misleading. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property and I would be more than happy to arrange for some kind of compensation on a future stay to remedy the issue with your previous booking.

Again I apologize that this experience fell short of your expectations. Please allow us another chance to change your mind about our property. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and tell us about your experience. I hope to see you in the future!

701-572-8800

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2013

They charged me $150 and said I smoked in the room. I am not a smoker and never have been. I stayed 3 nights and the room had a faint smell of smoke when I checked in but did not give it a thought. Three days after I check out there is a $150 charge on my bill. No call or e-mail from the hotel. They really stuck it to me. I will never stay there again!

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Chrissy E, Manager at Best Western Plus Williston Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Ken C,

Thank you for writing a review for our property. I am more than happy to look into the smoking issue that you mentioned above. We take our damage charges very seriously, and resort to damage charges only when absolutely necessary.

In order to ensure that we are providing the best quality product for each and every one of our guests, we have certain policies (including our non-smoking policy) in place. At check in, all guests initial our non-smoking policy, which clearly explains that the hotel is authorized to charge a guest up to $250.00 if a room is smoked in. The reason for this is the extensive cleaning and attention that the room needs to reverse the damage that is done.

If at any time you check into any room at any hotel, and you sense a cigarette smell, contact the front desk immediately. As far as I am aware, all hotels will hold guests financially responsible for smoking in a non-smoking room, and you should not be held responsible for this if you were not at fault.

I encourage you to contact me directly at 701-572-8800 so that I can look further into the charges. Again, we take these situations very seriously and I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks again,