“You get what you pay for”

Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Williston
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I’m surprised by the negative reviews of this hotel. I stayed here recently with my mom and my son, had a great time in the pool and the restaurant was nice. Yes, the hallways are not immaculate like you would expect at a 5 star. But the room was clean, I felt safe and it was not noisy and I had a good sleep. I guess when I pay as little as this cost to stay here, I feel like I got good value for my money. I think what this comes down to is people have problems with the other clientele. If you don’t want to share accomodations with hard working blue collar men and women, drive your car (with the oil and gas they are creating) and pay 50 dollars a night more down the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear We2traveltheworld,

Thank you for your comments, as we are striving daily to be the BEST in Williston! We will be doing a renovation of the total property forthcoming.

You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us in the near future and I look forward to meeting with you.

Safe travels & Best regards!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

First, only stay here if you are a single man. imagine the worst and that's close. The pictures on their website are what the hotel will look like when they remodel, not what they are today. Dirty rooms and sheets. Overall a dangerous place.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ND_Baseball_Moms
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear ND Baseball mom,

As per correspondence very sorry to hear you felt unsafe with all of the men at the property, as mentioned prior we do have Security on property, with the majority of the guests working in and or supporting the oil fields you are correct the majority of our clientele are men.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience you encountered, you are a valued guest and I look forward to meeting you next time you are in Williston as per conversation.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times because our kids love the pool with the slide. Yes, the carpet needs to be replaced but the rooms are always very clean and the beds are comfortable. It needs serious updating but we never cared because our kids loved it.This time we put our trip money on a cash card and used it to make our reservation. It was just a one night stay but we were going to let the kids swim in the evening and then the next day go shopping or maybe take them to a movie. Unfortunately they overcharged us plus put an additional 100 dollar hold on our card. So what should have been 150.00 off our card was over 400.00. So there went our shopping and movie. We were using cash for this trip all on the card. They told us they have no idea when it will get credited back to us and they can't control it. So be careful when you book with them. This has been very frustrating and I think I will be too worried about this happening again to ever come back.

• Stayed: June 2014
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Mr. Bruckner,

Sorry for inconvenience you encountered with the bank holding your funds as when checking in a day early the desk had put a hold on earlier check in. The bank usually holds funds for 2 to 3 days prior to releasing funds for any/all incidentals. As I mentioned prior the property will undergo a complete renovation beginning this fall.

As per my prior correspondence I look forward to meeting you next time you come to visit.

You are a valued guest and I look forward to having you with us again, sorry again for any inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Their food service is excellent in the restaurant, wait staff makes you feel at home. Rooms VERY clean, but the renovation will help. Jackie gets thumbs-up on meeting planning. GM VERY attentive to guests. If you need a great place to stay and everything one-stop-shop, this is the place. You are a welcome guest at the Grand Williston!

Room Tip: There is no fitness center nor spa, but I didn't want this to count against them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank J P
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

JP,

Thank you for your comments, I have passed them on to Jackie and the TEAM, the fitness room is coming with renovation this fall.

We look forward to having you with us on your next visit, you are a valued guest and we appreciate your business..

Travel safe!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Staff very helpful, but nothing they can do about the following problems...

Room is ok, but in room internet is inconsistent or doesn't work.. pool is closed... ice maker broken on first floor...door by my room from the outside won't open with key..business center computer won't open up Adobe files...printer out of ink...carpet torn between bathroom and main room..people smoking pot outside the hotel...breakfast buffet on weekends is $14.999 a person....need I say more..

I've stayed in Williston at many 2.5 star hotels and this is NOT A 2.5 star hotel.. I'd have a hard time calling it a 1 star.

Please re-evaluate this hotel!!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room.. stay away!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DanaSchau
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Dana Schau,

As per my email conversation to you any/all challenges you mentioned have been addressed and rectified, the $14.99 was for Sunday brunch, all you can eat, made to order breakfast, build your own waffle/pancake or parfait station, bananas foster, cherries jubilee, lunch items and much more.

You are a valued guest and I look forward to hearing from you as per my email and meeting with you on your next visit.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have not stayed a night at this hotel, but I did visit the restaurant. There was one waitress on duty and she did not come to our table for 15 minutes.. Please keep in mind that there was only ONE other couple in the dining room. We were brought the wrong drinks and food - and there was only 3 people in my party. The waitress' husband and child came to visit and we didn't receive service while they were in there (she told us to hold on while she was kissing and hugging her husband, in plain view, in the dining room).

-I ordered a grilled chicken salad (which was far less than impressive)
-one of my guests ordered a t-bone steak (which he said was 'ok')
-one of my guests ordered lobster, asked for melted butter to go with it twice, and never received any.

I will not be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Lacey,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you encountered, please be advised your challenge has been addressed with the appropriate TEAM members, You are a valued guest and I look forward to speaking with you as per my email sent to you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Grand Williston is an old hotel that is clean and adequate. If you are looking for a nice place to stay that doesn't have the upscale amenities, you have found your hotel.No frills.It is not the hotel of a dream vacation. It is a hotel in an oil field. The bed was comfortable. The room was dark but it overlooked the indoor pool. The staff was exceptional. When they told you they would do something, they did. Food in the restaurant was hearty and filling. Not a 5 star restaurant but again, it served the need. My only complaint is that the hotel apparently had another name and they did not change the sign. GPS kept telling us we had arrived but the name did not convey that message. We happened to see the new name on a banner attached to the building or we may still be driving around in circles.

Room Tip: if you like a nice bright room, opt for one away from the pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tom R, General Manager at Grand Williston Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Marilyn,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, I've passed your comments on to the Operations TEAM we appreciate your comments and look forward to having you with stay with us in the near future. Best regards and safe travels,