“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Custer WA
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Reserved online, then phoned motel direct to get room pre-assigned because my wife has mobility issues. Easily arranged, no problem. Very large room (#140) - could use some pictures or something on the walls, but that's just cosmetic. Beds were fine and four pillows available for each! Wifi slow and you have to log on through their provider - but that's not a deal breaker. You could easily spend more money for less room. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
qiswa708, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you Oldretiredguy22 for you review. We get many requests for a variety of things and we're not always able to accommodate all of them but I am very pleased to read we were able to accommodate yours. I am also gratified to see that you feel you got your moneys worth while you were staying with us.
I apologize for the speed of our wifi, it is a work in progress we hope to remedy soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I'm staying here a total of a month or so for work. Its clean enough, but its very cheap. Cheap food, cheap sheets, cheap rates. The most frustrating is the cheap internet. They say "high speed" but no, its not. You can't even stream hulu in the evening because they only give you like 1mbps download and 0.25mbps upload. In the evening you dont even get that because everyone is sharing the bandwidth. In other words, if you expect to use the internet in your hotel room, dont come here. Just trying to get on this site to write this review has taken 10 minutes. Just to load the page and write this.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Samuel P for your review I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay more. I agree that sometimes our internet can get a little bogged down when there are several people using it at the same time but we are working on it. As for the cheapness of our breakfast items and linens I'm a bit confused there. Choice Hotels International has very strict standards regarding both breakfast items and linen thread count. Our breakfast items come from well known name brand companies such as Pillsbury, Chefmate, Otis Spunkmeyer, and others. The standard on linens for midscale hotels is 200 which is what we use.
Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have never rented a bigger hotel room than the one I got here. There was a huge amount of open space in the middle of the room, like someone had stolen some furniture.

Our AAA rate was $64 plus tax.

Wi-fi worked fine. Water pressure and hot water were fine. We found the room clean. Air conditioning unit was a bit loud. Breakfast was kind of blah, but most hotel breakfasts are blah.

The hotel is located on a commercial strip with fast food joints nearby, but noise was no problem.

All in all a good experience and I would return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadTripRoger
qiswa708, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you RoadTripRoger for your review. I glad you had a good experience while you were here. I assure you no furniture has been stolen, our rooms are just that big.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was surprised when my husband and I arrived to check in that Jim the manager, showed us 3 different rooms to see which would be the most suitable for us. The rooms were all well kept and clean. The bed was comfortable and no noise. When asked about restaurants Jim recommended a very good restaurant close by. Staff was extrememly helpful and parking was good. Breakfast was okay. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Meryl O for your review. I'm happy we found a room that suited your needs and your stay with us was an enjoyable one.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was surprised by how much we enjoyed our one night here. The staff were friendly and professional, the room was well kept and clean. Our room was one of the ones they hadn't yet remodeled (thankfully) which allowed a little separation between our bed and the kids' bed so we could read without keeping them up as much. The bathroom was nicely partitioned, again allowing for some privacy while still giving access to the sink (with 4 people it can normally be difficult with someone showering and another brushing teeth). The best feature was having the sliding glass door to a small patio that lead to the outdoor pool and hot tub. The kids loved the pool and the big room. The breakfast was unfortunately the standard fare (biscuits and gravy, waffles, toast), but well laid out and well stocked. The only negative that we noticed was a musty smell in the hotel, possibly from the pool.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you EBfamilyof4 for your review. I'm glad you liked the layout of the room and the patio that leads out to the pool area. That is the one bad thing about the poolside rooms however.
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I paid for a week on one room and a second room for one night. Smelly dirty hallways & my room stuck of new carpet & paint EWWW! The toilet barely flushed and then overflowed. When I complained The unidentified OWNER told me to leave. They held the funds for a week off my credit card like thieves!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you lanasline for your review. I'm sorry you felt you had so many issues while you were here. During a remodel, you do get many different smells and some can be a little overwhelming. I wish we had a button that could release an authorzation on a guests credit/debit card. For whatever reason no hotel system that I'm aware of has that capability, so without contacting your bank directly we have no say in how long the funds are held. I do apologize for that.
Ashton, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Desk attendant was friendly and very helpful. Room was clean and quiet, with a cool little nook for the desk. Breakfast was very adequate. Good location, easy to find. No problem staying again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Dave E for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the design of the room.