“Wonderful staff excellent hotel-Veronica and Ray Jesser”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, WA
“Wonderful staff excellent hotel-Veronica and Ray Jesser”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for a lengthy period of time and the owners and the staff are wonderful. The hotel has a beautiful green space in the back for your pets and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is always helpful and friendly. It's a great place to stay for a short or lengthy stay. The location is excellent for a quick trip into Portland or anyplace in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank DawnDVancouverWA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Deer Park, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

Renovations in progress! No noise from the renovations that I could hear (good) but nice to see that the hotel is investing in updating their rooms (good).

My room was huge. HUGE. Clean and spacious, kitchenette.

Due to flight delays I didn't arrive at the hotel until 2am. Tired and grumpy, I received a very warm welcome from the staff who made me smile (no mean feat considering the aforementioned tired and grumpiness).

Physical facility-wise, this is a fairly average Quality Inn/Suites. On the other hand, the staff are excellent, friendly and easy to talk to. With the renovations, this hotel will continue to improve.

Good value.

A note of caution. My business was just on the other side of the river in Oregon. As it turns out, I-5 is a parking lot in the morning southbound... took me 30 minutes to go about 3 miles, just just be aware. If you need to travel in peak times to Portland you may be better off staying at a hotel south of the border.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
qiswa708, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you christ0fu for your review. I'm glad to see the remodeling didn't disturb you and you were able to get some much deserved rest after such a late arrival. We have 2 nights auditors so I'm not sure if it was Robbie or Krystal that got a smile out of you but I'm glad they were able to. We believe as I'm sure many others do as well, that the only real difference between hotels in the same bracket is customer service.
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel, as it was really the only near bu option for a class I was attending. I didn't have very high hopes, the area I town doesn't seem the safest. But at $69 a night, and being my only choice, I booke a room.

Now, this isn't a 5 star ritz carlron. It's a refinished older hotel, and they did a fine job. My room was very big, clean, quiet, comfortable bed, large changing room and bathroom, great little kitchen, an flat screen TV. The service was great, and the breakfast was a would be expected. Overall a fine stay. I would stay here again if I'm in the area. Very affordable!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you ORmom2 for your review. You are correct when you say we are an older hotel. Originally built in the late 70's as a small apartment complex, the current owners have done a great job keeping the place looking fresh and new. Even though we've just finished a large remodel, we plan to do more later this year and into 2014.

Hopefully you will come back after it's finished and enjoy the improvements even more.
Custer WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Reserved online, then phoned motel direct to get room pre-assigned because my wife has mobility issues. Easily arranged, no problem. Very large room (#140) - could use some pictures or something on the walls, but that's just cosmetic. Beds were fine and four pillows available for each! Wifi slow and you have to log on through their provider - but that's not a deal breaker. You could easily spend more money for less room. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you Oldretiredguy22 for you review. We get many requests for a variety of things and we're not always able to accommodate all of them but I am very pleased to read we were able to accommodate yours. I am also gratified to see that you feel you got your moneys worth while you were staying with us.
I apologize for the speed of our wifi, it is a work in progress we hope to remedy soon.
Mountlake Terrace, Washington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

I'm staying here a total of a month or so for work. Its clean enough, but its very cheap. Cheap food, cheap sheets, cheap rates. The most frustrating is the cheap internet. They say "high speed" but no, its not. You can't even stream hulu in the evening because they only give you like 1mbps download and 0.25mbps upload. In the evening you dont even get that because everyone is sharing the bandwidth. In other words, if you expect to use the internet in your hotel room, dont come here. Just trying to get on this site to write this review has taken 10 minutes. Just to load the page and write this.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you Samuel P for your review I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay more. I agree that sometimes our internet can get a little bogged down when there are several people using it at the same time but we are working on it. As for the cheapness of our breakfast items and linens I'm a bit confused there. Choice Hotels International has very strict standards regarding both breakfast items and linen thread count. Our breakfast items come from well known name brand companies such as Pillsbury, Chefmate, Otis Spunkmeyer, and others. The standard on linens for midscale hotels is 200 which is what we use.
Putnam, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have never rented a bigger hotel room than the one I got here. There was a huge amount of open space in the middle of the room, like someone had stolen some furniture.

Our AAA rate was $64 plus tax.

Wi-fi worked fine. Water pressure and hot water were fine. We found the room clean. Air conditioning unit was a bit loud. Breakfast was kind of blah, but most hotel breakfasts are blah.

The hotel is located on a commercial strip with fast food joints nearby, but noise was no problem.

All in all a good experience and I would return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadTripRoger
qiswa708, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you RoadTripRoger for your review. I glad you had a good experience while you were here. I assure you no furniture has been stolen, our rooms are just that big.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was surprised when my husband and I arrived to check in that Jim the manager, showed us 3 different rooms to see which would be the most suitable for us. The rooms were all well kept and clean. The bed was comfortable and no noise. When asked about restaurants Jim recommended a very good restaurant close by. Staff was extrememly helpful and parking was good. Breakfast was okay. I would definitely come back here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you Meryl O for your review. I'm happy we found a room that suited your needs and your stay with us was an enjoyable one.