“Large Studio type room”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
oregon
“Large Studio type room”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

After reading reviews we booked a room for two nights. We were really surprised at the size of the room. It was a studio that was large enough to live in for an extended period. We had a large kitchen area and a walk in closet. This is not a 5-star hotel but the bed was incredibly comfortable with wonderful bedding. There was a full breakfast.....waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, toast and fruit as well as coffee and juice. The young woman taking care of the breakfast room (I'm sorry I didn't get her name) did an excellent job of keeping tables cleaned and food items filled. The first morning we had to take our food to our room.....it is a very small breakfast area......the second morning we were able to stay and eat there. Our only complaint was at checkin when there was no one there to check us or the other two parties in. We had to call the motel number twice to get someone to come to the desk. Computer and fast printer are available. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality A, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
First let me say thank you for the room and apologize for the tardiness of my response. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you really liked the breakfast and the beds. Our regular breakfast person is Martha and I will forward your comments to her.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ridgefield, Washington
Reviewed 6 August 2013

AWESOME!!! My family and I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff, especially Tomisa, are top notch. It's affordable, comfortable and conveniently located. And free breakfast is a major plus!! One time we were there for an extended period of time while our house was being built and the staff made sure we had a room with a kitchen. AWESOME!!!

Room Tip: Rooms farthest away from the breakfast room make for good sleeping in the morning.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the review and I apologize for the tardiness of my reply. Thank you for the very kind words, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All our staff including Tomisa work hard to make sure our guests get the best stay possible. It's very rewarding to see others see it too.
Mead, Washington
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very noisy, as soda and ice machines were outside our door plus the stairs to top floor. Fitted sheet did not fit bed so kept popping off. Called desk at 8:00, was told a new sheet would be brought. Never happened.... very disappointed in our stay here. We had just driven 8 hrs and were exhausted. Did not get much sleep. I would not recommend this hotel. Have paid less for a room elsewhere and had much better accommodations.

Room Tip: Do not stay in rm 140. Right outside rm is soda machine, ice machine, outside door, laundry and stai...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lena M,
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay as well as the taridness of my response. We were sold out that night and 140 was the last room available of the room type you reserved. Yes it is our last sell room for the reasson you noted. I'm also sorry the front desk clerk forgot your bedding. I have spoken with her and suggested she start writing down requests so she doesn't forget them.
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This location has a very small driveway that is practically hidden so look closely for entrance. Once you drive up the driveway you are in another world. Buildings are placed with lots of room between. There is a large grassy pet area. They even have dog treats at the check in counter!. Secure central hall entry for each room. Room key is needed to access buildings. Rooms are extremely large. Some have recliners and/or couches. Some rooms have patios and/or balcony. Kitchenettes are available at this location. Beds are firm and bathroom linens are sparkly white. Self laundry facility on site. Breakfast is a little more than just coffee and stale pastry. Staff was constantly restocking food and drink items so there wasn't any wait. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very large room with complete kitchen but no furniture. Nice balcony. Room was clean. Not too many smiles at the front desk. Staff smoking outside near entrance. Usual breakfast. Poor wifi. Even the hard wired internet did not work very well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sycha
Vancouver, WA
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for a lengthy period of time and the owners and the staff are wonderful. The hotel has a beautiful green space in the back for your pets and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff is always helpful and friendly. It's a great place to stay for a short or lengthy stay. The location is excellent for a quick trip into Portland or anyplace in the Vancouver area.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank DawnDVancouverWA
Deer Park, Washington
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Renovations in progress! No noise from the renovations that I could hear (good) but nice to see that the hotel is investing in updating their rooms (good).

My room was huge. HUGE. Clean and spacious, kitchenette.

Due to flight delays I didn't arrive at the hotel until 2am. Tired and grumpy, I received a very warm welcome from the staff who made me smile (no mean feat considering the aforementioned tired and grumpiness).

Physical facility-wise, this is a fairly average Quality Inn/Suites. On the other hand, the staff are excellent, friendly and easy to talk to. With the renovations, this hotel will continue to improve.

Good value.

A note of caution. My business was just on the other side of the river in Oregon. As it turns out, I-5 is a parking lot in the morning southbound... took me 30 minutes to go about 3 miles, just just be aware. If you need to travel in peak times to Portland you may be better off staying at a hotel south of the border.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
qiswa708, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you christ0fu for your review. I'm glad to see the remodeling didn't disturb you and you were able to get some much deserved rest after such a late arrival. We have 2 nights auditors so I'm not sure if it was Robbie or Krystal that got a smile out of you but I'm glad they were able to. We believe as I'm sure many others do as well, that the only real difference between hotels in the same bracket is customer service.