“Comfortable”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable only thing that needs changes is the hallway carpet really needs steamcleaning very dirty other than that good swimming pool warm and clean manager polite and patient was a young lady

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Quality A, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Raquel,
Thank you for staying with us and for writing us a review. The carpets do get shampooed regularly but I agree the carpet in the main building is looking rather forlorn. We replaced the carpet in building B a few months ago and after summer we will be replacing the carpet in the main building. Hopefully the next time you are in Vancouver, you will come and check it out.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for almost a week while in town on business. I enjoyed the room. My second time here. I'm always impressed by the size of the rooms and the cozy feel of the hotel itself. The staff is usually always helpful. Jim who is the manager is very nice. Housekeeping is pretty good. Other staff is always friendly. I do not remember two of the girls at the front desk but they helped when needed. Even Krystal after working all night helped with breakfast when I needed something...howeverI was not very impressed to not see Dawn there. She was always friendly and accomodating to me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Victoria for your recent stay with us and your kind words. I'm glad to see the staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make your stay a more enjoyable one. The next time you are in Vancouver, we hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel!! Very clean, cozy and comfortable beds! Had a recliner to pit my feet up and relax! I would highly recommend!!! If I'm ever in this area again, this is where I'm staying!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank bowlingcoachdeb
Quality A, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear bowlingcoachdeb:
Thank you very much for such a positive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to stay in one of the rooms with a recliner. They are sneaky and change rooms from time to time. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Although this was not a newer motel, my room looked like it was. The bath/shower was great with plenty of hot water. The furniture was good quality and the bed was very comfortable. There was even a desk. The Wi-Fi was rather slow however. The Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Elmer W
Quality A, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear JSmith084
Thank you for your review I'm glad to see we exceeded your expectations in most areas. I apologize the Internet was the one exception. Hopefully the next time you are in vancouver you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The bed was great after long trip of driving to the area. I fell right asleep. The room was quite large and clean. Love the mini fridge / micro when traveling. The morning breakfast was expected to be a type of continental style. I was shocked to get hot waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, oatmeal, danish / muffins, with juice and coffee. It was a nice surprise and great start to our day.

Room Tip: Get a room on back side to be away from parking lot noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TSFfromNM

Dear TSFfrom NM:
Thank you for your very positive comments about our rooms and especially about our breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Vancouver.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

As a Choice Privileges Diamond member, I stay in Choice branded properties quite frequently, of which Quality Inn is one. This property provides clean, comfortable accommodations at a good price, and the staff is pleasant and helpful.

This is not a fancy hotel. It an older hotel with interior corridors which do show a few signs of age. But the rooms are quite large, very clean, with comfortable beds, and the basic furnishings one would expect in a mid-tier hotel.

My room was an efficiency unit, which had a kitchen alcove with a full size stove, fridge, and granite countertops.

Upon arrival, I was checked in quickly by a very professional, pleasant, and efficient person working the front desk, and my checkout was likewise handled in a professional, pleasant manner.

Free wireless internet access is provided, and a separate breakfast area off the lobby provides a complimentary breakfast buffet. I did not sample the breakfast so cannot comment on the quality or the choices.

The highway is close to I-5, with convenient access to Portland, which, when traffic is light, is about 15 minutes south. The Portland airport is about 20 minutes away.

Compared to properties of similar caliber in this area, this motel is very competitively priced, and a variety of discounts (AAA, senior, association) are available at the brand website. Also be aware that Choice Hotels runs frequent promotions where it is very easy to earn free stays, even if you only stay occasionally in motels - worth checking out.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank step12dude

Dear Step12dude:
Thank you for choosing Choice Hotels and specifically our hotel for your stay in Vancouver. Being a diamond member shows your commitment to Choice properties and we truly value your loyalty. In the new year we will be remodeling the interior corridors as well as some of the other interior areas and hope you will visit us again to see the improvements we've made.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel is set nicely back from the busy highway (99), and traffic noise did not disturb our sleep. Quality Inn is pet-friendly, important for us, as we almost always take our dog along. Be aware that there is a pet fee of $10/night, but they do not seem to add the tax to that portion. Our room was very large, with a nice complete kitchen area and full-size refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and, after an initial skirmish with the wi-fi, we were able to get connected.

We did note a couple of safety issues: at the nice pool area, the handrail at the entry end was quite wobbly and insecure. Also, our room had a slider to the outside, and the lock did not work securely. When we pointed this out at check-out, they did take the matter seriously. If you get a room with a door to the outside, check the lock thoroughly BEFORE settling in.

Room Tip: If traveling with a dog, ask for a room with an outside door; they seem to have several rooms with s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear 3islanders:
You are right we do take our guests safety and security very seriously and thank you for pointing these issues out to us. Our staff works very hard maintaing the hotel but I do apologize that you had to bring it to our attention in the first place.