“A hotel in transition”

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Point Roberts, Washington
“A hotel in transition”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked a two-night stay on Expedia for the hotel with the name listed above. The next day (when I was already en route) I got a call from the desk clerks telling me that the hotel name had changed names but the sign out front still had the old name (Choice Inn). Without that call, I could have been driving around for ages! The room was comfortable, quiet, clean, but had none of the info you might expect a hotel to provide (like checkout time). I'm pretty sure this is just because the place is transitioning from one management to another. When I got home, I realized I had left my tablet in the room. I phoned immediately and got Andrew at the front desk. He went right upstairs and found the tablet and offered to FedEx it to me the next day. Such great personal service makes me want to return after they have finished their changeover.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if stairs are a problem, request a first floor room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Robin D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Proximity to the Clark County Event Center was perfect. Some of the room furniture is outdated, but the overall cleanliness was great. Staff was friendly and although I did not use the pool and spa, I saw several families/kids enjoying it. The continental breakfast was ok. I’ve seen better but have also seen worse. I would definitely recommend this place if you’re participating or attending any type of event at the Event Center.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I booked a room for 2 nights and was called a few minutes later and was told that my reservation was going to be cancelled because someone was there in person and wanted to book the same room I did. I was pretty furious because I already paid for the room with my credit card.

All my plans for the weekend fell through. Thanks Choice Inn and Suites you suck!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Angie L
ChoiceInn, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
We regret that we were unable to accommodate Ms. Leong's reservation. A guest had just checked into the room Ms. Leong requested and our reservation system had not completely updated itself which incorrectly allowed Ms. Leong to reserve the room online. A staff member immediately called Ms. Leong to apologize and notify her of the error and asked if she would prefer a different room that was available which she declined.
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 11 December 2013

From the young and polite man at the front desk checking us in to the clean room with "extra" touches (creatively rolled towels, etc) followed by the next morning with a continental breakfast open for 3 hours and another friendly and cheerful/polite front desk young man ... nice clean place to stay with a very nice staff. The hotel is not new, but it is very clean - and big towels!

The most impressive part is that when I got home I realized I left my MacBook power cord in the room; called the hotel and they had it. Asked how quickly I needed it and to my surprise, it was delivered by USPS via overnight mail. Hats off to the staff at Choice Inn!

Room Tip: Shopping center with Safeway is next door so if you choose to stay in at night, shop away - the refr...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lisa E
Rainier, Oregon
Reviewed 30 November 2013

If you need a nice place to stay overnight, last minute, right off I-5, this is the place.
The bed was a little too firm for me. The continental breakfast could have stayed open an extra hour, but overall I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for several weeks. Room was excellent in quality and appearance (like new). My only suggestions are for them to improve their continental breakfast. While adequate, it does not have a waffle maker or gravy/biscuits--most places offer one of these. Also suggest they offer a monthly rate or a more competitive weekly rate for someone who stays longer than one week. The rate is the main reason I will not stay longer term as otherwise--the stay here was first-rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank John S
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not a well maintained / kept property. Dingy hallways, poor room cleanliness, front desk staff that always seemed to be overwhelmed, and a breakfast room that could accommodate maybe 1/4 of the guests. Rooms were poorly lit, and furniture was sparse and worn-out. We checked out a day earlier than originally intended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family