“Not bad,not good either...”

Comfort Suites Vancouver
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
“Not bad,not good either...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel because they supposedly offered a great rate for a basketball tournament we attended. I usually do not stay at this brand of hotel as I travel a lot and have become sort of a "hotel snob". This hotel is what I expected for the price and really don't have anything bad to say. The staff was nice and friendly to our kids, the breakfast area was wayt to small for the amount of people staying that weekend. The room was descent, we had a 30" TV in our room which was way to small for that size of room. The sheets and towels were clean "most important factor for me" however the telephone, curtains, remote and nightstand were disgusting. Even my son didn't want to touch anything. Again this is what I expected, most of the families in our party moved out the next day. It's a good hotel if you are looking to save money.

Room Tip: Don't have any tips
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Super clean, great staff and beautiful location outside of Portland. Unlike a previous comment noted, we found the bed to be VERY comfortable and the desk clerk could not do enough to make our overnight stay more pleasant. If only this were the same at all Comfort Inns, we would not need to search other accommodations..
Very relaxing pool and spa as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MKM M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Hello Jim E,

Thank you for the excellent review of our property, I am pleased to see that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

MKM Manager
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The things in this room we made for TALL people. I am 5'2 and I can hardly get into the bed, The mattress has a pillow top and are VERY soft on the sides. Once you get into the bed you roll INTO THE CENTER. The beds are so spongy when two people on the bed you both roll into the center and like quick sand sucks you in it's hard to get out. The bathtubs are VERY high and hard to get into the separate faucets are hard to regulate the water temp. The vanity is too high it is hard to reach the sink. The computer desk is wobbly (room #132). Breakfast store type cinn. & blueberry muffins. Biscuits in a crockpot and gravy so soupy ( like soup ) way too thin. Warning tray with 1/2 scrambled egg and 1/2 hash browns they were empty so I HAD TO ASK FOR MORE. They came out of the kitchen all mushy and NO brown on them at all they were grose. The peach yogurt was good. Nice to get glass plates and silverware at breakfast but not good food .8:55am desk clerk asked for more food , no more came out Breakfast IS OVER AT 9:00am(6-9). The chair in room faces away from the TV and the bed is too high & too high to sit on to see the TV.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
MKM M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello Jeep057,

Thank you for leaving us a review here on Tripadvisor. I want apologize for not exceeding your expectations and want you to know that I am looking into these issues and making the necessary adjustments needed for the breakfast items.

As far as the furniture being to tall, I will see what I can do for this as this is the first I have had this issue come up. We want to do our very best to accommodate each guest as best we can, so I will look into what we can do for guests with similar needs.

Again, thank you for your review and for bringing these matters to my attention. I hope we can server you again in the future!

MKM General Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Very friendly staff and great quality breakfast. The SW exterior door is not accessible even with the room key. There is a large ditch/pothole just on the other side of the south driveway. You can't avoid it. If it's raining and the hole is full of water you won't see it. Be careful - or use the driveway on the north/mall side. There's a large empty alcove in the first floor hallway perhaps where vending machines or other equipment should be that's unsightly. I've stayed here before and I'll stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MKM M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hello Budman100,

I appreciate your review of our hotel. These items have all been since attended too and hopefully shouldn't happen again. As far as the empty alcove, we are undergoing some upgrades and I apologize for the unsightly mess. Once finished, it will a great feature to guests that use the fitness room.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope we can serve you again in the future!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After a late night at work and during a recent ice storm, I started calling around looking for a room. Surprising how many hotels don't answer their phones late at night- luckily for me Comfort Suites does. After confirming a room was available, I was warmly greeted by the night desk clerk, who gave me a room that I'd call unbelievable for the price. The room was spacious, very clean, and most importantly quiet. I was able to get a late checkout time, one of many ways these people go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. A hot breakfast was available, which was especially tasty after fighting the ice and snow all night. Given the opportunity, I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MKM M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hello Applethecat,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. We always appreciate hearing the great feedback from our guests. We do hope we can serve you again in the future!

Thanks again!

Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

After dealing with a horrible comfort inn over in Portland I came to this hotel where they treated my family well. My kids loved the pool and Karl at the front desk was awesome and so helpful he made checking in so easy. These hotels are individually owned so make sure you find one with a good owner.

• Stayed December 2013
MKM M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hello mswim2004,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate the kind words and that we were able to accommodate you in such a great way. I will make sure to pass along the compliment to Karl as well!

Thanks again!

MKM Managment
Portland, OR
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel one night on business. I generally like Comfort Suites, which is why I chose this one.

The hotel location is good. It is centrally located in Vancouver so it's pretty easy to get to pretty much any part of town in 10 or so minutes. It's also right by the mall and lots of restaurants.

I was not impressed by my room. Most of the light bulbs were burned out or missing and had to sit right by the front door near the only working ceiling light in order to do my office work. There was no soap or shampoo or any of the normal "amenities" (if you consider soap an amenity)

It was also very apparent that this was more of an "apartment" than a hotel, a lot of people live here. During breakfast there were a lot of families eating in their pajamas and the hotel clerk also mentioned that she lived onsite with her family.

I wouldn't choose to stay here again as there are many other accomodations in the area at or below the price point for this hotel which offer a better experience. I don't want to totally slam the place because the staff was very friendly and I chose not to mention the issues I had with my room with them because I only had a very short stay and just dealt with it. I am guessing they would have tried to resolve the problems with lighting and lack of toiletries, but the fact is, they probably should have been a little more proactive.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hello KatieKatPDX,

We appreciate your review here and your kind words about our staff. We want you to know that we use reviews like this as training tools to make sure items like this don't happen again. We do apologize for that inconvenience, but we can assure you that these issues have been brought to our staffs attention and we have corrected these issues as to not having rooms ready and refreshed accordingly.

We can assure you that we do not have residents at this location though, especially staff members living on site. This would violate company policy as we do not allow staff members to stay more than just a couple nights at the property they are employed at.

Again we apologize about these issues and we hope that we can serve you again in the future.