“Love the Quay!!!”

Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
“Love the Quay!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2003

I reallyl like the rooms, the staff, the food, and the view. It is really clean and you get right in and right out. Hard to beat that!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2003

While in Vancouver for my Grandmother's funeral my husband, 11 month old son and I stayed three nights at the Red Lion Inn at the Quay and it was disappointing. We pre-paid the reservation through priceline. The room was not very big but it was alright, except for the ants. They were small black ants and we didn't see them until the second night we were there. I contacted the front desk the next day and they said they remembered that a work order had recently been put in for that problem. They said they would send somebody to our room. They sent a man who brought a pesticide to spray them with. Although he was confident that it was safe to spray, I told him that I didn't feel comfortable with that plan because of my 11 month old son. He had me go so far as to read the label of the pesticide which convinced me that it was not safe. The hotel offered no other solution. They did not offer to move us, nor did they apologize. I felt it was very tacky for them to put us into a room knowing there was a problem with it. They did nothing at all to compensate us. We will never stay there again!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2003

My wife, daughter and I stayed at the Red Lion again this year while attending the Portland Dog Shows in January, as we always do.

The hotel staff is great with the dogs, and the hotel is very dog friendly.

The convenient location and freeway access makes it the very best spot to stay.

The rooms are clean, the housekeeping staff is efficient and quick. The restaurant has the very best Sunday brunch around.

The staff was very accomodating to us when we decided not to stay another night, and did not charge us even though it was several hours after check-out.

I will be staying at the Red Lion next month when I attend a business convention at another hotel, rather than stay at the hotel at which the convention is being held. I like the Red Lion that much.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Red Lion Hotel on the River
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Heathman Lodge
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver

Been to Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay

Property: Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
Address: 100 Columbia St, Vancouver, WA 98660-3159
Region: United States > Washington > Vancouver
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay 3*
The Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay is located on the Columbia River in Vancouver, Washington. The hotel is less than a mile west of the Interstate Bridge on the I-5 on the Washington/Oregon border. It is easily accessed from the I-5, travelling North or South (EXIT 1-C). In addition to waterfront guest rooms, meeting and event space, the Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay also features a full service Restaurant and Lounge with live music every Friday and Saturday night. The cover charge is free to our hotel guests. The Renaissance Trail, which runs alongside the hotel property, paralell to the river, is a four mile paved path for your choice of walking, jogging, cycling or strolling. Esther Short Park and the Vancouver Farmer's Market are also in walking distance from the hotel. Besides the Quay Restaurant and Bar, there are many other great Restaurant choices close by. There are countless options for local shopping from antique stores in downtown Vancouver to the Vancouver Mall to Portland's metropolitan shopping experience. We are only a ten minute drive from downtown Portland and fifteen minutes from the Portland International Airport. We do offer a free shuttle to and from the PDX Airport and the Vancouver Amtrak station. Our hotel features 160 guest rooms, including two Riverview suites with Jetted tubs and one suite with a full kitchen. Many of our rooms offer an exquisite view of the Columbia River and year round access to the River Deck. We have a heated outdoor pool for seasonal use with an ADA lift making the pool accessible to all of our guests. We have a guest computer, printer, onsite laundry, an exercise room, vending machines and newspapers available for guest use. Each room has free internet access, a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and ample amenities to ensure comfort throughout your stay. We are excited to present a crisp new look with our recently upgraded bedding. Our neatly made pillow top beds look more inviting than ever! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Lion Hotel Vancouver