Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
US$115
Heathman Lodge(Vancouver)
US$194
US$182
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$222
Travelocity
US$96
US$94
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

After having a terrible experience with this red lion a year ago for my wedding reception, the manager offered my husband and I a complimentary stay for 1 night. I tried to call to schedule this and I was told I had to call the manager who issued the voucher to me to reserve our room. I called and left 4 messages on the managers personal voicemail at the hotel and I was never called back. The voucher has now expired and we are still dissatisfied. Thanks for the empty gesture after an awful experience at our wedding! If I could give this hotel a lower score I would! Clearly they do not care at all about customer satisfaction. Take your business and money elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank katei c
RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you again for your review. We do care about you as our guest and we would very much like to have you back to our facility. I am certain that you will recognize a striking contrast inour service from your last visit. We have made some great changes with more to come. I apologize that we were not able to effectively verify the request from your last stay. Unfortunately, our mutual attempts to contact one another haven't been successful. We are actively seeking an opportunity to address the situation with you and hopefully we can turn things around. We do care! I'm looking to forward to talking with you again. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and share your experience. We just need to make the experience better!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I attended a conference in Vancouver, WA, and the Red Lion was a much cheaper option, only ca. 5 minutes away from the Hilton. They even have a free shuttle from and to the airport. Free wifi, even in the rooms, though better in the lobby. Room was splendid, very big, tasteful decor, good beds, everything there you might need. Breakfast was not included, so I don't know anything about it. Hotel is right on the river,, so great view. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here a couple of nights to explore the Portland area.
This is an outdated property, and the first thing we noticed was the musty smell in the entire hotel. The rooms are old and small, but the beds were comfy. Our room had a small balcony overlooking the pool which didn't look very inviting aswell.
The most anoying thing was the noise; this property is build next to the I-5, in the flightpath of the airport and trains on the tracks behind the hotel are blowing their horns all day and night. Why a hotel is build in this location is beyond me. Major sound isolation would be the first priority, in my opinion!
We payed about 61$ before tax on Priceline for this room, which is about the right price for this hotel. I saw i sign that said 129$ for a room, which is way too much. I would rate this one as a 2* hotel.
No complimentary breakfast aswell!

Room Tip: If you want a good night sleep, go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We genuinely appreciate the feedback. Noise from air traffic seems to be more noticeable from some areas of the hotel than others. However, we are always pleased to recommend a quiet sleeping room for those who find it bothersome. Unfortunately, we don't have much control over that aspect of our location! The good news is that our hotel is no longer pending closure and we are updating! We hope you will visit us again in the future to see what kind of changes we are making. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I really wanted to love this place but its just old and it smells - both the lobby and room. Location is awesome, staff was very nice but very busy because there was only one person when we went. The restaurant was great, nice service. Rooms are quiet except for the AC which sounded like an alarm clock at times, clean as they can be for an older hotel and the beds are very comfortable. We didn't get the view we were promised but I couldn't stay anyway because of the musty smell that was kicking up my allergies. I hope they renovate and I'll try it out again. With all the good reviews I see it must be that my expectations were too high.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with direct river views where you can walk out on the deck. Some nicer ones have sliding doors. I would get one of those on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sweetc2000
RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our facility! I don't think your expectation is too high. I think you were very fair and honest in your observations. This kind of candid feedback is most valuable to us as it gives us an opportunity to focus on the things that matter most to our guests. The good news is that our hotel is no longer pending closure due to the Interstate bridge project. So we WILL be updating! We are excited about the changes to come and we hope that you will visit us again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was my second stay at this location, and it was just as good as the first time. The weekend that I stayed there were several things going on, and the hotel was pretty full, but this did not detract from the stay. It is an older facility but the staff is great, and I did not have any issues while I was there. As a matter of fact, they really seem to be on their toes. I ordered room service my first night I was there, and when the food was delivered it was discovered that the light just inside the door to my room was out. No big deal to me, don't usually use it. 10 minutes after room service left, maintenance came to fix the problem. As I said service and staff are great and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank speedracer05
RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Wow! That is a fantastic summary of our property. Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience. It sounds like you travel frequently and you know what to look for in a hotel. I'm glad that we were able to make it a positive landmark for you. We look forward to seeing you again!