“Very pleased” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Hotel was very nice, pool was closed but appeared to be closed because spring had just started. Staff was very professional and courteous, I asked for a good seafood restaurant in the area and she directed me to one that I must agree was fantastic. My room faced the river and the view was very nice. Next time I am in Portland, I will be returning to this hotel, it's worth the 5 minute drive across the bridge.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here with 2 of my employees and we were all impressed. We asked for a river view room. We were charged a little more, but it was worth it. The rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious. And we really liked the restaurant. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a river side room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!
Pendleton, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Upon check-in my co-worker and I were given our room keys and directions for our rooms which was located on the other side of the round-about in front of the hotel. The outside door needed a key to enter, but neither of our keys worked. Co-worker went back to front desk to get both keys "fixed." Tried hers and was successful. But of course, when I got to my room the key didn't work again. Maybe it was my fault for not double-checking it worked, but after already having it fixed you would think it was FIXED. Luckily there was a House Phone in the hallway instead of having to traipse back down to the lobby thru their odd layout of a hotel. This was how the rest of my stay would go; leave room and not be able to enter again unless they had someone open the door for me and then go and get me new keys. We were not the only guests this happened to either; A LOT of people had the same problem, just not sure if it continued to happen to them as it did to me. Each time I needed help though, I cannot fault the staff because they were incredibly helpful and would be apologetic and do the best they could to remedy the issue fast and with much courtesy. I have to say Evan was more than accommodating by giving me food vouchers which I appreciated. As for the rooms themselves, they were very small, but clean. The bathroom was especially tight quarters with having to close door to use toilet behind it. Which was fine for modesty anyway, but in order to reach towels, you would almost have to close the door. Old TV with lots of lines running through it; not many channels; scary 1st floor sliding door that led out to a walkway that was covered with overgrowth and didn't look very secure or safe. My last issue was with the conference rooms. While we had a great view of the river and all the boats, I would hope that if they ever remodel they will consider a better soundproofing. You could hear every horn, whistle, hammer, etc in that room. Made it very distracting to hear presenters. Front staff was great, but restaurant staff and wait staff at banquet seemed a bit haggard and not too accommodating. These were my main issues; I could probably complain about some other issues. Was glad to go home.

Room Tip: I said it was a "poor" location based on the type of travel I was there for, which was for...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for your helpful review. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry that we did not make you and your associate feel more welcome upon arrival. It is really discouraging to have issues with keys when you are tired and ready to get into your room. I apologize that we weren't able to assist you. We really enjoyed having your group here and we're anxious to have you back again. The information you provided is very helpful to identify the areas we need to improve in order to provide the quality of service you deserve. Thank you again for your review. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here on our way to the coast. It was a steal of a deal and in a great location. The room was nice and very clean, didn't have any weird smells that most hotels tend to have. The staff were super friendly as well. It was also just a short walk from Joe's Crabshack and Who-Song and Larry's. We will stay here again next time we're in the Vancouver/Portland area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RLH Vancouver Y, Guest Services at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Super review! We're so glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!
Vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

30 years ago, Red Lion Hotels were beautiful. This hotel is dingy, way outdated, so in need of a re-model. No servers in the lounge and lounge was very unprepared for that night 2 hours prior to band starting. Menu of appetizers was horrible....UPDATE....change the menu. Ate nothing at the hotel. Doors leading into rooms look like some lock hardware was changed out on most doors so to me, looked like someone had tried to break in which made me feel unsecure. Weather Stripping around door leading out to the deck area by the water was missing so cold area coming in all night. Walls so thin, we were unable to sleep due to the construction workers staying in the room next to us. They were partying until 3:00 a.m. Either update or tear down. Had a Gift Certificate for $220....that room was no different than Motel 6. The entire property is so run down.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you very much for your review. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations in terms of service and current condition of the building. We are in the process of making some of the much needed updates you refer to. Until very recently our hotel was pending closure due to a bridge construction project. Now that we have learned that the project has been permanently suspended we have a lot of work to do! We are looking forward to presenting an improved facility to our loyal guests. We appreciate you staying with us and we will address the service issues you pointed out as well. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is critical to our improvement.
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Since the remodel this hotel is every nice and provides an awesome value in the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA metro area. The beds are very, very comfortable and staff is great. The restaurant has amazing fish and chips as well as clam chowder.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Michael W
Thank you for the excellent review. We appreciate your feedback!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The lobby had the cheap smell of overlay fragrant cleaning products designed to cover up as well as clean. The room smelled slightly better, but was still gross so I lit a candle take my mind off of it...the bathroom clean...the bed was so-so. The pickings were slim in Vancouver, but I'd roll the dice on another hotel before going back here again.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Heckboy
Thank you for your review. I am disppointed to hear that we did not meet your expectaions on your most recent visit to our facility. We are in the process of making some much needed updates. It is our hope that you will give us another chance and stop in to see how we are changing and improving the hotel. We do appreciate your feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to identify areas that impact our guests so that we can make your next stay with us better.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Hilton Vancouver Washington
Heathman Lodge
#2 of 29 in Vancouver
Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach

Been to Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay? Share your experiences!