Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
US$149
US$113
US$195
US$187
Quality Inn & Suites Vancouver North(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$195
US$169
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I checked in for my 2 night stay on a Friday at around 330pm. I had no wait and the customer service guy at check-in was very friendly.
I stayed on the first floor in a room adjacent to the pool entry door. I thought this would be a noise issue, but it wasn't. I had a great view of the river out my window. Overall- I had no issues and enjoyed my stay.
PROS-
Clean, comfortable bed.
Fridge in the room!!
Free parking & WiFi
Restaurant and Bar on site (I only tried room service and was pleased with both meals I ordered)
Being right on the river was very cool, I loved the view and the little park thing behind the hotel.

CONS-
Traffic sucks getting into and out of Portland on the weekend, which is unfortunate, but most of the activities I was doing were on site, so....not a major issue.

Limited TV- this is only an issue if you are actually hanging out in your room and aren't using your Netflix or something.

My King room was small. If you have lots of luggage and are more than one person, this room will be tight.

I really had no issues with this place and reading some of the other reviews make me confused. Are we talking about the same place?? Service for me was friendly, maid service was timely and my room service was good. The rate could not be beat and the river view was awesome. I would stay here again for the same gathering, but if you want to do stuff IN Portland, stay in Portland and save yourself the traffic headache.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LolaZee
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I went to this Hotel for a Tiki Event. The Hotel is Dated but clean and has character. It shows its age and can do with a remodel. The room I got was " Riverside" and had a nice view of the River. The Bathroom I was in ( room 115 ) is completely Handi Accessible and large. The beds were nice. It had a unit that contained a coffee maker and the supplies, microwave ,and a small refrigerator which worked well. All being said the accommodations were nice.
The downside was that the air conditioner was not working at all. I just happend to be there on the hottest days they had that year 98 degrees. I was not in my room much except to bathe and sleep. It was difficult to sleep. The manager "Evan" did everything he could to resolve this but they were unable to fix it .. it was just broken and could not be fixed. On the last day they did end up replacing the entire unit. They were going to move me but I needed to be in the room I had booked for a specific reason so I did not move. The last night I did sleep well as the new A/C unit was from the Arctic Region and super cold. The manager Evan was very apologetic about the entire thing and to make up for it they charged me the lowest room rate and comped me one night for free. I feel that was more than accommodating.
The one thing you do have to enjoy while you are there is the dining room. It has cool nautical decor with an entire mast and sail in the dining room. The Bar are is nice as well and has a great view as does the dining room. The food was typical of most Hotel food. Nothing special but not bad. They did offer a simple breakfast buffet with the usual assortment of breakfast foods. Nothing special but all fresh. They did offer a menu for breakfast as well. The service was extremely slow so do not go there if you are starving. The do have a Happy hour in the bar and a small selection of "food" to have with your drinks. The drinks were standard in price with a fair selection of beers.
Over all I would stay again because I think its nice for the price you pay. All of the Personal were as nice as can be and were always happy to help you with anything you needed. I will especially mention the Manager " Evan " he is a great asset to this Hotel. To let you know how much so here is what he did for me. I had to check out of my room so they could clean it up for the next customer. I had to wait 2.5 hours to get a shuttle to the airport ( which they provide for free ) . I was just enjoying the grounds and remembered that I had left a sandwich in the refrigerator in the room . I asked Evan if He could please check to see if it was still there so I could get it to take it on the flight with me. He returned and told me that it was gone and they had already cleaned the room. I could not get another sandwich as the Cafe was closed. Evan told me he would go to the kitchen and see if they could prepare me a sandwich. He returned with a box containing a nice Turkey and Cheese sandwich and potato salad. I asked him if the kitchen was open he said " No it was closed so I made you the sandwich myself". Now that is Customer Service and why I will come back to this hotel just because of this kind of service.

Room Tip: Rooms 107-119 are on the first floor and have river views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sammyvelvet
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Thanks again here is a 2nd Letter of great concern.

The outside doors propped open for the massive power cords going in and out of the Red Lion Hotel.
The patio doors to some of the rooms were propped open and their halkway door was propped open so anyone could cone and go and everyone could hear the loud music.
The Pool was a free for all. No room for me but alot of homeless people were there.
No security at all
I must have gone through 5 sets of keycards that didnt work
I needed the rest exhausted from the trip
A huge Bar and Bartender when you walk into the Hotel, only when you ask for a drink you get snubbed they say its only for tikikon members
The second day was the Wedding and after I was eager to get back to the Hotel and rest Ha!
The pool was closed off to everyone for inclement weather.
I decided to curl up with a good book in bed only people would come to the door knock and leave
The people above us must have had kids, jumping off the bed all nite every 15 minutes, it sounded like a bowling ball being dropped on the floor. I put the earplugs in only to still hear it, eager for Monday to come so I could go home and get the rest And sleep.
Dan White

Stayed: July 2014
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback so that we can address these areas with our staff. We apologize tremendously for the experiences you encountered with other guests during your stay. I would like to apologize for the issues with your room key cards as well. We hope you will provide us with the opportunity to rectify these issues so that we can have you back and provide you with the superior service deserved!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed one night for a girlfriends birthday. Hung out by the pool all day which was fantastic, just the right temp! Got a room on the river side so you can go out your back door and have access to a HUGE deck right on the river. Awesome!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I wish we could do negative stars for this hotel. The rooms were nasty. I found hair on the sheets (not mine). They screwed up our reservations and the first night we were there we had no hot water. The staff was terrible, they don't know how to fix problems only offer excuses on why things aren't getting done. The manager Evan just looked at me with a blank stare every time I asked a question because he was afraid to answer. The front desk girl would give details only vague responses. The walls are supper thin too. This hotel is a small step above a motel 6 or supper 8.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kenneths1211
RLH Vancouver Y, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. Keeping our facility clean and functioning correctly is a top priority for us and we regret hearing your stay was not pleasant. The hot water issues without a doubt caused great inconvenience until they were resolved. In the future we hope you come back to stay with us again and are able to meet your needs and expectations.