Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay
US$149
Staybridge.com
US$222
Homewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Vancouver(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$206
US$180
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hall and stair carpets were dirty. Found the Microwave, Refrigerator, and Coffee maker in room right before check out. Pool was closed during this visit and a lack of information between Hotel staff was evident. Some staff seemed like they'd laugh in my face to ask when the pool would be open and other staff did not know that it was closed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to apologize for you not being made aware of the pool being closed and for any unprofessionalism that was shown to you by our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel in Vancouver, WA because every room in Portland was booked.

Location: Easy access to/from I-5. Took approximately 10-15 minutes to get downtown Portland. Walkable to quaint downtown Vancouver (10 minutes), but you must pass through an undeveloped portion of the city which felt sketchy.

Facility: older building which looks like it was built in the 1960s. A sign mentioned the inside was recently renovated...average decor, but clean. There is an outdoor pool, conference hall and restaurant to be used by the hotel guests. The fitness room consisted of 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical.

Rooms: Our 2 Queen room was comfortable with 3 pillows on each bed. Temperature control is through the older turn dial vent system with heat, a/c, fan options. TV w/cable, mini fridge and typical room amenities were there. I really liked having 2 sinks in the room. 1 sink was in the toilet/shower area and 1 sink was in the powder room area.

Staff: when we checked in (noon on July 23rd), a female staffer was extremely rude to us and every guest that she encountered. We were initially put off by her but were happy when a shift change occurred and a male host replaced her. He IMMEDIATELY fixed all issues and his mere presence changed the atmosphere in the crowded lobby.
We were woken up at 8.30am by House Cleaning the morning of our checkout. 8.30am? There is absolutely no reason to be knocking on doors at that time...look at the check in/out log and figure out what rooms are free. Poor form.

Overall, I recommend this hotel only as a last option...such as the situation we were in. I would not seek this hotel out, nor recommend it as a first option. However, it does provide clean and adequate amenities.

1  Thank mattchilds
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel itself is old but clean. The night staff are not helpful but actually surly and not welcoming. We experienced a fire next door; broken lock on our door and broken business center. Not great.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you by our staff. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay and I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly.
We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was a nice enough property. Comfortable, clean and updated rooms. The balcony was odd- they all connected to each other and had stairs down to the pool, which was nice if you wanted to go down there, but a little weird. It was a very nice location and the staff was very pleasant. All in all it seemed to be a very average property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

No hot water in the bathroom. The cold sent my body into shock and I slipped in the tub and sprained my ankle. Ouch. Almost hit my head on the sink.
CRT television! If you have pets, this is the hotel for you.
The customer service I received from the staff was excellent. Housekeeping made me a swan towel! They were friendly, greeted me and I had no issues except for the cold shower.
Lots of noise at this hotel too. It felt like the people in the room next to me were sharing a room with me.