“FLEAS STILL!”
Review of Motel 6 Vancouver

Motel 6 Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I should have listened to the previous reviews but did not so this is partially my fault. While we had no problems with any odd smells or strange people, I found fleas on my dog the day we left this motel. I searched the room as best I could when we got there due to the previous reviews and found nothing, but obviously could not search the rug well. My dog has NEVER had a flea in her life before this AND is on flea preventative, so I can only imagine how many it prevented from getting onto her. She is a light colored dog so the fleas were easy to spot so I can guarantee she did not have any before this stay. I had to retreat both of my dogs for fleas and now I will have to deworm them for possible tapeworms secondary to the fleas. It was room 112.

There seem to be many semi-permanent residents here but they were quiet and respectful. The rooms are quite large.

This motel needs fumigation. I would not stay here again and risk my pets health. We did not get any flea bites on us, so I suspect the fleas and eggs are in the rug/under the bed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Holly T
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Dear Holly T - We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the pest issues you found and the inconvenience this has caused you. This issue is certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us address this issue and provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

No issues at all with our stay here. Got in late from the airport - room was ready & clean. Bed fine, pillows a bit flat. No problems, would stay again if in the area. The area the motel was in seemed to be a decent neighborhood as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2013

NEVER will I stay at this hotel again! Its not all of Motel 6's, but at this specific one! Out of all the rooms I've stayed in there wasnt one room that did not smell like old cigarettes and stinky feet! Gross!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cathmai
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After experiencing one bad review for here my husband and thought we would give it another try that it would be better after the first compalint. Ok so we were wrong, the internet was beter, however there was still drug addicts staying there, I was almost attacked by their pitbull when it came charging at me, our room was again dirty with food on the walls and mold in the sink and bathtub. Once the attack happened with the dog, I went to the front desk and compalinded told the manager I wanted a different room and one at the end away from everything, she then tols me that room was more expensive because it had a living room area, but she would put us there the rest of our stay and with an extra night. Ok so what happened to the other four nights we had to deal with all of the bull from the drug addicts. The room we were moved to know wonder they do not rent it out it is the nicest room they have.

Date: 01/05/2013

Tina Werner
9211 NE 15th Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98665

Contact Report #995207

Dear Mrs. Tina Werner:

The Guest Relations Department of Accor North America informed us of your concerns regarding our Motel 6 Vancouver, Wa property. They have requested that we conduct all necessary research with those involved and provide you with a resolution regarding a possible billing problem due to a cancellation, an overcharge or a reservation mix-up. We welcome the opportunity to investigate the matter.

Based on our findings, I did take care of the issue at hand. You never said anything was wrong with room 410 or I would have moved you sooner. I did give you a free night and moved you rooms for the issues of the other guest and their dog. The reason it took a few days for them to leave is because they was already paid up and there was not any other issues up to the day they left. Unfortunately, there will not be any other compensation as I did take care of the issue. It was my understanding you was happy with what I offered and was asking about prices for a month stay. We apologize for any confusion and we hope to see you again when your travel plans require a night's lodging in Vancouver, WA.

Very truly yours,

Theresa Reges

Room Tip: Stay as far away as possible from this motel it is worth it to pay more for another hotel.... Filthy...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Our experience was awful, my girlfriend and our two dogs booked a room as we walked in the stench of cigarettes in our non smoking room was disgusting! Carpet was filthy so bad I refused to take off my shoes. I tried to get one dog on the bed and smelt it like crazy and jumped off. He rather lay on the floor. We finally decided that it just wasn't possible we demanded a refund and went elsewear. Well now about 2 days later our dogs have fleas and brought it home to our cats! Worst hotel ever DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank quiltca
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband and I checked in for a week stay, and my one concern was the internet, I was told that they have high speed. I do schooling online and it was a constant fight because I was always being boted, the television had lines through most of the channels, and people in other rooms we lound and obnoxious. There is no pool or hot tub, it seems to be a storage place with all kinds of junk in it. This is not the best place, there are lso what seems to be a lot of drug addicts that stay and hang around here it is only obvious by looking at them. We have decided that this is an experience we do not want to deal with again. And when I talked to the manager about the internet not much was said or done, she told the maintenece person to go unplug the internet cables and plug them back in WTH !!!! I would rather pay more money and a pet deposit than ever do this again. Word of warning there is a reason it is so cheap and no deposits, it is because the services here suck !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: There is no tip run and do not stay here !!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I wish i would have read the reveiws before i stayed there. I like motel 6 because they are cheap and usually clean, and pets stay for free... We did not even stay a full day and three out of four of us were eaten alive by fleas. I am allergic to them so this is a real problem if i could save one person from getting bitten then this is worth it i strongly recommend that you stay elsewhere

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends