“Cheap hotel”

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
New York City, New York
“Cheap hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Low end hotel with a good price.
The room was clean& medium size, with flat tv, the bed was ok.
The neighborhood is ok but not the best..........
Value- price = worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We do not expect the Ritz at Motel 6 hotels. We have stayed at a number of them, since they are truly pet friendly. Just tell them, no additional fee. The motel is right off the I-205 loop route at exit 28. Lots of places to eat, some in walking distance. The area is ok. When you first drive up, it looks real cool with a nice brick front office area. Not your typical lobby area. I saw later, it was a Quality Inn at one time. The motel is tired. We were in room 108. The carpet was wrinkled, chipped paint everywhere, no wall treatments...pictures, etc. the outside area was in real need of a good steam cleaning on sidewalks and around the vending machines. The Housekeeping staff though, does a great job in making the room as good as possible. It was clean, even though the bed covers had holes in them....the typical Motel 6 covers. The sheets and blankets were pretty thin. They had free wi fi. Many Motel 6's charge. It will be a nice location when they put some bucks into renovations

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank retireddl
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I should have listened to the previous reviews but did not so this is partially my fault. While we had no problems with any odd smells or strange people, I found fleas on my dog the day we left this motel. I searched the room as best I could when we got there due to the previous reviews and found nothing, but obviously could not search the rug well. My dog has NEVER had a flea in her life before this AND is on flea preventative, so I can only imagine how many it prevented from getting onto her. She is a light colored dog so the fleas were easy to spot so I can guarantee she did not have any before this stay. I had to retreat both of my dogs for fleas and now I will have to deworm them for possible tapeworms secondary to the fleas. It was room 112.

There seem to be many semi-permanent residents here but they were quiet and respectful. The rooms are quite large.

This motel needs fumigation. I would not stay here again and risk my pets health. We did not get any flea bites on us, so I suspect the fleas and eggs are in the rug/under the bed.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Holly T
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Vancouver, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Holly T - We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the pest issues you found and the inconvenience this has caused you. This issue is certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us address this issue and provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 July 2013

No issues at all with our stay here. Got in late from the airport - room was ready & clean. Bed fine, pillows a bit flat. No problems, would stay again if in the area. The area the motel was in seemed to be a decent neighborhood as well.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2013

NEVER will I stay at this hotel again! Its not all of Motel 6's, but at this specific one! Out of all the rooms I've stayed in there wasnt one room that did not smell like old cigarettes and stinky feet! Gross!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Cathmai
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After experiencing one bad review for here my husband and thought we would give it another try that it would be better after the first compalint. Ok so we were wrong, the internet was beter, however there was still drug addicts staying there, I was almost attacked by their pitbull when it came charging at me, our room was again dirty with food on the walls and mold in the sink and bathtub. Once the attack happened with the dog, I went to the front desk and compalinded told the manager I wanted a different room and one at the end away from everything, she then tols me that room was more expensive because it had a living room area, but she would put us there the rest of our stay and with an extra night. Ok so what happened to the other four nights we had to deal with all of the bull from the drug addicts. The room we were moved to know wonder they do not rent it out it is the nicest room they have.

Date: 01/05/2013

Tina Werner
9211 NE 15th Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98665

Contact Report #995207

Dear Mrs. Tina Werner:

The Guest Relations Department of Accor North America informed us of your concerns regarding our Motel 6 Vancouver, Wa property. They have requested that we conduct all necessary research with those involved and provide you with a resolution regarding a possible billing problem due to a cancellation, an overcharge or a reservation mix-up. We welcome the opportunity to investigate the matter.

Based on our findings, I did take care of the issue at hand. You never said anything was wrong with room 410 or I would have moved you sooner. I did give you a free night and moved you rooms for the issues of the other guest and their dog. The reason it took a few days for them to leave is because they was already paid up and there was not any other issues up to the day they left. Unfortunately, there will not be any other compensation as I did take care of the issue. It was my understanding you was happy with what I offered and was asking about prices for a month stay. We apologize for any confusion and we hope to see you again when your travel plans require a night's lodging in Vancouver, WA.

Very truly yours,

Theresa Reges

Room Tip: Stay as far away as possible from this motel it is worth it to pay more for another hotel.... Filthy...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina W
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Our experience was awful, my girlfriend and our two dogs booked a room as we walked in the stench of cigarettes in our non smoking room was disgusting! Carpet was filthy so bad I refused to take off my shoes. I tried to get one dog on the bed and smelt it like crazy and jumped off. He rather lay on the floor. We finally decided that it just wasn't possible we demanded a refund and went elsewear. Well now about 2 days later our dogs have fleas and brought it home to our cats! Worst hotel ever DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed October 2012