“Good for the price! Nice Beds & Best FREE Breakfast Included!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver

Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Vancouver
Coquitlam BC
“Good for the price! Nice Beds & Best FREE Breakfast Included!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stopped here for a night, paid for a room with two double beds (cheapest option) came to $75 with all fee's. We had room 215, I would suggest you don't have this room or any other room directly across from the ice machine & vending machine as the compressor comes on frequently throughout the night which resulted in not sleeping.

Overall the room was clean, the beds were comfortable & the pillows were perfect. We had a nice large bathroom with tub/shower combo. The room itself had a flat screen and a fridge plus a microwave if you want to make food. There was also a sitting chair & desk in our room if you needed to work.

What really made this hotel worth the price was the breakfast that was included. It was set up as self serve from 6am-9am, they had scrambled eggs & bacon, 2 waffle makers-the waffles were delicious. There were hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, muffins, bread, coffee, tea, a juice machine.

I would stay here again but in a room far away from the ice machine!!

Overall pro's
-free parking
-free breakfast
-free WiFi
-Pool (outdoor in the summer only)
-Clean comfy beds
-Large bathroom

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CandysVacations
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Hello Candy,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, if only for one night, on your vacation! I hope you had a great time and enjoyed the rest of it. Also I wanted to thank you for taking your time to review our property and for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast. I do apologize about the Ice machine and you not being able to sleep though. If you are ever in the area again, please let me know and I will make sure you are well taken care of so that you can get a great nights sleep! Thanks again for choosing our Comfort Inn and Suites, we look forward to seeing you again!

Joe Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

Desk clerk was great. TV in room did not work so she switched us to another room. Knew answer to every question we asked her. Ask to see room if you want a king suite.... some are located near loud ice machines- the rooms ending in the number 16. Lobby seating area quite small but hotel is older and recently remodeled. Bathrooms very large. There is a free shuttle for 5 mile radius. Wifi works like a champ.

Room Tip: Don't get a room ending in #16. near ice machines and motors can be heard in room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Hello J K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. We make it our number one goal to make sure all guests have a great and wonderful stay. I am sorry to hear about the TV and the Ice Machine issues. I will make sure we take a look at that too ensure future guests do not have those same issues. Thank you for bringing that to my attention and thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future!

Kent, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I would not recommend this to someone looking for a luxurious place to stay, but if you're on a budget, and you want a decent hotel, this is for you!

They have a free breakfast, and the food was good, but not great. Waffles, really good muffins, cereal, mini bagels, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk, etc.

The room was comfortable, and had a medium amount of space. It was clean, had a nice tv, clean bathroom, and a working fridge and microwave. I was also able to bring my two small dogs, for a one-time fee of $20!

The staff were friendly and helpful, and I didn't have one single problem the whole trip!

It only takes 15 minutes to get to downtown Portland, and you are also around the corner from Fort Vancouver, which was really cool. There is also a Black Angus right next door to the hotel, but I didn't notice any other big-chain restaurants super close, but you're just 1/3 of a mile from I-5, so you're conveniently close to everything!

Room Tip: There were only 4 or 5 floors, and I was on the 1st floor with no noise.... so I think any of the ro...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Hello LauraWilmot,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here. We are always glad to hear our guest's stay was a pleasurable one. We always strive to make sure everyone is taken great care of and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future!

scotts mills or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

A large group of us stayed a weekend at this motel, and found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. We needed some extra services, which they provided readily. They really went out of their way. The manager came in on the weekend, just to check things out. He was great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. though our room with double beds was a bit small. (I recommend the queen-bed suites, just a little more money for a larger room). Breakfast was fine. I'd stay here again any time!

Room Tip: rooms with queen beds are larger, cost just a little more
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Hello betty l,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn and Suites. I appreciate the kind words and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We have a great staff here and it's great to see that they are doing their best to make sure everyone is taken care of. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

I've got nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Front desk staff was great. I was driving from Eugene to the hotel and was given GREAT directions from the agent working the desk. This hotel fit my needs perfectly for the the two nights I was in town for Choice management training. I had the pleasure of meeting the manager Joe and believe that under his management this hotel will thrive. As a manager of a hotel in Eugene the Comfort Inn in downtown Vancouver will be an easy recommendation to any guest looking for lodging in Portland/Vancouver area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Hello EugeneSleepInn,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit here in Vancouver. It was very nice to meet you as well and I appreciate the kind comments. I hope that when we can accomodate you again if you are ever in the area. If I'm ever in your area, I will definitely look your hotel up and at least say hi. Thanks again and I hope to see you again soon!

Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I had a conference across the river in Portland and the general manager went out of his way to make sure I was shuttled back and forth everyday. He was extremely nice, professional, and thoughful. I could tell he went out of his way in the duty of his job. The hotel itself was very nice, recently remodled and in a very safe neighborhood. The staff in general were very professional and helpful, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone simply on the general manager. He was the best. He really made me feel comfortable being in an unknown place by myself for this conference.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Hello pcvdebb1,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit here. I know you had that conference across the river into Portland, so I am glad I could make your stay with us a memorable one. I also enjoyed our conversations between trips. I am just glad I was able to get you over there to the conference so that you didn't have to take the bus. So thanks again and I hope to see you in the future!

Allison Park, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

Many breakfast items not available (well unless you want to wait 15 minutes).
No Hot tub, it was removed.
Many times there is no one at the front desk.
Laundry was closed out of service are entire stay (3 days)...
The pool area had towels everywhere never cleaned up and few lounge chairs.

In general, not managed...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
JoeJohns, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Vancouver, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
Hello pauljohnson1222,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would like to point out however, that we have never had a hot tub at our property and that it would be impossible to remove one if it has never existed. Also, as we get busy during the summer, I can understand how it would seem that there are not enough chairs when the pool is full of people during a sold out weekend and I apologize about that and hope you can understand. And as much as this is true for the chairs and constant use of the pool towels and it being difficult to keep up on, I want you to know that this is not excuse and I will be taking measures to make sure that the area is monitored on a more regular basis, especially on weekends such as these.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that you experienced and would like you to contact me with any further comments or questions directly at the hotel here.

Best Regards,

Comfort Inn and Suites

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels